• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hokie Christmas Gifts

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I know that I tweeted about the birthday gift that my folks from VT. I figured now is the best time to compare stories.

My folks got me cufflinks, as such because they know that I only wear French cuff shirts:

AhPoCS_CMAEJMUD.jpg:medium

Well, for Christmas, my mother and I got my father two cases from his saber and my grandfather's saber from the Corps. They were both in the same company (Company K) and we got mahogany ones with chicago maroon velvet lining. I thought that it was a pretty cool thing to do:

I will take a picture of it when we put it up to share. It is similar to this:

usmcosabercase.jpg

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both gifts are amazing. I'm sure your dad is going to love it, that's pretty impressive.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sabre setup looks pretty sweet 46. Nice cufflinks too!

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a VT diploma frame (finally) from my parents, another VT hoodie from the Mrs., and my pride and joy below from myself to myself:

Pic 1
helmet3.jpg

Pic 2
helmet2.jpg

Pic 3
helmet.jpg

Got David Wilson, Logan Thomas, Danny Coale, Frank Beamer, Bud Foster, Bruce Taylor and Eddie Whitley signed. Will make an awesome addition to the mancave; although I feel groupie-ish.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got David Wilson, Logan Thomas, Danny Coale, Frank Beamer, Bud Foster, Bruce Taylor and Eddie Whitley signed. Will make an awesome addition to the mancave; although I feel groupie-ish.

Damn that's awesome. How'd you get it?

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
VT

A set of four engraved crystal VT mugs <---- Very NICE :)
and a couple (2) VT coffee cups

Other stuff

a bunch of cash
a couple cutter buck shirts
but the best thing was this dale and thomas popcorn gift set <----- if you havnt had this shit, try it!

bought myself (and fam) a 50 inch to watch the sugar.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I am about to enter the private sector, I got git cards to Macys and a few other places for suits, etc.

I also got all three of the Good Eats books since I am scientific quasi-chef.

I got a couple of Hokie books and Hokie snuggie (which no I will not be wearing, ha ha)

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a framed, autographed pic of Michael Vick from his VT days!

I also got seasons 1-3 of Breaking Bad on Blu Ray (best show on tv!).

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All it takes is one Reeses Cup

Here 46n2 and myself pose for our Best Friend picture :) :

sp_0803_01_v6.jpg

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We got one of the signed Beamer 25th Season prints from the in-laws.

My youngest sister, the artist in our family, hand made us a really nice Tech inspired hanging wreath.

And, although not a real Christmas gift, we stumbled onto the "Virginia Tech Football Vault" by Chris Colston and had to have it. Apparently its acouple years old and it's not anything new about Tech history, but it has some cool little reproductions of post cards, stickers, and old tickets and programs. A fun little addition for the library. Costco has them for $30

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
We got one of the signed Beamer 25th Season prints from the in-laws.

My youngest sister, the artist in our family, hand made us a really nice Tech inspired hanging wreath.

And, although not a real Christmas gift, we stumbled onto the "Virginia Tech Football Vault" by Chris Colston and had to have it. Apparently its acouple years old and it's not anything new about Tech history, but it has some cool little reproductions of post cards, stickers, and old tickets and programs. A fun little addition for the library. Costco has them for $30

The Virginia Tech vault was one of the books that I was talking about. I haven't opened it yet, but it seems really cool.

I have it (actually think we've talked about it on here) has some really cool stuff on the history of VT. One of the things i remember most is the story of a 1 handed RB that we once had. Anyway yeah i'd say you guys will enjoy.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I had to look to remember what it was but Hank Crisp was a RB @ VT who lost his hand in a childhood accident. He later went on to coach @ alabama and was the man who recruited Bear Bryant.

TagAndBrag

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I got a new Remington 300 Win Mag with a stainless barrel and Realtree stock. I also made a VT lunch pail for friends from an old '50s pail. They loved it.