• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hilarious stuff on KC sports radio

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is going to the game - post us some photos of little kid Chief fans crying after the game.

I feel like a bad man - after that line, but went with it anyway. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I turned down tickets to the game. Just wasn't really feeling Arrowhead.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local radio has always been a bit loony here when it comes to football, at least I think so. They're definitely good for a laugh or two- thin skinned bunch. Heck, the baseball guys make those guys look reasonable.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have NFL Network on the crew seems to think the Broncos are going to experience a blood letting tonight. And I NEVER chalk up an automatic win in KC even if the Chiefs suck. So they have a legitimate shot in this one. And I agree with the comments about how bad the fans want this one. If they can't overcome the Broncos with the boiling point the fans and circumstances surrounding this game the Chiefs fan base is going to be decimated. If the Chiefs win it, so be it. The Broncos will get another crack at them later and in Denver. A loss is a lot more devastating to the Chiefs than the Broncos.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things I've noticed in regards to the mid west is they have strong family values, work their butts off and are generally decent folk......except when it comes to football especially college, that goes out the door because that's pretty much all they got there ( basketball too ) too get excited about in life. Would do a lot of them some good to go ocean fishing in So.Cal just once and smell the roses instead of corn,barley and spuds. Would do them wonders. JK ish ;)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of me wants to download the podcasts tomorrow of some of the Chiefs radio stations just to listen to what they have to say! I've thought about tweeting some of the Chiefs writers that I interact with that can be pretty cocky sometimes but I figured I would let them just melt down on their own. Big win and I have to be honest we are a bit lucky to escape with a win in this one. That has to happen sometimes though when you are on the road with only 3 days of prep. So glad the guys get a little break here to recover from two very physical games before the Detroit game.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what I imagine them saying - they say the Broncos played dirty and got lucky. Yeah - all that without Manning even deflating one football.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what I imagine them saying - they say the Broncos played dirty and got lucky. Yeah - all that without Manning even deflating one football.

So far it's been a mix of Broncos are dirty, we beat ourselves, and Andy Reid sucks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agib Talib has more TDs receiving from KC QBs than the entire WR group for the Chiefs going back 19 games.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Von Miller tweets @tkelce fake Gronk headass

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say - Marcus Peters really impressed me last night - as did both KC TEs.

Eric Berry was very good, but not as disruptive as before his treatment - I wonder if he will come all the way back to his former self.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things I've noticed in regards to the mid west is they have strong family values, work their butts off and are generally decent folk......except when it comes to football especially college, that goes out the door because that's pretty much all they got there ( basketball too ) too get excited about in life. Would do a lot of them some good to go ocean fishing in So.Cal just once and smell the roses instead of corn,barley and spuds. Would do them wonders. JK ish ;)

1) We get excited about the corn yields too.

2) We don't grow many spuds here. Corn, soy, and hay.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, Chiefs outplayed Denver . Still had the lead with 46 seconds to go after 5 turnovers.
Not sure if the game will have a negative overall effect on KC but they are a very good team with a QB that can't take them anywhere. SD has the best QB in the division.

Now I wonder if this feels more like 2012 or 2005. 2005 was a great reg season but was smoke and mirrors all season long. 2012 might have been the best shot for the Manning era in Denver. Can't figure out yet what Denver is. 6 games should give us a true identity for the team

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say - Marcus Peters really impressed me last night - as did both KC TEs.

Eric Berry was very good, but not as disruptive as before his treatment - I wonder if he will come all the way back to his former self.

Yeah Peters reminds me of Dale Carter in college and NFL. Great CB, great athlete. Plays the ball well. Good cover skills just a major knuckle head. If he matures he will be fantastic. Top 5 NFL CB in which we will be annoyed with for a decade or so.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, Chiefs outplayed Denver . Still had the lead with 46 seconds to go after 5 turnovers.
Not sure if the game will have a negative overall effect on KC but they are a very good team with a QB that can't take them anywhere. SD has the best QB in the division.

