• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heat vs Bulls Series Thread

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was you who was actually caught with multi-id's and banned for it. And you were caught on a thread that you created to accuse CL of having multi-id's.

In other words what you tried to do was an epic fail!!

The Price is Right losing horn - YouTube

I'm ending it after this, not baskeball related , but that was not why I was banned. Go back and read the post that got me banned if you are also having memory failure.

And also, if I wanted/needed to have multiple ID's, what better time would there have been then during the week when your suck ass Lakers were being swept? I sat quiet (unlike some others here that were banned and then back here in 10 minutes).

I get it , I was told in no uncertain terms that this is a private site and they can do whatever they want for whatever reason they want.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said its possible (more like probable) that he committed a few cheap touch fouls but he didn't commit any obvious fouls in the streak that the refs just missed.

As I said before if he did you guys can just post the youtube clip and we can discuss it like men.

I'm not going through 5 games worth of youtube just to try and prove a point to you. I don't have the time or energy and more important, I don't want to.

If you honestly think that a player that plays the aggressive defense that Lebron plays managed to more than 5 games with only a touch foul here and there being missed, then there is nothing that could be posted that you would accept anyway.

Now go ahead put up a turnip-esque post about how this just proves that I know you're right!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
straight out CAUGHT with his hand elbow-deep in the cookie jar with the other jefe I.D. and i can Guarantee he had mine as well(because he bitched about it to Hammerdown when i got it back). yep, the guy's making himself look like a COMPLETE fool now. i don't understand why the guy just doesn't kill himself and get it overwith...

So, your buddy wanted to bust me for making a 2 point Laker win score prediction, but decided to not say I was the other CL??

That makes total sense:lol:

Tell us again why you signed up here before me and never mentioned your ID was taken?:omg:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going through 5 games worth of youtube just to try and prove a point to you. I don't have the time or energy and more important, I don't want to.

If you honestly think that a player that plays the aggressive defense that Lebron plays managed to more than 5 games with only a touch foul here and there being missed, then there is nothing that could be posted that you would accept anyway.

Now go ahead put up a turnip-esque post about how this just proves that I know you're right!!

Did any opponent after those 5 games say James should have been called for any fouls?

Was ESPN who watches every Heat move ever complain about it or show any film of what should have been called a foul?

How long until we hear about collusion, TV shows and fan celebrations again?

piss-tons

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another swing and a miss. That was CALLED a flagrant.

The debate was that these fouls happened routinely in the 90s with no calls being made.

I have YET to see proof of this, and I watched basketball just as much as anyone here.

Once again.....I called BS, and so far, all you've done is prove me right.

Consider proved wrong.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ending it after this, not baskeball related , but that was not why I was banned. Go back and read the post that got me banned if you are also having memory failure.

And also, if I wanted/needed to have multiple ID's, what better time would there have been then during the week when your suck ass Lakers were being swept? I sat quiet (unlike some others here that were banned and then back here in 10 minutes).

I get it , I was told in no uncertain terms that this is a private site and they can do whatever they want for whatever reason they want.

You were banned for being: and I quote "a dick troll" you were also banned because you were proven to have both turnuptheheat and jefe101 screennames.

You were proven to have multi-id's on the very thread that you created to accuse CL of having multi-id's.

Your attempts to deflect and place blame on others does not change any of the above.

Hopefully, you will learn and you will go back to being the turnup that I could actually have a decent conversation with. Until then, I'm back to skipping over your posts and not responding to you.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lebron and Kobe both have their fair share of referee bias. That is just the way of the NBA. Honestly, I have not seen that much animosity from a team against the Heat. The Celtics weren't this physical. Although Lebron got T'd up for the elbow, Mohammed shoving him was downright foolish. As was Noah when Anderson was clearly getting up. The Bulls have a lot of heart though and sometimes even the Heat needs that kind of demeanor.

Overall the reputation of the Bull's physical style of play does make the referees look at their fouls harder than the Heat's. That is the drawback. It might be unfair but in general, it is what it is. Unless the NBA turns into street basketball, nonphysical teams will get the benefit of the doubt.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of complaining about the referees but in the end, it isn;t like the referees decided the outcome of the game. The referees have a hard task of keeping the game under control. A shove here and there can get ugly. Like I mentioned before, physicality is a double edged sword and if a team relies too much on physicality, it won't look good in the eyes of the referees. Shaq used to be the recipient of a lot of those hard fouls. Unlike Shaq who gets fouled when he jumps up, Lebron is in an even more precarious situation where someone has to tackle him when he is running full speed. That can be frustrating. That is also dangerous. I don;t see Durant or Kobe being tackled or wrapped up as much as Lebron.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and Kobe both have their fair share of referee bias. That is just the way of the NBA.

