• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat Want to Form Big Four with Melo

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under 10% for the percentage of people that say "I don't watch the NBA anymore" or "I'm never going to watch the NBA anymore" that actually don't watch the NBA or actually follow through with the threat to stop watching?

If this happen I will honestly say I wouldn't watch as much NBA as I do now. I would still watch the Bulls but once they get knocked out of the Playoffs I wouldn't watch the rest of the NBA playoffs. It would really be pointless.

Whats interesting is if this happen LBJ will continue to lose his legacy. He doesn't understand that this isn't good for him. Yes he would win championships but Most NBA experts and Fans would know it was pointless championships.

It would really ruin the NBA image. Im not saying this because its Miami or because its LBJ. If any team did what they did I would feel this way. You want teams to earn it not cheat the system to win. That's why I can understand why a lot of people are pulling for the Spurs. They did it the normal way, the right way. I would hate my Bulls If they tried to pull this crap. I remember when all 3 were FAs, yes I wanted LBJ or Wade but I didn't want both.

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat must want a team full of ball hogs. And if they do, they are going to pay the luxury tax. Through the nose.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting aside the issue of whether this is a feasible outcome or whether its a good idea for the Heat.... please stop it with the high and mighty "right way" stuff that makes no sense.

1) I've got news for you... every single franchise is trying to "buy" a championship. Even the spurs. That's the whole freaking point. Every single one of them would spend money on a great free agent if they thought it would help them win a championship, regardless of whatever stupid "Built not Bought" saying they claim to espouse.

2) Most people agree that Wade and Bosh are not max guys. With the roles they have and what they bring to their team they should be making less than what they are. Yet you suddenly have a problem with the idea of them taking less money so another player can come? WTF?

3) The idea of free agents sacrificing money for a better situation is older than most people on this thread.

4)These are values that translate to greatness in the real world:
Stop trying to do everything by yourself because you're proud.
Stop viewing other great people as competition and start discovering how you can work together to accomplish greater things than you ever could alone.
Stop caring about what the world around you says about what you should or shouldn't do.
Stop putting people around you that make you look better, and start putting people around that just plain make you better.
We talk about playing "team basketball," yet we want our stars to win by themselves.
We talk about sacrificing for your teammates, yet we want you to win in spite of your teammates
We want you to be role-models to our children, yet we want you to hate your competition.
We want you to love the game you play, yet we don't want you to even like another player who threatens your status as the best.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. The NBA could then keep the Heat on top for a long time. The refs rarely call a foul on any one of them, these four could dominate the NBA like the "four horsemen" did in the WCW

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Putting aside the issue of whether this is a feasible outcome or whether its a good idea for the Heat.... please stop it with the high and mighty "right way" stuff that makes no sense.

1) I've got news for you... every single franchise is trying to "buy" a championship. Even the spurs. That's the whole freaking point. Every single one of them would spend money on a great free agent if they thought it would help them win a championship, regardless of whatever stupid "Built not Bought" saying they claim to espouse.

2) Most people agree that Wade and Bosh are not max guys. With the roles they have and what they bring to their team they should be making less than what they are. Yet you suddenly have a problem with the idea of them taking less money so another player can come? WTF?

3) The idea of free agents sacrificing money for a better situation is older than most people on this thread.

Stop viewing other great people as competition and start discovering how you can work together to accomplish greater things than you ever could alone.
Stop caring about what the world around you says about what you should or shouldn't do.
Stop putting people around you that make you look better, and start putting people around that just plain make you better.
We talk about playing "team basketball," yet we want our stars to win by themselves.
We talk about sacrificing for your teammates, yet we want you to win in spite of your teammates
We want you to be role-models to our children, yet we want you to hate your competition.
We want you to love the game you play, yet we don't want you to even like another player who threatens your status as the best.

