• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Here are the problems

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have enough collective talent to be champions. So what are the problems?

They don't have the heart of champions.
They aren't disciplined enough to be champions.
They aren't smart enough to be champions, from a football IQ perspective.
They are aren't coached well enough to be champions, and I'm talking about both sides of the ball.
They are too invested in their lives as celebrities and not invested enough in their lives as football players.

You won't find any of the above issues on perennial contenders like Green Bay and New England.

This group may have another championship run in them before their window of opportunity closes. But in order for that to happen, they need a mindset overhaul, and I don't think Pete Carroll is the type of coach who can effectively implement a mindset overhaul. He did it when these guys were mostly unproven players but I don't think he can re-enact it now that they established veterans with a degree of previous success.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of really squishy criticisms here.

They simply aren't executing well enough on either side of the ball. I think PC needs to accept this and modify his approach to the game.

Belicheck is an amazing coach precisely because he changes his approach to fit the situation.

If smash mouth football doesn't work anymore for us, then adjust the philosophy. Throw the ball downfield more. Get more movement on offense.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its simple, they suck! RW has become too short. The LOB is an embarrassment. The coaching staff has no clue how to coach these guys to avoid the stupid penalties.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They simply aren't executing well enough on either side of the ball. I think PC needs to accept this and modify his approach to the game.

Belicheck is an amazing coach precisely because he changes his approach to fit the situation.

If smash mouth football doesn't work anymore for us, then adjust the philosophy. Throw the ball downfield more. Get more movement on offense.

As long as Bevell leads that offense, it's not gonna happen... I think Pete allow's coaches to be who they are and he doesn't intervene with there decisions... Bevell his who he is.. I also think our new D coordinator is not reaching the players, way too many meltdowns late in games, there not mentally sharp ...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You actually agreed with three of my five points:
coaching - my fourth point
execution - my second point
a need for modifying the game approach - my third point

Whether or not they have the same heart that they did in 2012 and 2013? Well, that's is a matter of opinion.

Whether or not they are more invested in their personal lives than they are in their football lives? Again, a matter of opinion. But, from my perspective, they have been in the news for the wrong reasons way more since the beginning of last year than they were in Wilson's first two seasons. And you can hardly turn on the TV for more than 5 minutes without seeing Wilson, Sherman or Lynch in a fucking commercial.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have enough collective talent to be champions. So what are the problems?

They don't have the heart of champions.
They aren't disciplined enough to be champions.
They aren't smart enough to be champions, from a football IQ perspective.
They are aren't coached well enough to be champions, and I'm talking about both sides of the ball.
They are too invested in their lives as celebrities and not invested enough in their lives as football players.

You won't find any of the above issues on perennial contenders like Green Bay and New England.

This group may have another championship run in them before their window of opportunity closes. But in order for that to happen, they need a mindset overhaul, and I don't think Pete Carroll is the type of coach who can effectively implement a mindset overhaul. He did it when these guys were mostly unproven players but I don't think he can re-enact it now that they established veterans with a degree of previous success.

I think what we're seeing is that these guys are eating a dose of humble pie this year. For the last couple of years they worked their tails off to get too 2 straight SB's and maybe this season they thought it would be a breeze to get back to a third which of course right now looks very unrealistic. The season isn't over but if they don't wake up now, it will be.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RW has become too short.

That's the most stupidly fcking awesome thing I've ever read on the interwebs.

That approaches legendary status.

meme-worthy.

Heh.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the most stupidly fcking awesome thing I've ever read on the interwebs.

That approaches legendary status.

meme-worthy.

Heh.

"stupidly fyking awwsome" Is that better than whackjob moron? I can't keep my nicknames in order.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to answer the question, all teams go through ups and downs. We have a good foundation, and a culture that's been built. What you DON'T do is over-react. You play out the season, come up with a plan and implement it.

If that involves coaching
"stupidly fyking awwsome" Is that better than whackjob moron? I can't keep my nicknames in order.

Actually I was pretty careful to refer to the quote as stupidly awesome. Us being fellow Seahawk fans n'all.

So did he get shorter, or did the rest of the league get taller?

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to answer the question, all teams go through ups and downs. We have a good foundation, and a culture that's been built. What you DON'T do is over-react. You play out the season, come up with a plan and implement it.

If that involves coaching

Actually I was pretty careful to refer to the quote as stupidly awesome. Us being fellow Seahawk fans n'all.

So did he get shorter, or did the rest of the league get taller?

I think he has been hit too many times this season. I feel confident if he throws quickly. When he doesn't, it hasn't been good this time around. He is not the only problem but must accept some of the blame and I think he has. They just are not very good or very hungry this season.