• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Heading to Los Angeles

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we will find out on January 28th on what St louis will offer. If Kreonke doesnt like the offer, the 10 year lease will be a year to year. He will then request a move to the NFL. He holds all of the cards here! Its really up to St Louis to up the ante!

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they will have to if they really want to keep the Rams. In a time when the value of franchises is skyrocketing, Kroenke isn't going to sit around and watch his mediocre valued team not make any money from parking and not get as big of a piece of pie from concessions because the CVC is taking a bite first. If he builds his own stadium, he gets all of the profits. He is a businessman, not a Daniel Snyder fanboy.

Rambulance

MuscleBear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen speculation that a move to LA would immediately improve the franchise value to almost $2 Billion. They are currently the lowest valued NFL team at $930 Million.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This attempted postering by St Louis is a formality. If you owned the Rams and you understood that your franchise value is going from $930 million to nearly $2 billion by moving your toy back to its historical hometown, do you really think the offer by St Louis is going to remotely provide the same increase in value? Hell no. Kroneke knows this and has already made his decision and I am fairly certain it is final.

Face it folks. St Louis cannot provide ANY scenario that is going to provide the increase in value of the one I just outlined, new stadium or not because inherent in that increased value is the calculations that include the market value potential of St Louis versus LA. There is a reason they call LA a MAJOR market versus St Louis and the inherent market value of that arena in LA versus St Louis.

As I have stated back in 2013, the Rams are gone to LA.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure his goal is to get a new stadium in both spots and have an NFL team in both spots.

Oh Clayton, I love having hope, but that is not reasonable.If the Rams leave St Louis, they will NEVER have another NFL team. Shad Khan was our last hope at a Plan B but he is in a nice 20 year lease with a major stadium upgrades. He is not leaving for St Louis. Only 2 options really for St Louis to keep a team at this point. Either Kroenke gets what he wants in St Louis and the Rams stay or Kroenke sells the Rams to a local owner and the Rams stay. That is it.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This attempted postering by St Louis is a formality. If you owned the Rams and you understood that your franchise value is going from $930 million to nearly $2 billion by moving your toy back to its historical hometown, do you really think the offer by St Louis is going to remotely provide the same increase in value? