• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

his running is just the gravy

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Andrew Luck vs. Colin Kaepernick: Which young QB is superior? - NFL.com

this article backs up Kap as a good passer, how much of it is due to a GOOD team, is anybody's speculation? no doubt Luck was on a lesser team and has a little slack.

anyway, we 49er fans already know Kap is a passer, so whats encouraging here are intangibles such as leadership and clutchness.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
It says Kaep & Luck are even in arm talent? I love Luck's play, but that's ridiculous. Kaep probably has ths strongest arm in the NFL.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I would give the nod to CK in clutch factor as well.

The Patriots game and his run through the playoffs were all pretty clutch on his part.

That's not a knock on Luck because CK was in a better position to showcase being clutch but it doesn't change the fact that CK was a little more clutch than Luck last season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It says Kaep & Luck are even in arm talent? I love Luck's play, but that's ridiculous. Kaep probably has ths strongest arm in the NFL.

yep, Kap probably does have the strongest arm in the NFL. but the writer is lumping in more than just zip...

Luck is a gifted passer with every tool in the bag. He displays outstanding arm strength and can make every throw with exceptional zip and velocity. He can also throw with touch to all areas of the field. Whether he's tossing soft screen passes or teardrops down the sideline, Luck understands how to change speed and trajectory on his passes to hit receivers in rhythm. For a young quarterback with only one year of pro experience, Luck clearly boasts advanced passing skills and superb arm talent.

Another area in which Luck shines as a passer: accuracy/ball placement. Now, some will take umbrage with that assessment, based on his modest completion percentage (54.1), but my judgment is based off of what I've seen: Luck routinely makes pinpoint throws into small windows at varying distances. Playing with a cast of mostly young and inexperienced pass-catchers, Luck rarely enjoyed the benefit of throwing to a target with significant separation from the defender last season. This forced him to become extremely precise with his ball placement.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read this article, glad he recognized Kaepernick's ability to manage a game, I always thought that was sort of the unsung part of him, everyone was talking about his rifle arm and legs, but Harbaugh's offense requires a lot of pre snap reads, and Jonathan Goodwin said after the Atlanta game that Kaep had them in the right play every time.