• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Home Opener

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god, i hope paxton's injury isn't bad

...on the other hand, josh hamilton did something to his thumb sliding into 1B. evidently, his thumb got so swollen, he couldn't grip a bat or a ball.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god, i hope paxton's injury isn't bad

...on the other hand, josh hamilton did something to his thumb sliding into 1B. evidently, his thumb got so swollen, he couldn't grip a bat or a ball.

Just read a tweet, apparently Paxton doesn't believe it'll be serious as he didn't feel nor hear a pop. So that's good news!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton has a lat strain which is pretty much the best news you can hope for when your phenom starting pitcher has to leave a game.

I was cringing when Saunders dove into 1st late in the game and he ate it pretty hard. It's just too easy to hurt a shoulder or wrist on the bag or the 1st baseman's leg. You're also proven to be faster to the base if you don't dive in. Glad it was Hamilton and not Saunders who took the ramifications of such a dangerous play.

All in all, a good win tonight. 2 out runs were huge with the Smoak hit and Hart HR. Medina wasn't sharp but he was effective and Farquhar continues to impress. I don't think he should have been lifted for Wilhelmsen even though it worked out. Rodney's going to cause more than a few tense moments this season.

Happy to be 5-2!

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early in the season and I want to be cautiously optimistic about this team. Hope this season is the turning point for this franchise for many years to come!

Go M's!!!

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still early in the season and I want to be cautiously optimistic about this team. Hope this season is the turning point for this franchise for many years to come!

Go M's!!!
Cautiously optimistic is what I'm trying to be, objectively, but that Angels sweep pushed my a little as a fan. I started getting a little excited.

What I'll be watching closely this season, and hanging some of my expectations on for the future, is how this team rebounds after losing some games. That Oakland series for example. We played some tough baseball there against a very good team and one very shitty umpire. I was hoping to see some offensive output tonight showing the guys have put that behind them. Smoak showed that very well with another 2 out rbi single.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signing of Cory Hart is looking like a total coup for the Mariners this year. The guy was a bigtime bat before his knee injury. Even if he can't handle the duties of playing 1st base regularly anymore depending on the health of that knee, he's looking like a beast at DH. Perfect situation for joining the AL and handling DH duties most of the time.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember posting this video on the Brewers ESPN page when they signed him to an extension:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8&feature=kp

But I'm having a hard time coming up with anything clever for him as a Mariner and actually doing something good. Maybe the PA should just play the awesome 80's synth rif at the beginning when he comes to bat.

That's one reason I really liked Michael Morse. He loved 80's music and always had something great as his walk up music. Corey Hart needs to embrace Corey Hart

Last edited by a moderator:

Thisnamewasntaken

Formerly from ESPN
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we won! My prediction for if we won was off by one run and I'm glad my "feeling" I had about us losing was all in my head. Lets sweep these clowns again!!!

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jack Z likes reclamation projects. They are cheap and can have high upside. Some go well, others not so much. I was baffled that we did not get Liriano based on this. So far, it appears Hart is going well, but we still need to get a month or two in before claiming to have our RH hitter. LoMo has been mediocre, but not much different than Saunders at the plate. Saunders definitely better in the OF.

Great start, minus the injury, but it appears the offense is coming around, and you just don't know who is going to give it to you on any given day. We still have not had a huge day from Cano, but he is quietly getting off to a great start. He is also causing pitchers to walk him to get to Smoak. Hopefully Miller will break through some more because I am sure he is getting some tasty pitches.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton out at least 6-8 weeks to get surgery on his thumb.

lol

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton out at least 6-8 weeks to get surgery on his thumb.

lol

And Brian Moran, who was a promising pitcher in our farm before being picked up in rule 5 and traded to the Angels is having surgery and out for the year. They're getting blasted with injuries. Hopefully we can keep the pedal down and take advantage

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hamilton's injury is the latest example of why it's really dumb to dive head first into first base.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The signing of Cory Hart is looking like a total coup for the Mariners this year. The guy was a bigtime bat before his knee injury. Even if he can't handle the duties of playing 1st base regularly anymore depending on the health of that knee, he's looking like a beast at DH. Perfect situation for joining the AL and handling DH duties most of the time.

I hope you're right. Even after his big night last night he is still only hitting .227 and is yet to draw a walk. I still have my concerns about him replacing Morales.