• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat vs Pacers ECF

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never liked the Cavs and NOW I don't like the Heat at all. I hope LeBron drives into the lane and Hibbert takes his head off because that is exactly what he deserves after than pitiful flagrant foul the other night.

I watched this game, what flagrant? any one have a clip?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People still want to deny that Indiana is really as good as the Heat? C'mon, man, how many times do they have to beat them to convince you?

They have already beat the Heat 5 times this year and lost 4. The Pacers are a much stronger team than you or I thought they were before this series and there really can be no denying that.

And I think the Spurs are better than both the Heat and the Pacers. Have some faith in your team, man! :lol:

hell, I'M sold. win or lose i think this franchise has taken a BIG step forward...

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they are doing in Game 7 is really showing where their achilles heel is in thay mighty mighty armor that is the Heat team.

Myth: This is a coming out party for Roy Hibbert.

Fact: Hibbert is a guy who averaged 11.9 PPG this season. 16.9 in the playoffs. In the first two rounds, he was right around his normal 11.9 until going off here against Miami. This is not Hibbert's coming out party as much as it is an exposure of just how week Miami is inside.

The 5 has almost become a forgotten position in the NBA. However, if one team has a huge advantage at the 5 over another team and can force the game inside, that team can win, no matter how many superstars the other team has.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they are doing in Game 7 is really showing where their achilles heel is in thay mighty mighty armor that is the Heat team.

Fact: Hibbert is a guy who averaged 11.9 PPG this season. 16.9 in the playoffs. In the first two rounds, he was right around his normal 11.9 until going off here against Miami. This is not Hibbert's coming out party as much as it is an exposure of just how week Miami is inside.

The 5 has almost become a forgotten position in the NBA. However, if one team has a huge advantage at the 5 over another team and can force the game inside, that team can win, no matter how many superstars the other team has.

excellent points...

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

enhanced-buzz-24714-1337364285-8.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All fair points.
The Heat found small ball success last year by accident (Bosh injury).
Until that point, everyone thought/knew the Heat needed to improve their center position players.

Teams have had a year to adjust to us basically just try todo the same thing.
Most aren't talented enough to do a damn thing about it, but the Pacers are.

Win or lose, I don't think Riley will start next season trying to win the same way.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, a bit of a sort of non-basketball rant:

Hibbert's fine. Hibbert's press conference meltdown was immature and unprofessional and wasn't in the best interests of the league and I can understand his fine. What I can't understand is why a guy will get fined for something he said a good three times the amount what another guy will get fined for dirty flagrant fouls that could possibly injure another player.

The second thing, and I am so sick of this shit I want to scream, is PC liberal busybodies who go around making it their life's work to be offended on behalf of other people.

Like for example, if my dumb white ass would walk up to CL and say "what's up my (insert n-word here)", if CL ain't got a problem with it, then all the other white bleeding heart apologists need to STFU! On the other hand, is he gets pissed and whips my ass for it, that's on me.

Sometimes, we do need to mind our own damned business and quit finding other people's causes to fight all the damned time.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All fair points.
The Heat found small ball success last year by accident (Bosh injury).
Until that point, everyone thought/knew the Heat needed to improve their center position players.

Teams have had a year to adjust to us basically just try todo the same thing.
Most aren't talented enough to do a damn thing about it, but the Pacers are.

Win or lose, I don't think Riley will start next season trying to win the same way.

And this worries me more as a Spurs fan cause they could possibly do the same if they reach the Finals.

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what is wrong with saying no-homo... How is that offensive? I can at least understand fining him for calling the media motherfuckers, but everyone seems to be more upset about this no-homo thing. REALLY???

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, a bit of a sort of non-basketball rant:

Hibbert's fine. Hibbert's press conference meltdown was immature and unprofessional and wasn't in the best interests of the league and I can understand his fine. What I can't understand is why a guy will get fined for something he said a good three times the amount what another guy will get fined for dirty flagrant fouls that could possibly injure another player.

The second thing, and I am so sick of this shit I want to scream, is PC liberal busybodies who go around making it their life's work to be offended on behalf of other people.

Like for example, if my dumb white ass would walk up to CL and say "what's up my (insert n-word here)", if CL ain't got a problem with it, then all the other white bleeding heart apologists need to STFU! On the other hand, is he gets pissed and whips my ass for it, that's on me.

