• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOF class announced

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL HOF announced.

Michael Strahan, Andre Reed, Walter Jones, Derrick Brooks, Aeneas Williams, Claude Humphrey and Ray Guy are the newest football immortals headed for enshrinement in Canton. Humphrey and Guy were Veterans Committee candidates.

Michael Strahan is in...that outta piss Warren Sapp off!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]429770645799329792[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

Congratulations for all of them, but a big one for Walter Jones.

:suds:

BfbaRM0IQAA5LsG.png:medium

Last edited by a moderator:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want a ring and a trophy for that?

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I agree with them not grabbing either Jerome Bettis or Kevin Greene.

If you're going to put Curtis Martin in the HoF, how can you not grab Bettis?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think I checked, saw there wasn't one, made one, and had that take more than a full minute? :scratch:

Obviously people check. I'm sure the mods will delete one. Not sure what more you want.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't think I checked, saw there wasn't one, made one, and had that take more than a full minute? :scratch:

Obviously people check. I'm sure the mods will delete one. Not sure what more you want.

An apology?

It happens. I've done it and when I have I've apologized for it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I agree with them not grabbing either Jerome Bettis or Kevin Greene.

If you're going to put Curtis Martin in the HoF, how can you not grab Bettis?

I actually think Bettis not getting in was the right call at this time. I'm sure he will eventually get in but yeah this year not sure I would have voted for him. The guy was good don't get me wrong. You don't get that many yards without being good just think that when I hear the words HOF I think of guys that were the best during their era and Bettis just doesn't fit that bill.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Bettis not getting in was the right call at this time. I'm sure he will eventually get in but yeah this year not sure I would have voted for him. The guy was good don't get me wrong. You don't get that many yards without being good just think that when I hear the words HOF I think of guys that were the best during their era and Bettis just doesn't fit that bill.

I disagree. He was 5th all time when he retired and just a few yards behind Curtis Martin - who's already in. I don't get why Jerome wasn't selected.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, wow. You really take the cake. We actually have a player in this class and I posted about it. I know your team with all of its storied players and tradition has so many HOF players that it is trivial to you, but this is the first since Cortez Kennedy and outside of Steve Largent is the only other one attributed to us that was a career long Seahawk. We are proud of him and are going to congratulate him. I'm sorry if that bothers you since you had a post up about it first. :rollseyes:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, wow. You really take the cake. We actually have a player in this class and I posted about it. I know your team with all of its storied players and tradition has so many HOF players that it is trivial to you, but this is the first since Cortez Kennedy and outside of Steve Largent is the only other one attributed to us that was a career long Seahawk. We are proud of him and are going to congratulate him. I'm sorry if that bothers you since you had a post up about it first. :rollseyes:

Nice spin....and that's all it really is.

Both our posts were about the HoF class. I posted before you and rather than admit you were wrong, you spin a cover story so you wont have to say, "I'm sorry" and actually blame ME for pointing out that you double posted.

I'm glad your guy made the hall - you still double posted.

The proper etiquette thing to do is apologize. I've done it and so have many others here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. He was 5th all time when he retired and just a few yards behind Curtis Martin - who's already in. I don't get why Jerome wasn't selected.

Yes but Martin did it in 2 less years and had more years where he was near the top or at the top for his position. The closest Bettis ever came was 3rd in 1997. He just never had the defining season that just showed he was head and shoulders above the rest at his position. Now there is something to be said for the longevity of his career but I guess to me that means less than just dominating at your position even just a few years.

Now having said that I do think Bettis eventually gets in and rightfully so. I just don't think he is a first ballot HOF type player.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice spin....and that's all it really is.

Both our posts were about the HoF class. I posted before you and rather than admit you were wrong, you spin a cover story so you wont have to say, "I'm sorry" and actually blame ME for pointing out that you double posted.

I'm glad your guy made the hall - you still double posted.

The proper etiquette thing to do is apologize. I've done it and so have many others here.

Holy fuck you are crazy. You are now going to go off on another 20 fucking posts because someone else dared to make the same post as you. Seriously, get over yourself. Apologize? I mean really? It's not like I did anything wrong. Double threads happen. It doesn't require someone to be 'wrong' for it to happen. Spin? It's spin to want to give a shout out to one of OUR hall of famers? :tsk:

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but Martin did it in 2 less years and had more years where he was near the top or at the top for his position. The closest Bettis ever came was 3rd in 1997. He just never had the defining season that just showed he was head and shoulders above the rest at his position. Now there is something to be said for the longevity of his career but I guess to me that means less than just dominating at your position even just a few years.

Now having said that I do think Bettis eventually gets in and rightfully so. I just don't think he is a first ballot HOF type player.

This wasn't his first ballot, he retired at the end of the 2005 season. I agree he's not first ballot.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy fuck you are crazy. You are now going to go off on another 20 fucking posts because someone else dared to make the same post as you. Seriously, get over yourself. Apologize? I mean really? It's not like I did anything wrong. Double threads happen. It doesn't require someone to be 'wrong' for it to happen. Spin? It's spin to want to give a shout out to one of OUR hall of famers? :tsk:

Wizard, you were wrong. You double posted. Yes, it DOES happen. A lot of people here have done it - including me. And when I have, I apologize for doing so.