• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hi West Coast People! Flyers@Sharks GNT

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly going off of clips people have shown me. I passed out around 10ET and magically woke up with 0:47 seconds left in the game. 46 seconds of excitement only to go to sleep again totally pissed off.

I did not yet see Rinaldo's hit but heard no talk of it. I'm not going to bitch too much about the Vlasic hit, but no penalty??

Rinaldo and Vlasic deserved penalties. The refs missed a myriad of other penalties as well. They were letting them play last night.

Not saying I 100% agree with it, but the ref and Vlasic (said the ref agreed with him) explained the situation like this:

Both Vlasic and Briere were going for the puck. Briere realized he was going to get there first so he turned his back a little and tried to stop. Vlasic just kept trucking on through. Vlasic basically said that Briere put himself into a vulnerable position.

I still thought it should have been a penalty though.....along with a lot of other non-calls on both sides.

Regardless, good game Philly fans.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine with this loss, just wish we got 2 points for it.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rinaldo and Vlasic deserved penalties. The refs missed a myriad of other penalties as well. They were letting them play last night.

Not saying I 100% agree with it, but the ref and Vlasic (said the ref agreed with him) explained the situation like this:

Both Vlasic and Briere were going for the puck. Briere realized he was going to get there first so he turned his back a little and tried to stop. Vlasic just kept trucking on through. Vlasic basically said that Briere put himself into a vulnerable position.

I still thought it should have been a penalty though.....along with a lot of other non-calls on both sides.

Regardless, good game Philly fans.

Which everyone who knows me, know I argue against putting oneself in a vulnerable position. I agree briere did. But what Vlasic didn't do was let up. He realize Briere had the brakes on so he just pushed harder, kind of like what Jordan Staal did.

I don't think it's a vicious hit, but definitely a penalty. I've seen much less get suspended this season.

Shame this game was so late for us, I would have liked to see it. I am not one for watching games after the fact.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, Flyers fans are a bunch of wusses. Can't stay up late to watch west coast games, pfft.

For shame. :tsk:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which everyone who knows me, know I argue against putting oneself in a vulnerable position. I agree briere did. But what Vlasic didn't do was let up. He realize Briere had the brakes on so he just pushed harder, kind of like what Jordan Staal did.

I don't think it's a vicious hit, but definitely a penalty. I've seen much less get suspended this season.

Shame this game was so late for us, I would have liked to see it. I am not one for watching games after the fact.

Yeah, it's tough. I know as a forward, I've done that exact same move as Briere, but sometimes the defender is just bigger and stronger. A lot of times I would do that for body position and to soften the blow of the check. Also, if it works, a lot of times you stop the defenders momentum by running into you and then you just do a quick start and then keep the puck moving up the boards while the defender is flat-footed. Sometimes it worked, sometimes I got faceplanted into the boards, lol. It's a good move when it works though.

I also agree it should have been a penalty. Regardless of what Briere did to put himself in a vulnerable position, Vlasic did see the numbers and didn't ease up a bit.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ayy!

I tried but happy hour kicked my ass. Having to wake up for work 4 hours after a game ends isn't fun either.

You're still a wuss. Wings play on the west coast twice as much and I don't think I've missed one west coast game, and I have to at work at 6 am everyday.

:hockeysmile:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stayed up, Eastern Standard Time. :)

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're still a wuss. Wings play on the west coast twice as much and I don't think I've missed one west coast game, and I have to at work at 6 am everyday.

:hockeysmile:

Yea well Detroit isn't on the east coast. Thats SIXTY WHOLE MINUTES more we would have to stay up for. Like I said, I am a old 24 year old. At this age it is impossible for people to stay up that late. You youngins have it lucky.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea well Detroit isn't on the east coast. Thats SIXTY WHOLE MINUTES more we would have to stay up for. Like I said, I am a old 24 year old. At this age it is impossible for people to stay up that late. You youngins have it lucky.

unfortunately, i gotta back higgy here phaith.. detroit is EST too...