• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hester the next Bears HOFer?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hester definitely should be in....He dominated a position unlike any other player ever.....Whether zits special teams or not,he should be in....

Kreutz was good,but I just don't remember him being so great that I said to myself,"hes hof worthy".....I just don't remember that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hester definitely should be in....He dominated a position unlike any other player ever.....Whether zits special teams or not,he should be in....

Kreutz was good,but I just don't remember him being so great that I said to myself,"hes hof worthy".....I just don't remember that.

Kreutz should get in....eventually. No fucking way a first ballot. His most notable play, was a locker room punch.

Honestly, there should be a whole set-aside, special room, in the HOF for Hester.

I'm not sure people even GET how special that retarded fuck was.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump

How in thee world did Hester not get rookie of the year??

Vince Young!? :L

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and who the hell is talking about Vince Young today?

Seriously, I honestly think it deserves consideration for the greatest NFL snub of all time.

What's fucking crazy about it, is everyone KNEW what he was doing was unprecedented and history in the making. They KNEW it, AT THE TIME it was happening. Announcers openly saying as it's happening, that this dude is obliterating what you thought you knew, and they still just give to some shitty QB.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hester never touched the ball once on offense.

There is an Offensive ROY and Defensive ROY.

Take your logic and reason elsewhere, goddamnit.

Just like he's gonna break into the HOF, he should've broke that mold as well.

No rookie had a bigger impact. Hell, not many PLAYERS period, have had a bigger impact/imprint on the league.

Dude was extraordinary.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your logic and reason elsewhere, goddamnit.

Just like he's gonna break into the HOF, he should've broke that mold as well.

No rookie had a bigger impact. Hell, not many PLAYERS period, have had a bigger impact/imprint on the league.

Dude was extraordinary.
IMG_6956.GIF

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new kickoff rules, probable that no other player will ever be the next "Devin Hester." Kinda sad tbh.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kreutz should get in....eventually. No fucking way a first ballot. His most notable play, was a locker room punch.

It was at a shooting range... and more notably. He punched Fred Miller, who then hit Kruetz over the head with a dumbbell. lol

Crazy fucks.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the new kickoff rules, probable that no other player will ever be the next "Devin Hester." Kinda sad tbh.

Only 5 of Hester's 20 return TD's came on kick-offs.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll ever see another Hester and I don't think it has anything to do with rule changes.

What he did in his first two seasons was unprecedented, and I don't think it will ever be matched.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we'll ever see another Hester and I don't think it has anything to do with rule changes.

What he did in his first two seasons was unprecedented, and I don't think it will ever be matched.

This, I 100% agree with.

2007 was FUCKING insane. They NEVER kicked it to the guy outside of him picking up a bouncing squib. Nearly every time the opposition decided to, he housed it or had a big run back. I remember just laughing at how crazy it was.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This, I 100% agree with.

2007 was FUCKING insane. They NEVER kicked it to the guy outside of him picking up a bouncing squib. Nearly every time the opposition decided to, he housed it or had a big run back. I remember just laughing at how crazy it was.

ya, it was a special couple of years. Probably my funnest time as a fan.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ya, it was a special couple of years. Probably my funnest time as a fan.

I was at the Denver game in person when he had the punt and kick return. Basically willed the comeback on his own.

We forced OT with two improbable scores in the last 6 minutes or so. One off a blocked punt from Peanut. I am telling you... when we won the toss and Hester lined up to receive that OT kick. The place was going ABSOLUTELY nuts with anticipation. That Soulja Boy "Crank Dat" walk out song he had played and the whole crowd was doing the little dance. Even my middle aged dad who I was with.

They squibbed it, but that wound up giving us field position at the 40 and we easily got into FG range to win it from there. Took just one pass down the middle to Dez Clark from Rex. Robbie knocked it through. We saved our playoff hopes for the time being.

That is such an underrated and forgotten game in Bears history. Mostly because we were a disappointment that year after reaching the Super Bowl.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 5 of Hester's 20 return TD's came on kick-offs.

Who cares?

Devin Hester had 295 kickoff returns to 315 punt returns.

New rules probably cut that first number in half. Especially if Hester's back there...Everyone is booting it out of the back of the endzone these days.

That means you'd take away about 145-150 touches from Hester. The best kick returner of all time having his touches reduced by a 1/4.

It's about giving great players opportunity. Who gives a sh*t where the breakdown lies for touchdowns? What's to say Hester doesn't bust out a 30-40-50-60 yarder here, and there, and there....which I'm sure he would in quite a few of those 145-150 touches.

You DO remember watching Hester right? The guy literally turned Bears games into a different watching experience. I remember dashing through my house like a goddamn cheetah squeezing out sh*ts as fast as I could and hauling ass back just not to miss a kickoff. Kickoffs were a can't miss event. F*ck the touchdown count.

Last edited:

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the Denver game in person when he had the punt and kick return. Basically willed the comeback on his own.

We forced OT with two improbable scores in the last 6 minutes or so. One off a blocked punt from Peanut. I am telling you... when we won the toss and Hester lined up to receive that OT kick. The place was going ABSOLUTELY nuts with anticipation. That Soulja Boy "Crank Dat" walk out song he had played and the whole crowd was doing the little dance. Even my middle aged dad who I was with.

They squibbed it, but that wound up giving us field position at the 40 and we easily got into FG range to win it from there. Took just one pass down the middle to Dez Clark from Rex. Robbie knocked it through. We saved our playoff hopes for the time being.

That is such an underrated and forgotten game in Bears history. Mostly because we were a disappointment that year after reaching the Super Bowl.

I'm jealous of this.

Do I get this? Nah...I get the Miami sh*tbox game in 2018.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares?

Devin Hester had 295 kickoff returns to 315 punt returns.

New rules probably cut that first number in half. Especially if Hester's back there...Everyone is booting it out of the back of the endzone these days.

That means you'd take away about 145-150 touches from Hester. The best kick returner of all time having his touches reduced by a 1/4.

It's about giving great players opportunity. Who gives a sh*t where the breakdown lies for touchdowns? What's to say Hester doesn't bust out a 30-40-50-60 yarder here, and there, and there....which I'm sure he would in quite a few of those 145-150 touches.

You DO remember watching Hester right? The guy literally turned Bears games into a different watching experience. I remember dashing through my house like a goddamn cheetah squeezing out sh*ts as fast as I could and hauling ass back just not to miss a kickoff. Kickoffs were a can't miss event. F*ck the touchdown count.

I think the point here, is that you can still VERY MUCH change the game as a return man through punts. Which is where Hester did most of his damage anyway. Hester was the best punt return man of all-time by a landslide. He was merely in the elite group of GOAT kick returners.

He loses a 1/4 of his touches. Exactly, there's a hit. However, the majority of your opportunity is still there. People act like the kick-off rule changes literally remove a return man from the equation. It's incorrect. An electric one can still change the entire fabric of a game.