• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hightower has surgery, not coming back: Call Ninkovich?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting...

local radio guy has some "connections" to some coaching personnel in the NFL. He got an email from "an offensive coach that played the patriots this year".

he said something to the effect of "hightower was not 100% when we played them, and he wasnt much of a factgor. what that team REALLY misses is rob ninkovich's versatility. hes a play maker, and does a lot like get guys in position, etc. the team may miss him more than hightower"

by matter of deduction its believed the team in question is houston, where the pats couldnt line up if it was drawn on the field.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently hes in nfl shape, and isnt "just working out"...hes keeping himself in shape just in case. THIS is just in case IMO. they need him.

if they bring him back on a prorated deal worth his time, he could step in vs denver.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Criquey Rock, I suggested a Ninkovich return earlier this season and you pooh poohed me.

I'll admit the situation is now different but still...

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Criquey Rock, I suggested a Ninkovich return earlier this season and you pooh poohed me.

I'll admit the situation is now different but still...
yup. earlier this season. you think he wanted camp and a full season? i dont.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhh, that was october...6th.

local radio >>> you
Local talk is speculation, they are talking about the Browns bringing in Peyton manning for OC here. Not gonna happen.

October 6 is only 3 weeks ago. Doubt he has changed his mind but we will see

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you say we go and pick Nick up and bring him to the Razor?
It may take a lot of us and some will get hurt but it's for the team.
Mount up!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local talk is speculation, they are talking about the Browns bringing in Peyton manning for OC here. Not gonna happen.

October 6 is only 3 weeks ago. Doubt he has changed his mind but we will see
this is the stuff i heard:

Will Patriots Call Rob Ninkovich After Losing Dont'a Hightower?

The MMQB’s Albert Breer joined Toucher & Rich on Thursday morning to react to the news, and he was asked if it would be crazy to believe the Patriots might make a call to Ninkovich, who abruptly retired during the summer.

“No, it’s not crazy,” Breer said. “We keep peppering with that question on our [television] pregame show. I will say that, I’ll give [Michael] Felger credit. Every single week he asks that question of Rob, and every single week Rob says, ‘I’m all good, I’m all done, I don’t want to play.’

“I will say that it looks like he could still play,” Breer continued. “I do know in these situations that money talks. So if they want to put a nice chunk of money in front of Rob Ninkovich and make it hard for him to say no, that might be different. I certainly would make that call. I know, having talked to some offensive coaches who have coached against the Patriots this year, that there’s a feeling that they do miss Rob Ninkovich’s versatility out there. And when you talk about what they’re going to lose in Hightower, a guy who can play multiple spots, that’s absolutely part of who Rob Ninkovich was in all of his time there.

“So if I’m the Patriots, I absolutely pick up the phone and make that call. I think the question is how much does it take for it to be worth Rob’s while to come out of retirement.”

Fred Toucher needled Breer a little bit, saying that Breer “knows” that Ninkovich wants to play.

“I’m just telling you what he told us on the record,” Breer said. “But I also know that there’s probably a point financially where you might be able to entice anyone to come back and play nine games.”

Rich Shertenlieb said that he’s heard that Ninkovich has been working out and keeping himself in shape as if he’s going to play, and then he took to Twitter to ask the man directly.

Ninkovich has yet to tweet his intentions.

If Ninkovich isn’t available, what might the Patriots do?

“I think you can look at the sort of player they’ve brought in at the trade deadline the last few years, and [Kyle] Van Noy was one of those guys,” Breer said. “I could certainly see them picking up a couple of mid-level pieces. … I would think that there’d be at least an effort out there made by the Patriots to go and add a couple of bodies. … I would think there would be some sort of effort to go out there and add some depth so you can at least attack the problem that way.”

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock displaying once again just how little he knows about sports. Keep it bro. It's very amusing to watch! :thumb:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love him to come back but that aint happening

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love him to come back but that aint happening
oh i doubt it too...all i said was do they call him? albert breer knows his shit.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock displaying once again just how little he knows about sports. Keep it bro. It's very amusing to watch! :thumb:
"jay cutlers awesome"

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i doubt it too...all i said was do they call him? albert breer knows his shit.

They probably will pick up the phone or at least think about it but that's all that will happen

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I learned from this thread: Canadians don't know how to spell Australian terms.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I learned from this thread: Canadians don't know how to spell Australian terms.

Obviously you have me confused with somebody who gives a flying fuck.... For the record, I like my spelling better.

While you're punching the clock at church tomorrow I'll be doubling down on a full day of NFL and squeezing in some F1.

You get 1 point for recognizing it as an Aussie term though.