• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here's Johnny

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would rather have the problem child from Cleveland who actually has NFL Talent.

#Josh Gordon

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the posts here about trading for him are also "so done"...
But, when the winds blows back the other way I'm afraid I'll start reading about how he'd be a great pickup again...

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to deny Ive been one to endorse Johnny, but We can't pull the trigger on this one. He's just too immature and a head case. In my heart I want to give him a look, by my brain knows better.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to deny Ive been one to endorse Johnny, but We can't pull the trigger on this one. He's just too immature and a head case. In my heart I want to give him a look, by my brain knows better.

Right on Snook. Right on

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last thing this team needs is that headcase which probably means that JJ will be knocking on his door at 12:01AM the day we can sign Free Agents.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last thing this team needs is that headcase which probably means that JJ will be knocking on his door at 12:01AM the day we can sign Free Agents.
Well the good thing is JF isn't a free agent, add o Jerry can't knock at HIS door, bad thing is Haslem has probably already phoned Jerry about a trade.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good thing is JF isn't a free agent, add o Jerry can't knock at HIS door, bad thing is Haslem has probably already phoned Jerry about a trade.

JF will not be a Brown for very long

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on Manziel
Jerry needs to leave the clown car keys at home and the 3 ring circus to Ringling Bros & Barnum and Bailey

Concentrate on a true Backup QB and the Draft and stay out of the bright spotlight

SMH I just hope Jerry can do it

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want him. I think Jerry does. How's that gonna work out....

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is unbelievable to me that Jerry would consider bring him here after what we have seen in year one. But then I say it's classic Jerry, of course he would.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones would take a risk on young QBs currently on other teams

Jerry Jones probably has a terrible poker face. Pretty much since the time Johnny Manzielentered the draft in 2014, Jones has made it known that he really likes the former Heisman Trophy winner.

Thankfully, the Cowboys drafted offensive lineman Zack Martin, even though Jones admitted there was a "big debate" about taking Manziel with the 16th pick. Martin has been a mainstay in Dallas, while Manziel has been a train wreck in Cleveland.

But all train wrecks aren't created the same, especially when you desperately want to win and aren't quite sure how to do it.

It doesn't help that Tony Romo will be 36 years old before next season, and the options behind him includes former undrafted free agent Kellen Moore. Given Jones' fascination with Manziel -- and the endless speculation linking them if (when) the Browns cut ties with the quarterback -- it would surprise exactly no one if they ended up together.

Jones was asked Tuesday about "young backup quarterbacks available this offseason who come with some risk." Presumably, that includes Manziel, who can't seem to stay out of trouble, as well as Robert Griffin III, the second-overall pick in 2012 who lost his job to Kirk Cousins.

"Let's just put it like this: We all would be aware that to bet on Moore for our backup quarterback has elements of risk to it," Jones said on 105.3 The Fan, a CBS Sports Radio station (via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram). "I'm not so sure that that's any riskier than anything you would do with a decision in the future. On the other hand, what would enhance me taking risk is a big, bigger upside. If that upside is there, that ol' risk-reward situation, then yeah. This is as far as we're going to go here now with this, because I don't want to get involved in any type of tampering situation. We'd take some risk."

It's against NFL rules for Jones to talk in specifics about players on other teams. But TheMMQB.com's Peter King reported on Sunday that Manziel wanted "to go to Dallas," and Jones' thoughts on the quarterback are well known.

jerry-jones-manziel-mention.jpg
Jerry Jones has never hidden the fact that he wanted to draft Johnny Manziel. (Getty Images)

In May 2014, weeks after passing on Manziel, Jones said, "If we had picked Manziel, he'd guarantee our relevance for 10 years." By October of that year, Jones told reporters that he'd been instructed to quit talking about Manziel.

But that could change, even though Manziel doesn't seem particularly interested in taking football seriously. Last month, Jones said he deserved an F for the Cowboys' backup quarterback situation, and circled back to -- you guessed it -- Manziel.

"Do you remember two years ago when we sat there right to the last second on the clock with Manziel? My whole point is, there you are," Jones said at the time. "That was the whole purpose of doing that. At that particular time, for a first-round pick, I thought that Romo had more time. And if we sat there and worked with Manziel for four or five years, now we all know what's happened. We know the off-the-field issues. But on our board, one of our top five or six picks dropped down to us and it was at the quarterback position, and I absolutely was a vote of one in that room to basically go there. And I understood why.

"I understood the risk that was involved," Jones continued. "And we got a great player instead (offensive lineman Zack Martin). But those are the circumstances that come up when you're thinking for the future. I was at that particular time, debating the value of him for the future as well as debating a backup."

And who knows, the Cowboys could head into the 2016 season with both Martin and Manziel.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They even have to tie Jerry to JFF in an article about a silly t-shirt?

LOOK: The Johnny Manziel disguise report results in a glorious shirt

By now, we've all read the latest Johnny Manziel report -- the one that says the Brownsquarterback wore a wig and a fake mustache in Las Vegas, went by the name Billy, and partied away his troubles.

I have no idea if that report is true or not. What I do know is that it made this amazing T-shirt possible.

Is it too early to crown a Shirt of the Year?

In other Manziel-related news, Cowboys owner Jerry Jones still seems interested in him, saying he would take a flyer on a young backup quarterback currently playing for another team. Jones didn't explicitly name Manziel, but let's face it, he's not fooling anyone. Jones' attempt to disguise his intentions was just as bad as Manziel's alleged Vegas disguise.

billymanziel_1516.jpg
Is this already the T-shirt of the year? (Twitter: @FreshBrewedTees

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the posts here about trading for him are also "so done"...
But, when the winds blows back the other way I'm afraid I'll start reading about how he'd be a great pickup again...
Manziel is toast.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GAAAWD NOOOOOO

I'd rather take RG3 on one leg.......I'd take damn near ANYBODY other than Billy

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's sand bagging. Just wants to gtfo Cleveland.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's sand bagging. Just wants to gtfo Cleveland.
Quite possibly true, but there is a risk the JF in Cleveland is the real JF. If he's free and contract cheap, I can see the risk, if we have to trade for him count me as a no go.