• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here we go again with rumors Dana to Houston

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those hillbillies in West Virginia should have paid him if they wanted him to stay.
Well, Houston has reportedly offered the same amount he makes now. I'd like to think 4 million a year should get you better than a 59% winning percentage.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a coach I agree that experience is vital. I was clueless my first year. My entire staff was. Year 2, we're. Champions. Totally different level, but it does translate. Experience matters.

You can learn on the job, but be prepared for growing pains.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at Dana’s last contract, it seems like he was planning a move this year regardless of what happened.
When he signed, he had Grier and good talent to make 2018 a special year. He could then use his CCG to make a splash at a big school.
Success did not happen and he could not get an interview with a P5 team. He announced 2 minutes after the buyout dropped. While a step down, he got out of dodge as planned.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those hillbillies in West Virginia should have paid him if they wanted him to stay.
we didn't, thats why he is gone. This actually works out well for everyone involved, at least as far as major changes like this CAN go.

Big chance for our AD and president to reunite the fan base. Hasnt been the same since 2007 imo.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be great, but neither is WVU. Dream all you want WVU has never been great. Beat up on a depleted Big East, only after the powers left. How many times did WVU win the Big East without being in a tie? Could not win the watered down Big East out right. He ran a clean program, had good grades, good graduation rate, and put many players in the NFL. I don't remember a time that we have had so many players in the NFL.

A coach needs to be a HC at a smaller school before becoming a head coach is just plain retarded.......ask Georgia how their coordinator is doing as HC?

I got mixed feelings about him going. Maybe we can do better, but also a chance we can do worse. This bullshit about Doc is crazy. He can't win the CUSA, how is he going to win the Big 12? I have read a lot of comments about the next coach needs to be an alumni??? WTF does this thinking come from??? Where I come from you hire the best possible to fill a job. Who gives a fuck where they went to school, and if they have ties to the state??? This shit I hear people say that someone not from WV just can't understand WV football??? Where do these idiots get this way of thinking??? How many players are from WV???

I dont think Doc will be the WVU HC but he Is more that qualified, HAS won CUSA as well as a 6-0 bowl record.. at Marshall, in Huntington West Virginia playing schools from FAR better recruiting areas and wealthier states at that level.

He would not be bringing his players from Marshall to WVU, of course he couldn’t win the Big12 with THOSE players,he would have to recruit P5 level players to WVU to do that and he has shown to be able to bring players in to a similar area at a lower level, just like any other lower level coach that WVU would be looking at (Brown, Fickel ect.)

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we didn't, thats why he is gone. This actually works out well for everyone involved, at least as far as major changes like this CAN go.

Big chance for our AD and president to reunite the fan base. Hasnt been the same since 2007 imo.
Aint that the truth!!! Bring in the right guy and we are not jumping down each other's throats all the time!!!

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aint that the truth!!! Bring in the right guy and we are not jumping down each other's throats all the time!!!

I'm afraid that will be impossible, unless it is a native. Half the fan base thinks it has to be a native, most of them are the same people that think we should be in the playoffs every year

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid that will be impossible, unless it is a native. Half the fan base thinks it has to be a native, most of them are the same people that think we should be in the playoffs every year
The right outsider would bring us together, it did not take Nehlen long to bring us together, that first year when he changed our colors and logo, there were many that hated him, but it didn't take long for everyone to get behind him!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, a little more personality from Dana would have went a LONG way as far as fan/media/boss relationship and winning a few more folks over.
We hire a REAL head coach and not a coordinator who is uncomfortable as the head man and I think we will be fine. Sure we will still get pissed after loses ect. But if the HC is hurting with us afterwards and has a little better explainations than “welcome to big time football” then I think fans will be just fine AND good HC’s know how to do that.

Last edited:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, a little more personality from Dana would have went a LONG way as far as fan/media/boss relationship and winning a few more folks over.
We hire a REAL head coach and not a coordinator who is uncomfortable as the head man and I think we will be fine. Sure we will still get pissed after loses ect. But if the HC is hurting with us afterwards and has a little better explainations than “welcome to big time football” then I think fans will be just fine AND good HC’s know how to do that.
Holgorsen has stated several times that he hates the "CEO crap", just wants to coach ball, as I have said all along, he is a great coordinator, but is not great head coach. I would love to see one of these Group of 5 HCs with a little experience as the head man. I think Brown, Fickel, Heupel would be a great fit, who knows who wants to go where???

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. I met him a few years back. He wasn't discourteous, but neither was he friendly.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holgorsen has stated several times that he hates the "CEO crap", just wants to coach ball, as I have said all along, he is a great coordinator, but is not great head coach. I would love to see one of these Group of 5 HCs with a little experience as the head man. I think Brown, Fickel, Heupel would be a great fit, who knows who wants to go where???
Agree 100%, Dana is a fine OC but he aint no Head Coach. No shame in that, lotta guys in CFB like that.