• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hilarious stuff on KC sports radio

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm driving home from work last night, and I put on one of the local sports talk stations. The host, Kevin Keitzman, had the Chiefs radio play by play guy (Mitch Holthus) on to talk about the game tonight. Holthus tells this story about this event that took place in Texas to honor Jamaal Charles (or something like that, I missed the beginning so some of those details might be a little fuzzy), and Wade Philips was there because he's from the area.

Anyway, I guess they showed a bunch of Chiefs highlights as part of the evening, and when Wade got up to speak, he said, "That was a great highlight package, but I couldn't help but notice that most of the highlights were in black and white."

Well, apparently this really got under Holthus' skin, so much that he wanted to get back up and say something to Wade, but he didn't get the chance. But he mentioned how it was just burning him up and he couldn't wait to see the Chiefs make Wade pay for that comment.

Then Keitzman goes on this crazy rant about the Broncos. He talked about how much he hates them, and how he wants them to lose more than he wants the Chiefs to win. Their station is having a "Bronco Buster" tailgate before the game, and they're giving out shirts that make fun of "Elway's buck teeth and Manning's huge forehead." He talked about how much he HATES John Elway, how he hates what Elway is doing with the Broncos (I guess winning the division every year means Elway is doing a bad job :noidea:), and how "getting the band back together" (meaning hiring Kubiak and Philips) is going to "blow up in his face." He ended it by saying that he can't wait to see the Chiefs just destroy the Broncos.

The Broncos are so far into Chiefs' fans heads that we should be paying rent. It's insane. You guys have no idea how huge this game is to them, I've honestly never seen anything like it since I've lived here. If we can pull off the win tonight, this fandom will be CRUSHED. I've even heard some people say things like winning alone isn't good enough, they have to destroy the Broncos. They are really expecting a game similar to the one they had against the Patriots last year. I think anything less than that will be a disappointment to them.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like they are more focused on us then themselves. :)

Gotta love KC!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what, I would not want to be anywhere in Missouri wearing my Broncos cap if KC were to lose to Denver tonite. They don't just want a win,they want a slaughter. All the recent yrs of futility vs Broncos have these fans on the edge of insanity for a blowout victory. This is no doubt the biggest game for them this whole yr and if Denver were to come out of there with a win would be devastating to those fans. This is their best shot to beat them and they know it. With Denver's offense searching to find their identity,the timing has never been better for them to get the monkey off their back since the Manning/Smith/Reid era.For us Broncos fans,yes we really want a win but it won't crush us like it will KC fans if they lose this gm with so much in their favor. Odds are Denver doesn't come out this one with a win but if they do?.....Holy Shit Batman! I do not want to be anywhere near there. :)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what not going out tonight with your broncos gear on ??????????? oh come on man ...:dhd:

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me....I want the Broncos to win tonight but I realize that the cards may be stacked against us. My initial reaction to the schedule release was that tonight's game would be a Broncos loss. HOWEVER, it's pretty amusing how important this is to the Chiefs fans. I think it will be a good game and I wouldn't be shocked to see our team pull out the win but I'm really leaning toward KC finally getting the job done. Hey, Chiefs fans are lucky. They get to see the Superbowl in week 2! I think the Broncos have the better opportunity to be IN the Superbowl four months from now, regardless the outcome of this game.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point I still think we kick their ass .. Opie seems to have their number .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what not going out tonight with your broncos gear on ??????????? oh come on man ...:dhd:
Not in KC! I actually wear one of my Broncos hats every day for prob last 5 yrs with this one and it certainly shows:)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People In Mo are great ..nice people but they are pretty hungry for the blood we have in the water ....I say they might be biting a Battle Ship all the same and will be going what the hell just hit us all the same !

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me....I want the Broncos to win tonight but I realize that the cards may be stacked against us. My initial reaction to the schedule release was that tonight's game would be a Broncos loss. HOWEVER, it's pretty amusing how important this is to the Chiefs fans. I think it will be a good game and I wouldn't be shocked to see our team pull out the win but I'm really leaning toward KC finally getting the job done. Hey, Chiefs fans are lucky. They get to see the Superbowl in week 2! I think the Broncos have the better opportunity to be IN the Superbowl four months from now, regardless the outcome of this game.

100% my thoughts.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning wants all the records he can get ...tonight he is going to set another !

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People In Mo are great ..nice people but they are pretty hungry for the blood we have in the water ....I say they might be biting a Battle Ship all the same and will be going what the hell just hit us all the same !

Really? Because I would disagree while going to Arrowhead. Minnesota and Kansas City fans are the worst.

That and I don't think either has the most intelligent fan base you will find in the NFL.

Not knocking anyone here because I don't see any issue with Chiefs fans here, but I have had many bad experiences in witnessing Chiefs fans. When I was a kid I use to go with my dad to Arrowhead every year to a game, and this wasn't a Broncos vs Chiefs thing because I never attended a Broncos game in Arrowhead.

As you get closer to St. Louis Cardinals country things are ok though.. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College wise. Nebraska and Michigan State.

I would actually say Iowa fans are pretty bad too. Being an Iowa fan (and Florida) I will be the first to admit that Iowa fans are pretty annoying. I can't stand half of them and I am part of their fanbase.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 % in a huge stadium sure would make me Leary for sure ... Raiders fans are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy worse IMO the 98 % are worth being leary off ..them people look nuts

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know DC I have always been a fan Iowa football team since I was a young ..lol not even sure why just liked them ...

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell you what, I would not want to be anywhere in Missouri wearing my Broncos cap if KC were to lose to Denver tonite

Chiefs fans are pretty neutered once the chiefs lose. It is when the win that it sucks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What good is Missouri except as a place to buy beer when you find yourself living in Arkansas and it's Sunday?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Because I would disagree while going to Arrowhead. Minnesota and Kansas City fans are the worst.

That and I don't think either has the most intelligent fan base you will find in the NFL.

Not knocking anyone here because I don't see any issue with Chiefs fans here, but I have had many bad experiences in witnessing Chiefs fans. When I was a kid I use to go with my dad to Arrowhead every year to a game, and this wasn't a Broncos vs Chiefs thing because I never attended a Broncos game in Arrowhead.

As you get closer to St. Louis Cardinals country things are ok though.. ;)

No mention of the Rams or the Arizona Cardinals?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What good is Missouri except as a place to buy beer when you find yourself living in Arkansas and it's Sunday?

Yes I live in a dry County ....glad also ... hate buying gas and having a isle of beer to navigate to pay for it .. I like that most of all over Idaho . beer is 20 miles away when I get low ..Works really well .. my eyes like that ....

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know DC I have always been a fan Iowa football team since I was a young ..lol not even sure why just liked them ...

You bumped up my list today. ;)

I think the one thing people can honestly appreciate about Iowa is the amount of players they get to the NFL, and the developing they do from walk ones and very little recruited guys. Their strength and conditioning is 2nd to none. They haven't been the same team the last 3 years but you can appreciate a program like Iowa.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to many Broncos/Chiefs games in Arrowhead over the years, and I have to say for the most part Chiefs fans are good natured. They'll talk trash, but it's mostly in fun. I don't let the one or two idiots spoil it for me, I just ignore them.

They are DYING to win this game, though.