Agree 100%

Honestly, I have not seen that much animosity from a team against the Heat.

If you're referring to the Bulls, it's the only chanced they have. If the Bulls tried to come out and play the Heat's game, the rest of the series would make game 2 look like a nailbiter. The Bulls have to "muck it up" and play physical basketball to even be competitive, much less actually win a game or 2.

Although Lebron got T'd up for the elbow, Mohammed shoving him was downright foolish.

True. Lebron has already been t'd up and it looked like the Bulls were getting into the Heat's heads a bit. That shove by Nazr basically negated that.

Overall the reputation of the Bull's physical style of play does make the referees look at their fouls harder than the Heat's. That is the drawback. It might be unfair but in general, it is what it is. Unless the NBA turns into street basketball, nonphysical teams will get the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, for the Bulls, it all comes down to how the refs call the game. If they let them play, the Bulls have a shot (not to win the series, just another game), if not they don't.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were banned for being: and I quote "a dick troll" you were also banned because you were proven to have both turnuptheheat and jefe101 screennames.

You were proven to have multi-id's on the very thread that you created to accuse CL of having multi-id's.

Your attempts to deflect and place blame on others does not change any of the above.

Hopefully, you will learn and you will go back to being the turnup that I could actually have a decent conversation with. Until then, I'm back to skipping over your posts and not responding to you.

I have absolutely no problem with you. We were cool until you got IMO over the edge defensive when we were discusing if an 8 seed had better chance to win a round then the Heat did of repeating.

I proved statistically that I was right. As far as this season, since all 4 8 seeds are gone in round 1 and the Heat is still playing, how can you say I wasn't correct?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those words were written to me in repsonse to a question I asked.
Like I said, and for the last time. It's their site. They own it. They don't have to answer any question they choose not to answer. They can call me, you or anyone here whatever they want, whenever they want.
If you don't like it. Don't agree to it. Don't log on.
Nobody is putting a gun to our head.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO @ "he's ending it". i've already heard that lie before. this clown won't stop and we BOTH know it. let him keep making an ass out of himself. it makes for entertaining reading...:laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a lot of complaining about the referees but in the end, it isn;t like the referees decided the outcome of the game. The referees have a hard task of keeping the game under control. A shove here and there can get ugly. Like I mentioned before, physicality is a double edged sword and if a team relies too much on physicality, it won't look good in the eyes of the referees. Shaq used to be the recipient of a lot of those hard fouls. Unlike Shaq who gets fouled when he jumps up, Lebron is in an even more precarious situation where someone has to tackle him when he is running full speed. That can be frustrating. That is also dangerous. I don;t see Durant or Kobe being tackled or wrapped up as much as Lebron.

I agree for the most part. I don't blame refs for losses, because that's lame. The one thing that I will say is that I agree with JVG, the refs should call what they see, not what they anticipate or in an attempt to prevent a bigger problem. Just call the game as it's played and let the players adjust.

As for Lebron getting fouled harder than Kobe or Durant. That's because Lebron is bigger, stronger and weighs a good bit more. The point of wrapping a guy up is to keep him from scoring and getting the And 1!!

Because Lebron is bigger and stronger, a defender has to wrap him up more to prevent him from scoring anyway (and he still seems to manage to score anyway fairly often).

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I have absolutely no problem with you. We were cool until you got IMO over the edge defensive when we were discusing if an 8 seed had better chance to win a round then the Heat did of repeating.

I proved statistically that I was right. As far as this season, since all 4 8 seeds are gone in round 1 and the Heat is still playing, how can you say I wasn't correct?

This is exactly why I will not be responding to you after this. The entire point of that conversation was that repeating as champion is extremely difficult. You chose to try and take one example and twist into something that it wasn't in an attempt to desperately cling to something you said that was disagreed with and shown to be incorrect.

The fact that you continue to beat this dead horse and the fact that among the first things that you did when you joined this site was to stir up trouble shows that you have learned nothing and why it seems that you are no longer capable of having a decent conversation.

