• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here we go again with rumors Dana to Houston

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.chron.com/sports/cougars/article/West-Virginia-s-Dana-Holgorsen-emerges-as-13497439.php

If he so much as wanted to interview with them, that would be the time to fire him. It would look real bad to lose a Head coach to a Mid Major......
I agree 100%, if he even answers the phone call from Houston, can him immediately. For a wvu coach to go to Michigan is one thing, quite different to go to a school in a lesser league that pays less than half. If he's gone either way wouldn't hurt my feelings, this year showed even more that he is slowly becoming a head coach, but still has a LONG way to go to be a good coach, we lived and died by Grier's hot dog mentality, not by any coaching moves. Allison was completely unprepared for the bowl game, Grier and company bailing out on their teammates speaks volumes about Holgorsen, sad year, huge waste of a lot of talented kids this year, just sad. Feel really bad for sills, wide open all game, but the QBs never looked his way, and our offensive guru did zero coaching during the game, again.....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morgantown needs to be begging for this to go down

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is doing Dana a favor here IMO.
Dana is/was going to be fired end of 2019. WVU is giving him a chance to save face by taking a lesser HC gig rather than having being fired from a P5 job on his resume. This gives Dana a new HC gig at a place that can pay him and his family very well, UH a new HC, and WVU chance to part ways without too much hate/drama from either side and plenty of money to move forward.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is a 7 win average coach being linked to so many jobs, and why does he retain his position are the questions. If he is so good, why do his teams falter every year? We have heard every excuse under the sun from some fans for why every loss is someone else's fault. If he stays, if he goes, wvu football will go on, either way.

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His first two games as UH HC will be vs 1) OU 2) Wazzou (The Pirate)
Starting off 0-2, oouch!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is just a football coach who can’t beat Oklahoma. Coaches move and change jobs all the time. If he goes, maybe there are lots of other coaches that could lose to Oklahoma every year. At this point, all rumor. Hard to see him leave for an AAC team unless he thinks he will only win three and get fired in 2019.

I have zero excitement for the 2019 season.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again WVU has offered an extension and Dana has turned it down. Hey good luck in Houston ol boy, smell ya later...Let the search begin!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
have zero excitement for the 2019 season.
Yup, when your bread and butter players are all transfers, rather than four year guys, it goes south in a hurry. Wvu is paying him way above his worth, we can win 7 or 8 games a year with Doc for less than a quarter of what Holgorsen is being payed, plus have a recruiter who is capable of getting HS players in, ones that are loyal to the team.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dana isn't going anywhere. He'd already be gone if he was going.

Now his kid is enrolling at WVU. Be awful tough for him to change at this point. Although he was adept at switching high schools .

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now his kid is enrolling at WVU. Be awful tough for him to change at this point. Although he was adept at switching high schools .

I think you are spot on. However, I think his could kid can still go somewhere else.

The stadium was full last year, we were in it to the last game. Holgs is slowly improving.
While I currently have zero excitement for next year, that can always change. I was all gloom and doom on this board and then Holgs signs Robinson and Bigelow. That was big. Hopefully he can made a big splash again this year and give us another good season.

While I prefer recruiting high school kids that we can see 3-4 years, we are winning with free agent transfers. The game is moving in that direction and Holgs has done well in the market.

Love to see Justin Fields or Kelly Bryant under center next year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like he is going, we will find out tomorrow. He had a very talented team this year, a team that was capable of competing with everyone on the schedule, but through lack of coaching the QBs properly, lost three games that should have been wins. The iast game is one that happens, I don't think that very many teams would have beaten them that night. But the OSU and ou games were lost on poor coaching, plain and simple, Grier had not been coached to secure the ball and take the sack, dont have to score on every play.....he has been here 8 years, his best season was with the "empty cupboard " players, wvu kicked Clemson all over the field in the bowl game, and the good coach in that game built an empire, the lousy coach went out and lost to Kansas the next season.....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bowden's kids were enrolled at WVU also. Holgorsen is dealing with Lyons like he is a ten win coach who wins championships, rather than an underperforming guy who's teams lose because of coaching deficits, not lack of talent....

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Houston requests interview with Dana Holgorsen

Is He Gone or is he trying to get Lyons to Pony up with an extension.
Both, his buyout drops to 1mm midnight tonight, that's what the hold up COULD be on Houstons end. From the reports I've been seeing negotiations have stopped and Lyons has basically told him to hit the road if he aint happy.
We COULD see a last minute extension signed I guess and this could all just be posturing but as of right now, looks VERY likely that Dana will not be the coach next year.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both, his buyout drops to 1mm midnight tonight, that's what the hold up COULD be on Houstons end. From the reports I've been seeing negotiations have stopped and Lyons has basically told him to hit the road if he aint happy.
We COULD see a last minute extension signed I guess and this could all just be posturing but as of right now, looks VERY likely that Dana will not be the coach next year.
Strange deal, BUT Lyons needs to hold his ground, Holgorsen is already overpaid for what he has delivered. If you bolt to a "lesser" job, you are admitting you can't get it done in the big time, oh if only Fraud's ego had not took him to Michigan!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Strange deal, BUT Lyons needs to hold his ground, Holgorsen is already overpaid for what he has delivered. If you bolt to a "lesser" job, you are admitting you can't get it done in the big time, oh if only Fraud's ego had not took him to Michigan!!
IMO Dana sees the writing on the wall, since the extension its been 2 disappointing seasons and next year is prob gonna be rough regardless and he would be looking at WVU firing him. This way, he gets to go to Houston where stories say his family likes anyway and he still gets to be a HC for awhile longer at a G5 level school that can pay him & his family like a P5 school so..
It would work out well for everybody imo IF this goes down.