• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Historically great at.........

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys all were assuming I was gonna post Defense right??? Well thats true too, but I just heard on this piece
that Seattles rush offense YPC is historic, they mentioned only 2 teams ever with a better yard per carry average.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football Outsiders said:
Perhaps you've heard, Seattle is very, very good at running the football. They finished the season with the fifth-best rushing DVOA we've ever measured. Marshawn Lynch led all running backs in rushing DVOA and was second in rushing DYAR, and Russell Wilson set a new record for quarterbacks with 284 rushing DYAR. And while those two players certainly deserve the lion's share of the credit for Seattle's rushing success, they weren't the only weapons on the team. When any player other than Wilson or Lynch carried the ball for the Seahawks, the team's rushing DVOA was 12.3%. That is much worse than their full-season mark of 29.9% -- but it would still have left them as the best rushing offense in the league. . .

I do think we take the team's amazing rushing success for granted. It's the motor that makes the offense run, and it's a helluva motor. Wilson may be the most efficient and impactful rushing QB since the single wing era.