It doesn't matter what anyone says to you or what facts that you are shown. If someone disagrees with you, you think they are wrong and twist whatever you have to or make ridiculous statements rather than simply admit you were wrong or agree to disagree. The fact that you are still trying bringing that conversation up proves it.

So go ahead and think whatever you want about me getting over the top defensive. It's what narcissists do rather than acknowledge their own shortcomings.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly why I will not be responding to you after this. The entire point of that conversation was that repeating as champion is extremely difficult. You chose to try and take one example and twist into something that it wasn't in an attempt to desperately cling to something you said that was disagreed with and shown to be incorrect.

The fact that you continue to beat this dead horse and the fact that among the first things that you did when you joined this site was to stir up trouble shows that you have learned nothing and why it seems that you are no longer capable of having a decent conversation.

It doesn't matter what anyone says to you or what facts that you are shown. If someone disagrees with you, you think they are wrong and twist whatever you have to or make ridiculous statements rather than simply admit you were wrong or agree to disagree. The fact that you are still trying bringing that conversation up proves it.

So go ahead and think whatever you want about me getting over the top defensive. It's what narcissists do rather than acknowledge their own shortcomings.

Simply not true.
I know repeating in any sport is very difficult.
You can act like a child and say the same old nonsensical things, or you can actually remember what the debate was about and grow up.

If you need refreshing, it was a discussion between me and Jefe about the above scenario.
Thats when you decided to jump in and say that his HOPE( at that time we thought the Lakers were fighting for the 8 seed) of the Lakers advancing past round one had as good of chance of my hope which is the Heat reapeating

FACT was, and still is, is that a team has a better chance to repeat then an 8 seed does to make it out of round 1.

heatmyshorts

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree for the most part. I don't blame refs for losses, because that's lame. The one thing that I will say is that I agree with JVG, the refs should call what they see, not what they anticipate or in an attempt to prevent a bigger problem. Just call the game as it's played and let the players adjust.

As for Lebron getting fouled harder than Kobe or Durant. That's because Lebron is bigger, stronger and weighs a good bit more. The point of wrapping a guy up is to keep him from scoring and getting the And 1!!

Because Lebron is bigger and stronger, a defender has to wrap him up more to prevent him from scoring anyway (and he still seems to manage to score anyway fairly often).

That is ideal. But tempers seem to flare up rather quickly and things can get ugly rather quickly. The Bulls can ill afford to have players ejected. A lot of people want the Bulls to get into Lebron's head, but that tactic won't usually work with the reputations Noah and Gibson have. The best way for the Bulls to succeed is not to play physical in the defensive end but rather be physical in protecting their shooters. If they protect Robinson or Butler in their drives rather than trying to get into each other's heads, then they have a better chance of winning. They place to much trust in defending through physicality that they forget they have capable shooters and penetrators like Robinson and Butler to protect.

Either way, the Bulls are showing what it takes to win despite the lack of star power. That is believing in themselves as a team and enforcing their identity.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LIKE I SAID PREVIOUSLY-The BULLS SHOULD NOT GET ANY IDEAS -ABOUT WINNING THIS SERIES.
THE HEAT WINS GAME 4 ON SUNDAY--THIS SERIES IS OVER--ROVER.
HEAT WILL WIN GAME 4. WORD

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're a good dude, TF12. but i have no clue why you bother. Turnip's a lost cause...and that's putting it NICELY...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is ideal. But tempers seem to flare up rather quickly and things can get ugly rather quickly. The Bulls can ill afford to have players ejected. A lot of people want the Bulls to get into Lebron's head, but that tactic won't usually work with the reputations Noah and Gibson have. The best way for the Bulls to succeed is not to play physical in the defensive end but rather be physical in protecting their shooters. If they protect Robinson or Butler in their drives rather than trying to get into each other's heads, then they have a better chance of winning. They place to much trust in defending through physicality that they forget they have capable shooters and penetrators like Robinson and Butler to protect.

Either way, the Bulls are showing what it takes to win despite the lack of star power. That is believing in themselves as a team and enforcing their identity.

:agree: Well said!! The Bulls identity is tough and gritty defense and with all of the players they have out, it has to be even moreso. However, as you point out, they would be better served to save some of that toughness and grit for the offensive end of the floor!!