Wrong. Disagree 100%. There is a right way of doing things and the wrong way. Miami did it the wrong way. LBJ is suppose to be this next great player well if he was so great he would got players to come to him. Wade is the genius out of all this. I give tons of credit to Wade. Great teams build from with in. Spurs salary like 20-30 million less then Miami. I agree with you every team is trying to win but not the way Miami did it. Im also sick of Miami fans saying the Big 3 sacrifice. No they didn't. All 3 are in the top 10 in salary and 2 of the players on that list is from the old old way contracts use to be (Dirk and Kobe).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense. The NBA could then keep the Heat on top for a long time. The refs rarely call a foul on any one of them, these four could dominate the NBA like the "four horsemen" did in the WCW

NBA stopped Chris paul going to the lakers, they would step in if this happen. Now like I said I can see LVJ joining Melo or Miami letting Bosh and maybe wade go to pair Melo with LBJ but there is no way all 4 are on the same team. Just wont happen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA stopped Chris paul going to the lakers, they would step in if this happen.
Now like I said I can see LVJ joining Melo or Miami letting Bosh and maybe wade go to pair Melo with LBJ but there is no way all 4 are on the same team. Just wont happen.

Apparently you don't understand the difference between FA and the unique situation Paul was in when his team was owned by the NBA.

Maybe it won't happen, but it CERATINLY could, if they want to leave the $$$$ on the table.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:10:

:agree:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. Disagree 100%. There is a right way of doing things and the wrong way. Miami did it the wrong way. LBJ is suppose to be this next great player well if he was so great he would got players to come to him. Wade is the genius out of all this. I give tons of credit to Wade. Great teams build from with in. Spurs salary like 20-30 million less then Miami. I agree with you every team is trying to win but not the way Miami did it. Im also sick of Miami fans saying the Big 3 sacrifice. No they didn't. All 3 are in the top 10 in salary and 2 of the players on that list is from the old old way contracts use to be (Dirk and Kobe).

I don't want to insult you, but this entire post was STUPID beyond belief nearly.

There IS no right/wrong way to build a team if it's WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME.

Miami built their team in a way the league sanctioned......so by definition it is THE RIGHT WAY.

You don't personally like it. Too bad. That says more about YOU than it does about the Miami Heat. They used every tool at their disposal to build a title team.

And whether you believe it or not, EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the league would do the same damned thing if they could get 2 rings out of it.

So please spare us the fake righteous indignation. It's laughable.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True...But how can you, and why would you want to talk about something you don't watch/follow.

That would be like me trying to talk about soccer.:noidea:

I do follow it somewhat, I just don't care about it, that's all. I wouldn't say I am an avid fan at all...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do follow it somewhat, I just don't care about it, that's all. I wouldn't say I am an avid fan at all...

Cool.
I totally understand.
I would say that describes me when I lived in Cleveland.
I didn't really care, but did know what was going on.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA stopped Chris paul going to the lakers, they would step in if this happen. Now like I said I can see LVJ joining Melo or Miami letting Bosh and maybe wade go to pair Melo with LBJ but there is no way all 4 are on the same team. Just wont happen.

I have to disagree here. These are 2 completely different situations. If CP3 had been an FA, he would be a Laker right now. However, this was a trade. Whether one feels that Stern overstepped his bounds when he vetoed the trade, he was acting as the owner of a team that was for sale and was trying to get as much money as possible for the team.

CP3 was their lone marketable star. While the trade was fair as far as player value on the court, the players they would have received were not as marketable as CP3, which would have driven down the price he could get for the team.

If the 3 amigos and 'Melo all want to take a big enough paycut to fit 'Melo under the cap, I don't think there is much that the NBA would/could do about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to insult you, but this entire post was STUPID beyond belief nearly.

There IS no right/wrong way to build a team if it's WITHIN THE RULES OF THE GAME.

Miami built their team in a way the league sanctioned......so by definition it is THE RIGHT WAY.

You don't personally like it. Too bad. That says more about YOU than it does about the Miami Heat. They used every tool at their disposal to build a title team.

And whether you believe it or not, EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the league would do the same damned thing if they could get 2 rings out of it.

So please spare us the fake righteous indignation. It's laughable.

