• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Trades...

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TSNBobMcKenzie
RT @Ledger_NJDevils: Devils trade Rod Pelley and Mark Fraser to Ducks for D Curtis Foster an G Timo Pielmierer

Um...ok?

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Addition by Subtraction: Fraser/Pelley Traded for Kurtis Foster+

Fire & Ice

Obviously Lou wanted to get some veteran defensive help in here to bridge the gap until Greene and Atrain are healthy.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck to rod pelley good riddance mark fraserhopefully foster regains his ills form on the pp put him on the point with larsson and get kovy down on the sideboards where he belongs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason I like this trade. Foster is a step up from Fayne IMO and I never really cared for either Pelley for Fraser.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How could you not like this trade? We're trading two players we pretty much unanimously agree are worthless for someone who at least has some potential.

kellmit

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep 2 useless players for 1 good PP Dman and a young goalie... sounds good to me

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if neither of the players we get back are actually good who cares? This is a zero risk move on our part. Foster's contract is expiring at the end of this year anyway.

I'd also like to point out that if Marty let that in, peeps on here would be shitting ALL OVER him.

Last edited by a moderator:

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
ahhhhh come on guys i thought we were away from these cory murphy or ilya pikterean type deals. its a stupid trade...i would have rather got a 6th round pick in return.

with the bottle clog on defense with the young kids this is a great chance to call someone up and give them regular mins. IMO.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if neither of the players we get back are actually good who cares? This is a zero risk move on our part. Foster's contract is expiring at the end of this year anyway.

I'd also like to point out that if Marty let that in, peeps on here would be shitting ALL OVER him.

my point is that marty had been giving shit up like that consistantly, and more importantly the team is flat out WINNING when moose is in net and more often than not losing when marty is, whether Marty is playing good or not (and don't kid yourself his sub .900 says he could okay better more often)

And thats not even an argument.

The game is about winning right?

As far as the trade goes, we gave up spare parts for a guy capable of 5-10 goals and 35 points. It's a hard trade not to like

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahhhhh come on guys i thought we were away from these cory murphy or ilya pikterean type deals. its a stupid trade...i would have rather got a 6th round pick in return.

with the bottle clog on defense with the young kids this is a great chance to call someone up and give them regular mins. IMO.

Just two years ago foster put up 42 pta. And we need goalie depth this trade is nothing like the pikka deal

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his sub .900 would be better, if the team played better.

Again, its like blame a QB pass completions on dropped passes.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Pikka deal wasn't even a deal, we just signed him to a minimum contract didn't we? There wasn't a trade.

Also, tonight's game is a PRIME example of what can happen when you have about 100 games of NHL experience combined with 4 of your defensemen.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his sub .900 would be better, if the team played better.

Again, its like blame a QB pass completions on dropped passes.

But the flip side to that is the team might play more relaxed in front of him if he played better at the start of it all. A goalie should inspire your confidence not hurt it.

The fact is, as you saw tonight, the team flat out plays more relaxed and has a better chance of winning when moose is in net. At this point its not even in question. And unless we want to keep bitching and worrying about making the playoffs, its time for this team to acknowledge what works and what doesn't. All i care about the W. We get more with moose.

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pikka deal wasn't even a deal, we just signed him to a minimum contract didn't we? There wasn't a trade.

Also, tonight's game is a PRIME example of what can happen when you have about 100 games of NHL experience combined with 4 of your defensemen.

That's what i meant.

And hell yes. I am having g a hard time wrapping my head around why taormina is getting as much ice as he is. I'm really not sold in him.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but its just a useless move. one mans garbage for another not even worth filing the nhl paperwork IMO

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Maybe not.

We git a guy who just two years ago had 42 pts, 8 were goals then the year after had 8 as well just with less assists on a shit edmonton team last year

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fraser and Pelley were placed on waivers not too long ago and nobody wanted them. There simply was no room on the team and Lou was able to get rid of them. We get a guy with potential and no risk contract wise. Supposedly he has a good shot from the point. Larsson's shot will get stronger, but besides that, nobody on our defense scares any goalie with their shot from the point.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Talking to one of the reporters that cover the Lightning after the game, he said that Foster had a significant hand in Stamkos scoring 50 goals two seasons ago.

Teams had to respect his shot on the power play, which created more openings for Stamkos to shoot. Also, he said that Oates worked a lot with Foster on his passing, which improved significantly that season.

Foster’s negatives are that he’s not that mobile and never was that physical for his size even before he broke his leg in Minnesota.

Still, if you can accept the $1.8 mil. cap hit, which is only really like a million prorated 30 games into the season, it sounds like the trade was worth a try. It really only cost them a 7th round pick.

Posted by Tom Gulitti on 12/13 at 01:27 AM