• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hex fired by Flyers.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake should be a ways away. He isnt the reason the kings blow this season, Much like Steven's wasnt. He has brought in some good youngsters in my oppinion anf even tho I wasnt a fan of signing kovy he was scoring when nobody else was...so that's something. It was really the "core" of this team that was the let down....everyone of them. Most everyone that was on the team more then 2 seasons wasnt really trying it seemed like to me

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake should be a ways away. He isnt the reason the kings blow this season, Much like Steven's wasnt. He has brought in some good youngsters in my oppinion anf even tho I wasnt a fan of signing kovy he was scoring when nobody else was...so that's something. It was really the "core" of this team that was the let down....everyone of them. Most everyone that was on the team more then 2 seasons wasnt really trying it seemed like to me

I agree. While I am no fan of Blake overall, I think he will get a leash for a few reasons:
- he inherited quite a mess from Dumbo and this was known and public going into the job
- he did not deplete an already depleted farm system
- he did not move any high picks for win now trades
- he is replenishing the farm system through mostly collegiate FA signings instead of paying assets for depth
- his moves have been lateral (Cammalleri/Jokinen, Phaneuf/Gaborik, Hagelin/Pearson), low risk/high reward deals while getting trading partners to retain salary. These moves aren't making or breaking the team but could lead to a revival

The firing of Stevens showed it wasn't him, and the hiring of Slick Willie is showing it isn't him either. There is a malaise in the belly of this core, it simply has run its course.

There are some guys who have been here long term that have to be moved.