• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Holy Shit! Cliff Lee a Philly?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they are still mad about the NLCS?

Do I smell a cross-country rivalry coming???

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yankees gonna finish third, now. Hehe!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants own him anyways!

Hey, I don't mind this. It puts the pressure right back on the Phillies and the Giants can go under the radar again.

Everyone will claim that the Phillies have the best rotation, best offense and experience on their side yada, yada yada. Giants will go back to being over looked and I don't mind that.

This doesn't fill their need for bullpen help and RH Hitters and in a couple years, they will be stuck with 3 aging pitchers with 8 figure contracts and will need to pay Hamels.

BTW, I've already heard that the Phill's rotation is going to be historic, no mention of the Giants.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck.....that helps the Phils a ton. They'll need to replace Werth, but Lee helps a ton, that's for sure.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey, I don't mind this. It puts the pressure right back on the Phillies and the Giants can go under the radar again.

Everyone will claim that the Phillies have the best rotation, best offense and experience on their side yada, yada yada. Giants will go back to being over looked and I don't mind that.

This doesn't fill their need for bullpen help and RH Hitters and in a couple years, they will be stuck with 3 aging pitchers with 8 figure contracts and will need to pay Hamels.

BTW, I've already heard that the Phill's rotation is going to be historic, not mention of the Giants.

If anything, the Phillies are trying to emulate how the Giants did it. And yeah, it bothered me as well to see the "historic" description used with the Phillies rotation.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, how did that happen? Looks like he turned down about and extra $40 million from the Yankees. Anyway, it's nice to see the Yankees fail to get him, but now we'll have to contend with an awesome Phillies rotation. On the bright side, our guys are young and rising while the Phillies' staff is old. Here's to youth being served again in 2011!!!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wow, how did that happen? Looks like he turned down about and extra $40 million from the Yankees. Anyway, it's nice to see the Yankees fail to get him, but now we'll have to contend with an awesome Phillies rotation. On the bright side, our guys are young and rising while the Phillies' staff is old. Here's to youth being served again in 2011!!!

....And now the Giants staff have something to prove. I am SO looking forward to 2011.....

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how we are talking about the lack of a salary cap in baseball with the Yanks and all - now they are walking away without Crawford and Lee, lol.

Looking forward to duking out it out with the Phillies again, a place where I grew up as a youngsta before moving out to the bay area. Phuck Philly!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how we are talking about the lack of a salary cap in baseball with the Yanks and all - now they are walking away without Crawford and Lee, lol.

Looking forward to duking out it out with the Phillies again, a place where I grew up as a youngsta before moving out to the bay area. Phuck Philly!

I'm telling you, there is a mini-rivalry brewing. Ever since 08', we have played the Philies tough each series, they have bitched about our ballpark, we have bitched about Manuel leaving off Pablo in the AS Game and then him losing to Victorino in the final vote, Rowand leaving Philly to join us, Burrell eventually joining us after leaving Philly, the J. Sanchez- C. Utley hate, obviously the NLCS. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but there is atleast going to be a rivalry between the fans.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm telling you, there is a mini-rivalry brewing. Ever since 08', we have played the Philies tough each series, they have bitched about our ballpark, we have bitched about Manuel leaving off Pablo in the AS Game and then him losing to Victorino in the final vote, Rowand leaving Philly to join us, Burrell eventually joining us after leaving Philly, the J. Sanchez- C. Utley hate, obviously the NLCS. I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but there is atleast going to be a rivalry between the fans.

Yep.... hopefully ESPN/FOX will see it that way and get us some national games.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.... hopefully ESPN/FOX will see it that way and get us some national games.

Well, they'd be smart to. You can't go wrong with any game. Baring injury, you wont see an unknown/slouch pitching matchup. The Giants and Phillies play 4 at AT&T in August over the weekend, so I predict that Thursday will be an MLB Network game, Saturday will be a FOX game and Sunday will be an ESPN game lol.

Damn, we play the Phillies all at once. The week before, we play the Phillies in Philly for a mid-week 3 gamer.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't someone eloquently analyze in detail how Sanchez >> Lee?

This would disperse the pressure of being an "ace" among all the aces.

By name alone, their rotation seems formidable indeed.

I like this for the Giants .. the team does its best work when chasing down its prey .. rather than being the lead dog.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move looks like the Phils are trying to match up with the Giants rotation, plus keep up with the Braves recent moves.