• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heisman invites

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for that. How many times has the Heisman winner absolutely sucked in the subsequent bowl/invitational?

Troy Smith comes to mind for the Buckeyes. Great season, won the HT, then spent the entire 40 days after going to banquets and crap instead of bowl prep. He put on about 15 pounds, none of it good weight. He was a train wreck against Florida.

Had the voting been after the game, he wouldn't have received an invite (of course, maybe he wouldn't have sucked so bad if he wasn't traveling all over the country eating fried chicken).

BTW, I love Joe Burrow and am rooting for him (and LSU) in the CG.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for that. How many times has the Heisman winner absolutely sucked in the subsequent bowl/invitational?

Troy Smith comes to mind for the Buckeyes. Great season, won the HT, then spent the entire 40 days after going to banquets and crap instead of bowl prep. He put on about 15 pounds, none of it good weight. He was a train wreck against Florida.

Had
This is why you have to look at context for everything in the media. The story was framed like he outright made this statement, and I thought it was a bit ridiculous to be focusing on this before the biggest game of his career. This was literally the first question asked during the interview during the presser. I thought it came across as whiney but in the dudes defense he was asked a very leading question.

For the record I think it should be at the end, but that’s not how the award has been given. I think its all the awards are a major distraction when they are given.