• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Herbert over Watson?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Robotech

Found my possible trade partner - Guy has Newton and Cousin

Though his players - Hopkins, Keenan Allen, D Moore, RB - Jacob's, Carson, Singletary

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunately I already own Miles Sanders. Though he's out right now. I am in first place in this league (probably not after this weeks loss)

One guy has Brees and Rivers.... He has wr wise- Hill, Goodwin, Diane Johnson
RB- Gordon III, Jones II

I would be interested mostly in Hill and Godwin. You will need to throw in more to get Hill. I think Godwin will continue to be good even when AB starts playing. That Tampa passing offense should be humming. It's Mike Evans who I really would be worried about if I owned him. Johnson is Ben's favorite receiver, so he would be a good pickup, too, if he is healthy and if you have a need at WR.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be interested mostly in Hill and Godwin. You will need to throw in more to get Hill. I think Godwin will continue to be good even when AB starts playing. That Tampa passing offense should be humming. It's Mike Evans who I really would be worried about if I owned him. Johnson is Ben's favorite receiver, so he would be a good pickup, too, if he is healthy and if you have a need at WR.

I need WR. Since OBJ is out

Here's my Team:

Watson
Herbert
OBJ
Kupp
Damien Harris
D. Henderson JR
Jared Cook
COOKS
Crowder
Hooper
Miles Sanders

IR - Ekeler and McCaffrey

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Robotech

Found my possible trade partner - Guy has Newton and Cousin

Though his players - Hopkins, Keenan Allen, D Moore, RB - Jacob's, Carson, Singletary

Oh yeah, that guy could be desperate for an upgrade. Newton is struggling so much, so who knows when he'll become startable again in fantasy. And Cousins is just a streamer type. You're not going to get Hopkins, but I would try to get Keenan Allen. You would have the killer Herbert-Keenan Allen stack, and the Chargers are past their bye week. I have concerns about Jacobs (he seems to usually underperform and the Raiders love the passing game, and Jacobs doesn't get a lot of receptions). I'm concerned with Carson's health and Singletary isn't even worth talking about.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, that guy could be desperate for an upgrade. Newton is struggling so much, so who knows when he'll become startable again in fantasy. And Cousins is just a streamer type. You're not going to get Hopkins, but I would try to get Keenan Allen. You would have the killer Herbert-Keenan Allen stack, and the Chargers are past their bye week. I have concerns about Jacobs (he seems to usually underperform and the Raiders love the passing game, and Jacobs doesn't get a lot of receptions). I'm concerned with Carson's health and Singletary isn't even worth talking about.

Though I'm leary with all these freak injuries that if I trade either Watson Or Herbert the qb I keep goes down and I'm screwed

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I'm leary with all these freak injuries that if I trade either Watson Or Herbert the qb I keep goes down and I'm screwed

Haha. True. And they both run (which is great for their fantasy production), but it does expose them to injury. I did see Herbert slide on one play and run out of bounds on another play. I only saw one run where he put his head down to try to get extra yardage. Both guys seem smart enough to protect themselves, and Herbert is built like a truck so we should be okay. Plus, all the rules protect the QB. You're much more likely to have a RB or WR get injured, especially a RB.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. True. And they both run (which is great for their fantasy production), but it does expose them to injury. I did see Herbert slide on one play and run out of bounds on another play. I only saw one run where he put his head down to try to get extra yardage. Both guys seem smart enough to protect themselves, and Herbert is built like a truck so we should be okay. Plus, all the rules protect the QB. You're much more likely to have a RB or WR get injured, especially a RB.

Dalton just got creamed and he wasn't running.

So im on fence with trying a trade.

I would like Allen on my team however

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Take a look at Herbert's NFL Combine numbers. He's huge and very athletic. If he knew how to run routes, he could be an elite TE. LOL.

Screenshot_262.png

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just post a message in the league about sending trade ideas to me for Watson or Herbert. See (if at all) anyone bites

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalton just got creamed and he wasn't running.

So im on fence with trying a trade.

I would like Allen on my team however

Good point. I didn't see that particular play, but yeah, the risk is always there. I know a lot of people keep 2 QB's in a one QB league, so it's reasonable for you to go that route, too.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a look at Herbert's NFL Combine numbers. He's huge and very athletic. If he knew how to run routes, he could be an elite TE. LOL.

View attachment 256782

He looks faster than 4.68 speed when he needs to get that first down too. His strides are so damn long. Lawrence ran a 4.7, his last attempt (not sure when) so I would imagine he would be like a Herbert-prototype but maybe even more talented.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had i started Herbert over Watson I'd be sitting pretty at 5-0 right now. Sadly at 4-1

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looks faster than 4.68 speed when he needs to get that first down too. His strides are so damn long. Lawrence ran a 4.7, his last attempt (not sure when) so I would imagine he would be like a Herbert-prototype but maybe even more talented.

Yeah, Herbert is like a horse. Lawrence should be a really good one.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can he get my "w" back? Lol

He'll help you get the playoff wins. Our guy has risen to 4th in average fantasy points/game at the QB position. Absolutely amazing the names he's ahead of at the moment. Let's hope that Coach Lynn keeps letting Herbert run, but do please slide, Justin.

Screenshot_265.png

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking of adding Wentz as insurance for Herbie, but I'm not sure who to drop. Wentz leads the NFL in air yards. He doesn't always look good doing it, but Wentz just racks up points in the air and on the ground.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had i started Herbert over Watson I'd be sitting pretty at 5-0 right now. Sadly at 4-1

Did you start Herbert yesterday? I started him over Lamar in one league, and he produced more fantasy points than Lamar. In my other league, I started him over Wentz. Herbert is going to finish no lower than 6th among QB's this week (currently 4th, but with Brady and Daniel Jones going tonight), but man, I'm worried that all the close Chargers losses will affect him mentally. Really, it shouldn't. The Chargers have committed to him, he's going to get Ekeler back, there aren't playoff expectations for his team, and his remaining schedule looks great.

He is continuing to produce, so we just keep starting him. His QB ranking finishes this season:

Week 2: 13th
Week 3: 19th
Week 4: 7th
Week 5: 4th
Week 6: Bye
Week 7: 1st
Week 8: 4th (but could drop to 6th after tonight's game)

Last edited:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you start Herbert yesterday? I started him over Lamar in one league, and he produced more fantasy points than Lamar. In my other league, I started him over Wentz. Herbert is going to finish no lower than 6th among QB's this week (currently 4th, but with Brady and Daniel Jones going tonight), but man, I'm worried that all the close Chargers losses will affect him mentally. Really, it shouldn't. The Chargers have committed to him, he's going to get Ekeler back, there aren't playoff expectations for his team, and his remaining schedule looks great.

He is continuing to produce, so we just keep starting him. His QB ranking finishes this season:

Week 2: 13th
Week 3: 19th
Week 4: 7th
Week 5: 4th
Week 6: Bye
Week 7: 1st
Week 8: 4th (but could drop to 6th after tonight's game)
Yes, yes I did start him over Watson and I WON!!!!