Sometimes, we do need to mind our own damned business and quit finding other people's causes to fight all the damned time.

lol, good post. btw, one of my best friends is a short white guy who does EXACTLY that. doesn't bother me in the slightest. now if you're a STRANGER, then...we might have a small problem....:laugh3:

as always it isn't always what someone says, but HOW they say it....

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL awesome Meme

@turnup THE MFK HEAT BIOTCH!!!!

Riley better not start next season trying to win with this same lineup, that is asinine win it all or not! Even if they move Birdman^2 tostarting 5 and bosh back to 4, we would actually be considered big I think? That all depends on how Birdman^2 comes back next season but if we could find a younger version?

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get what is wrong with saying no-homo... How is that offensive? I can at least understand fining him for calling the media motherfuckers, but everyone seems to be more upset about this no-homo thing. REALLY???

Because the NBA is all proud of itself and being stroked by the PC media because of Jason Collins coming out and this guy saying "no-homo" shits all over their "We support gays" image they are trying to create.

It's all about perception vs reality.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this worries me more as a Spurs fan cause they could possibly do the same if they reach the Finals.

Spurs are sitting in a pretty good spot.
I think the long lay off is going to prove a big negative for them IF the Heat wins tonight.
If the Pacers win, you will be home and that would negate alot of the problem IMO.

Hey, the Spurs were sailing along as the #1 seed until the injuries hit. Same thing as last year, but this year you had time to heal up before round 2.
The Lakers had no shot in round one once Kobe was injured. Plain and simple.

RedRum

You Cant Handle the Truth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enhanced-buzz-5275-1337364042-11.jpg

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all the negativity, the Heat are still the same 7 point favorite they were at the beginning.
They want you to bet the Pacers, which means the smart move is to bet the Heat.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand for the following not because I give a fuck what words mean but because we are all equal and the continued drawing of lines will only continue to show our differences and thus create inequalities.

As long as we keep drawing lines that separate us there will be lines. Either we move on as humanity or be forever damned by our ethnicities.

Sometimes, we do need to mind our own damned business

Nope, all the fkn time!! IMO using derogatory remarks is every one's business though.

...until we can have a sense of humor

I don't get what is wrong with saying no-homo...

It is gay bashing, you are referencing that it is negative to be gay.

as always it isn't always what someone says, but HOW they say it....

That is truth, we should take the weight out of words and emphasize the context.

On my large hand I want us all to ignore racial slurs and race altogether. This includes the hilarious jokes about racial stereotypes (and I will miss them, but it is for the greater good). This is just one way that we draw lines separating ourselves from one another.

On my hand that has a sense of humor I think light hearted jokes are funny but we all take ourselves so fucking seriously everything has to be a war.

So that brings me to my current stance that there is no place for any of these things. Dad had to come down and take all of the toys because you children couldn't play nice and share. Also the "honor amongst thieves" cliche could be bent to fit there as that is what my brother and I tended to be.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good points, slayer, but here is where I have an issue.

Take the Washington Redskins, for example. You have people complaining about the Redskins name.

Now, if 100 Native Americans were asked and 100 Native Americans said, "no, that doesn't bother me, they can name their team what they want to."

Then five or six Euro-descendants wanna act all high and mighty and start claiming the term Redskin is offensive.....

no!

Alot of this stuff isn't near as much about some people being offended as it is about some people wanting to act all holier-than-thou.

That's who I have a problem with. These self-appointed Thought Police.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone picked the HEAT.

It is not some egg on my face moment.
I confidently picked them to crush the Pacers in 5 rather lopsided games.

I still don't know what they doing in game 7.

Wade ,hurt or not.....

This teams should be annihilating the Pacers even without Wade.

It is a mismatch.
They have more than enough to still beat a 49 win team.
It is mindboggling how bad the HEAT look at times suddenly.

But, I still pick them to win the title even over my SPURS (as of today.)

I picked the Pacers in 6 or 7. What I didnt understand, was the people that thought this was an easy matchup for the Heat. Big physical good defensive teams always gave the heat problems. I always said the Heat rather face the thunder than the Spurs, pacers or Grizzlies.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay.. I am officially starting my game 7 pregame in a few minutes. I would like to pre-apologzie for my behavior tonight. I enjoy the banter back and forth and really do like you guys. I also assure you that I dont honestly mean some of the things I'm going to say about you guys, your team, and perhaps (if things go poorly) your kin. I hope we can all move past my unfortunate future comments.

Last edited by a moderator: