• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HOCKEY MAFIA ALERT

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to centers, size isn't everything, eh. Henri was pretty damn good. Hardly any centers hit. The draw, checking ability, puck distribution, and scoring touch would be the top four criteria (in that order) - how they rank in them generally determines 1st - 4th.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Derek Stepan is what passes for a first line centre in the east, I should feel way more confident about Tyler Bozak than I do.

Stepan and the Rangers dispatched both Crosby and Giroux in their run to the
Cup.

Fuck the fantasy stats and give me another run like that this year.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stepan and the Rangers dispatched both Crosby and Giroux in their run to the
Cup.

Fuck the fantasy stats and give me another run like that this year.

Hank's .940 sv% in the PIT series probably had a lot more to do with that than Stepan or any other Rangers skater.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he contributed to the team, right? I know we didn't score any goals to win.

If you're asking me if I was remarkably impressed by the Rangers' Cup run, the answer is no in the same vein I was unimpressed when Jersey got there in 2012. They rode goaltending and took advantage of a very weak conference. I don't fault them for it, I am infinitely jealous of it, but nothing about those particular teams made me think any more of the team itself or the players who constitute the team.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're asking me if I was remarkably impressed by the Rangers' Cup run, the answer is no in the same vein I was unimpressed when Jersey got there in 2012. They rode goaltending and took advantage of a very weak conference. I don't fault them for it, I am infinitely jealous of it, but nothing about those particular teams made me think any more of the team itself or the players who constitute the team.

Let us not ignore the elephant in the room though - the Nat Ho League will move heaven and earth to get teams from the #s 1, 2, 3, 4 population centers into the semi-final and final series - none too subtly, and with only minor departures.

Burghfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let us not ignore the elephant in the room though - the Nat Ho League will move heaven and earth to get teams from the #s 1, 2, 3, 4 population centers into the semi-final and final series - none too subtly, and with only minor departures.

Like 2008 and 2009 when Pittsburgh and Detroit were in the finals both years.

Oldtom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like 2008 and 2009 when Pittsburgh and Detroit were in the finals both years.

A slightly deeper analysis might be in order though, eh. De-trite really isn't all that much of an out-lyar. The Caca-lina Furrycanes, Barf-alone Sobbers, and The Dead-mounting SOilers definitely are. The preponderance is downright overwhelming, however. Another statistical oddity would definitely be the paucity of the last two round appearances of the northern quarter of the League's franchises.

Abe Vigoda

Formerly NYR
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who cares if you are impressed. They got there is all that matters?
The how's, the why's is all moot.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if you are impressed. They got there is all that matters?
The how's, the why's is all moot.

It matters, my dear friend, because your point that Stepan took a team to the Final and dispatched Crosby and Giroux on the way is meaningless when he merely rode Henrik's rainbow into the pot of gold.

I mean, I'd like to have Stepan on my team, but like Bozak i'd prefer him on a second line.