• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hockey gods

TimKerrRules#12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
2 games in a row now and the winning goal goes off a players skate. Wtf, its just not meant to be right now, better now than in the playoffs... Sky is not falling fellas.

I fully expect a win on Sunday, fucking better be.

1-4-3 at home in the month of march, time to protect there house Flyers.

Lets Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going Sunday.

I am on a 3 loss streak.

That is my longest streak of losses. Ever.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok kerr...good point...not getting lite up...lol...always know what to say to keep me from going off the deep end...lol
Losing_My_Mind_Wallpaper_bhpki.jpg

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should decline every power play and every home game.

LOL!!

shrike19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have players driving to the net and/or setting up screens goals tend to go in off skates and bodies. The flyers haven't been putting people in front of the net or driving to the net to get those kinds of goals. So many people complain about the "lucky goals" that go in off of skates and bodies but those type of goals are scored on a nightly basis. Put the puck on net, have people in front of the net....it will increase your chance of scoring. How many "lucky" goals have flyer teams in the past scored when they had big bodies in front of the net, goals off of tim kerr's body/skates, goals off of knuble etc....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have players driving to the net and/or setting up screens goals tend to go in off skates and bodies. The flyers haven't been putting people in front of the net or driving to the net to get those kinds of goals. So many people complain about the "lucky goals" that go in off of skates and bodies but those type of goals are scored on a nightly basis. Put the puck on net, have people in front of the net....it will increase your chance of scoring. How many "lucky" goals have flyer teams in the past scored when they had big bodies in front of the net, goals off of tim kerr's body/skates, goals off of knuble etc....

this here is a great first post.

:welcome:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going Sunday.

I am on a 3 loss streak.

That is my longest streak of losses. Ever.

The streak has to end sometime, right??

Might as well be tomorrow.

GO FLYERS!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to the SportsHoopla bro! Glad you got our invite man. ;)

As to your post -- I kind of touched on this myself. The problems with this style is that we really don't have multiple big bodies to interchange on the PP. We have that asshole ********* (#19) and that's it. Everyone else is too small to stay entrenched in front of the goalie to get those sweet chip ins. All of our guys hang at the perimeter and wait for it to drop before they pounce. I say we try being less creative and just keep firing the fucking puck from every angle and see what happens.

shrike19

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks for the invite, glad to be aboard (see how often I find the time to drop in).

I know what you're saying about smallish guys going to the net, but when guys like elias and even st. louis crash the net at times it makes me wonder about some of our guys. On occassion briere isn't afraid to take a shot in front, but I don't think we'd want him spending too much time there. I was hoping carcillo would be the kind of player to take his lumps in front, but that hasn't occurred. At times (ok..most of the time) I just think this team isn't willing to do the dirty work required. I see too many passes when there should be shots (and rebounds), blind passes to the other team...sometimes it's like watching the escapades, it's been very frustrating. If expectations were different I wouldn't be as pissed.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Pronger, no one else seems to want to blast it from the point. Always looking for the perfect pass. Blast away and crash the net = dirty goals (Like we been getting killed with lately). Meszaros and Coburn seem to have big shots (except Coburn too many time has Carter syndrome and misses the net) and Jvr can play back there also.

Automattic

I'm baaaaaaack....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Take it from a Detroit fan, those kind of goals go a long way. It's nice to have size in front (Holmstrom, Franzen) but guys like Danny Cleary can get the job done too. Our hardest workers are usually the ones camped out in front. Even on defense as they have the furthest to get back on D.

I'd also like to add that we don't have many cannons on the blueline either. Shots don't always come hard, but they are perfectly placed.

Sorry if I come across as a bragger, but this is one area of Detroits game that amazes me constantly. It starts with Lidstrom and Holmstrom, but it has become contagious over the years.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we know Matt. Camping a big body in front of the net has been a staple of every Flyers team for decades......except for now. That's whats so frustrating at times. The lack of big bodies to cash in on the garbage.

Sure, we have snipers galore, but it would be nice to have a couple of guys rotating out front to fuck shit up.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The streak has to end sometime, right??

Might as well be tomorrow.

GO FLYERS!!!

Let's hope so. I am already falling into a mini depression.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh we know Matt. Camping a big body in front of the net has been a staple of every Flyers team for decades......except for now. That's whats so frustrating at times. The lack of big bodies to cash in on the garbage.

Sure, we have snipers galore, but it would be nice to have a couple of guys rotating out front to fuck shit up.

I'm wondering if they don't have the guy already, but he's just injured. Didn't Pronger set up shop in front of the net on power plays last playoffs? Aside from him, we also have Hartnell, and JVR should be less fancy and more smashy in that regard. Emphasis on should, of course, because it hasn't happened yet. Shelley could, too, I guess, but that brings to mind two thoughts: one, we would have to play Shelley on the power play. Two, why the %@^$ would we be playing Shelley on the power play?!?!

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if they don't have the guy already, but he's just injured. Didn't Pronger set up shop in front of the net on power plays last playoffs? Aside from him, we also have Hartnell, and JVR should be less fancy and more smashy in that regard. Emphasis on should, of course, because it hasn't happened yet. Shelley could, too, I guess, but that brings to mind two thoughts: one, we would have to play Shelley on the power play. Two, why the %@^$ would we be playing Shelley on the power play?!?!

2 points.

Pronger does play the front of the net, but only in emergency situations that require his presence, like last year battling Chara in front, or when the opposing team only has 3 defenders, either in OT (like the infamous Calgary game) or during 5-on-3. Other than that, he is at the point, killing the penalty for the other team quite well.

Shelley can play the front of the net, and he can deflect pucks home. In game 82 last year, he was the guy who scored the only Rag goal because of a deflection in front, and he scored the game before from a bounce that left him all alone in front. If nothing else, he wouldn't be afraid to go there and get work done, which is more than can be said for a lot of the guys on this team.