Wrong again. The right way is by building your team and adding pieces. Baseball u can buy super star players and not win. Basketball if you buy 3 of the top players u will win. Yes they aren't top players anymore but they are still star players. Maybe not super stars besides LBJ. Then throw in the best shooter of all time with Allen. Like I said Im not judging Miami. I would feel the same way towards any team that did this. They took the easy way out. They don't have the fire under their belly to beat the best. Spurs drafted player, OKC drafted their players, Clippers drafted, Bulls drafted, Portland drafted their players. Yes all teams will add players but not buy 3 super stars in one offseason and NBA changes the rules so no team can do it again. Miami has a double advantage. LBJ will jump ship again if they lose. If they lose he would of lost 3 Finals and 2 of them when he had the best team. Legacy falling apart.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree here. These are 2 completely different situations. If CP3 had been an FA, he would be a Laker right now. However, this was a trade. Whether one feels that Stern overstepped his bounds when he vetoed the trade, he was acting as the owner of a team that was for sale and was trying to get as much money as possible for the team.

CP3 was their lone marketable star. While the trade was fair as far as player value on the court, the players they would have received were not as marketable as CP3, which would have driven down the price he could get for the team.

If the 3 amigos and 'Melo all want to take a big enough paycut to fit 'Melo under the cap, I don't think there is much that the NBA would/could do about it.

LBJ and Bosh were trades. NBA would stop it. also Miami wouldn't be able to sign melo because they are over the cap so they would have to try and do a sign and trade with him. Only way I see this if all 4 players agree to 9-11 million a year. I don't see that happening.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carmelo's hands are like a black hole; once the ball goes in them, it disappears into another dimension, never to be seen again by fellow teammates.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBJ and Bosh were trades. NBA would stop it. also Miami wouldn't be able to sign melo because they are over the cap so they would have to try and do a sign and trade with him. Only way I see this if all 4 players agree to 9-11 million a year. I don't see that happening.

Uh, pretty sure those were FA signings.

I agree that I don't think it's going to happen because I don't see them all being willing to take a big enough paycut, but if they are, there really isn't anything the NBA can do about it.

I could see the NBA Players Association having an issue with it though. Their goal is to drive salaries as high as possible and this would pretty much be doing the opposite.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool.
I totally understand.
I would say that describes me when I lived in Cleveland.
I didn't really care, but did know what was going on.

I mean don't get me wrong, if I get tickets I am so going but I would much rather watch something else on tv then an NBA game. Play-offs are a little bit of a different story... But I just don't like the NBA because I just don't think (granted players are very talented) that it's a good sport in this day and age. Not many people play defense and they flop like you wouldn't believe and most of the players are whiny little pieces of dung and piss and moan after every little ticky tac thing is not called.

Plus I don't like how Superstars seem to get away with everything more in the NBA in any other sport.

Understandable for you... You lived in Cleveland after all :laugh3:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. The right way is by building your team and adding pieces. Baseball u can buy super star players and not win. Basketball if you buy 3 of the top players u will win. Yes they aren't top players anymore but they are still star players. Maybe not super stars besides LBJ. Then throw in the best shooter of all time with Allen. Like I said Im not judging Miami. I would feel the same way towards any team that did this. They took the easy way out. They don't have the fire under their belly to beat the best. Spurs drafted player, OKC drafted their players, Clippers drafted, Bulls drafted, Portland drafted their players. Yes all teams will add players but not buy 3 super stars in one offseason and NBA changes the rules so no team can do it again. Miami has a double advantage. LBJ will jump ship again if they lose. If they lose he would of lost 3 Finals and 2 of them when he had the best team. Legacy falling apart.

Yep you are stupid. Good to know.

You build a team any way you can WITHIN the rules of the game.

You don't personally like the way they built their team......but there isn't a GM in this league that wouldn't do the exact same thing if they had the opportunity.

You should probably post less.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically they became sign and trades, but it has nothing to do with whether it was allowable or not.
Of course it was.
And of course they can....if it really ends up being worth it it them.