• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honestly, I can see this happening...

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey SportsHoopla fans & hockey fanatics, I really don't know how many of you read threads in other teams forums so I'm posting here for some of your thoughts about this topic. I feel that the inconsistent play and contention for the BIG prize could ultimately cause this to happen.
This is a very interesting article of a topic that I've touched on several times here on SportsHoopla in the Bolt's forum. I can't see this happening for him to "just" play for his hometown crowd or because it's one of the original six or the "shrine" of the NHL. However, I can honestly say this does worry me because we all know the Bolts play is up & down all season long. They lose to teams that they should pulverize & play really good teams very hard ultimately winning most of these. Consistency has been a huge problem here in Tampa for the Bolts. Believe me, I'm not writing this because of last night. I really thought that both teams played a great game, both net-minders played huge and the scoring chances for both teams was unbelievable! But anyway, here's the link to an article that will really make one think! (And yes, Cobie will love to see who's at the #1 position).
IMO, #'s 8,6,5 & 1 would look the most inviting, if I were he. I would place the Wings at the #7 position because I don't think a losing team like Edmonton would even be in the running! The Habs maybe a possibility and I don't see him following MSL to the Rangers for 2 reasons: 1) MSL will be a retiree all too soon 2) He will be taking a step backwards concerning the D (something we all realize the Bolts addressed during the offseason & the Rangers will have to address).
I really don't see the Guins having the room for him $$$ wise.

http://m.sportsbreak.com/nhl/8-team...m_campaign=sportsbreak_desktop&utm_medium=cpc

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

1)It's 4 games into the season. This is still pre-season in a lot of ways.

2) Saying any NHL team should pulverize any other is not really sensible in today's NHL. OK, maybe Edmonton. :whistle:

3) It's 4 games into the season. Stamkos still has a full 160 games to play on his current contract.

4) It's pretty hard to call a team inconsistent in just 4 games. In such a small sample size just one poor game would constitute inconsistency.

5) It's 4 games into the season.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll go to Toronto for less :whistle:

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Stamkos is arguably the best player in the NHL (yes, I caught Fat Fat David Pratt on the cesspool this morning) and a generational talent. Tampa Bay is a team on the rise and likely just getting better with the emergence of guys like Hedman and Drouin.

In short, this article is a bunch of baloney.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:wtf:

1)It's 4 games into the season. This is still pre-season in a lot of ways.

2) Saying any NHL team should pulverize any other is not really sensible in today's NHL. OK, maybe Edmonton. :whistle:

3) It's 4 games into the season. Stamkos still has a full 160 games to play on his current contract.

4) It's pretty hard to call a team inconsistent in just 4 games. In such a small sample size just one poor game would constitute inconsistency.

5) It's 4 games into the season.

LOL :lol: I hear ya but I'm not basing this on just these 4 games. How many times have the Bolts been a Cup.contender since Stamkos joined them? That's what I'm basing my inconsistency upon. Answer is 2 times since he arrived here in 2008

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steven Stamkos is arguably the best player in the NHL (yes, I caught Fat Fat David Pratt on the cesspool this morning) and a generational talent. Tampa Bay is a team on the rise and likely just getting better with the emergence of guys like Hedman and Drouin.

I hope you're right. I'd love to see him retire here!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL :lol: I hear ya but I'm not basing this on just these 4 games. How many times have the Bolts been a Cup.contender since Stamkos joined them? That's what I'm basing my inconsistency upon. Answer is 2 times since he arrived here in 2008

It takes time to build a contender - did you expect them to be a cup contender when he first came into the league? It takes time to get past bad management, look at the Kings - they had a five year plan with Dean Lombardi and they ended up winning the cup in what, his fifth year there? So it worked out perfectly

Lightning will be just fine

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually hadn't read the article but I just tried to and ...

mc0449-final-2p_1024x1024.jpg

Nashville??

EDMONTON????!?!?!

mj-laughing.gif

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kadri, Gardiner, and a 2015 1st rounder. No staaling by Nonis on swinging that deal.

Too much.

Replace Kadri with Bozak and Gardiner with Frazer McLaren. Throw in a 5th rounder just to balance it out.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes time to build a contender - did you expect them to be a cup contender when he first came into the league? It takes time to get past bad management, look at the Kings - they had a five year plan with Dean Lombardi and they ended up winning the cup in what, his fifth year there? So it worked out perfectly

Lightning will be just fine

I agree, the bad ownership/management really set the Bolts back. And no, I didn't expect that. I just hope someone with his talent is patient and doesn't expect to be a Cup contender every season. If I had his talents, I'd want to be on such a team. I'd want to be in the playoffs every year!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, the bad ownership/management really set the Bolts back. And no, I didn't expect that. I just hope someone with his talent is patient and doesn't expect to be a Cup contender every season. If I had his talents, I'd want to be on such a team. I'd want to be in the playoffs every year!

They'll be in the playoffs every year the way they're building this team, it just takes time - you need experience and they're getting it right now

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll be in the playoffs every year the way they're building this team, it just takes time - you need experience and they're getting it right now

Indeed they are, at the expense of the poor Rangers. I'm happy the Bolts acquired these players this past off season!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, everybody looks at the Hawks team now (a perennial Stanley Cup contender), but they forget this was preceeded by 7 straight seasons of missing the playoffs. Great drafting and shrewd trades paved the way to the team you see today.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, everybody looks at the Hawks team now (a perennial Stanley Cup contender), but they forget this was preceeded by 7 straight seasons of missing the playoffs. Great drafting and shrewd trades paved the way to the team you see today.

Yup, and the Wings going for 24 consecutive seasons in the playoffs!!!! I can only hope that the Bolts get to that "perennial" stage!

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly.

The Lightning have a franchise-calibre defenseman in the making, what looks like a quality starting goalie and some real nice young depth up front.

They're definitely building a solid team around Stamkos. I don't really see any of the teams in that article, with the exception of the Kings possibly, having any brighter a future than Tampa.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he stays. You all may have heard about the "tweets" by him concerning the Habs (I believe it was them). Kind of got some of us worried around here. And than articles like this one surfacing.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is from 5 months ago, and probably in the heat of those summer Stamkos to the hometown Leafs rumors. Really though, he either stays or goes to Toronto, IMO. But this is a conversation for a few years down the road. I actually like a lot of what Tampa has going on at the moment. If Bishop continues on, I don't see why they aren't a legitimate threat. The East is pretty weak, so the opportunity is there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows, maybe he signs a long term extension and retires from the league to go play in Russia after 2 years?

andy-bernard-freak-out_o_GIFSoupcom.gif