Now I wonder if this feels more like 2012 or 2005. 2005 was a great reg season but was smoke and mirrors all season long. 2012 might have been the best shot for the Manning era in Denver. Can't figure out yet what Denver is. 6 games should give us a true identity for the team

That's not accurate. The Chiefs did have the lead with with 46 seconds left but it was with 4 turnovers. The 5th didn't happen until the game was tied.

Besides that, I don't agree that the Chiefs outplayed us. Yards were about even, as were first downs. We forced 5 turnovers and scored on one, they forced one and scored on it. We didn't allow a single third down conversion.

The Broncos simply made more plays in the game, and that's why they won.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with B6482- No 3rd down conversions and the turnovers - no team should win a game with that. If Charles didn't crank a long run - the Chiefs couldn't move the ball.

Yes - the Broncos had 5 takeaways - but they must have had many more 15 yard penalties - I'd say they had at least 6 of those during the game.

I thought the 15 yarder on the Bruton for launching himself for the extra point -was way out of portion to the offense - and it was at critical time during the game.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not accurate. The Chiefs did have the lead with with 46 seconds left but it was with 4 turnovers. The 5th didn't happen until the game was tied.

Besides that, I don't agree that the Chiefs outplayed us. Yards were about even, as were first downs. We forced 5 turnovers and scored on one, they forced one and scored on it. We didn't allow a single third down conversion.

The Broncos simply made more plays in the game, and that's why they won.
Yeah I agree Chiefs didn't outplayed Denver.Check the one scoring drive was aided by 30 yds of penalties and I believe at least one was on 3rd down. It was a great game and both teams should feel pretty good where their at. Except maybe Smith. He sucks. :)

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Chiefs outplayed the Broncos at all. When you commit 5 turnovers, you've been outplayed. And here's the thing: the defense forced those turnovers. Ripping the ball out of JC's arms twice (which is something they scouted, so it was deliberate) picking Smith because someone got an arm on him as he threw. Picking Smith on a head's up and athletic play by Talib. These are examples of the Broncos outplaying the Chiefs. If the Chiefs had outplayed the Broncos, those turnovers don't happen.

The Chiefs are a good enough team to beat anyone, but I suspect Reid is going to cost them another couple win again with his playcalling and clock management. The coaching is part of the game, and Reid as a part of the Chiefs team made some calls that resulted in a better team being able to exploit his unit. Leadership matters. I pegged the Chiefs as a playoff team and I still like their chances. But if they go 9-7 and miss out, Reid will be a big part of why.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers are a better team than the Chiefs this season - still.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was over at AP reading earlier and the word "Dirty" seemed to be their favorite word to throw around about the Broncos. Which I guess I can understand a little in if those Late hits or low hits were happening to our guys we would be upset as well but that is what you get when you want a defense like what we have in they will play with an edge and sometimes cross over that.

Now to me I agree with many of the others in I don't think the Broncos got outplayed in this one. Those personal fouls directly resulted in the Chiefs having 7 points. They obviously scored off the interception so that is another 7 points. Essentially without dumb mistakes like that the Broncos only gave up 10 points. So then when you throw in their mistakes that gave us points I think it does even out in this of both sides making some dumb mistakes.

I would also like to point out this was a Thursday game on the road so our team was at a huge disadvantage going into this one but we saw some major fight in this team that just hasn't been there in the past. I think one of the ways you can see some of this is that of the fumble recoveries this year. Now with the football being such an odd shaped ball it does make it difficult to recover so usually there is some luck but the thing for us is we have guys flying all over the field and it seems like almost every tackle has 5 Bronco players barreling down on the player so if they were to fumble we have the bodies present to make a play. Also good on the team to do some scouting and see that Charles is one that runs with the ball loose and working to punch that ball out. That is just great game planning trying to make a great play.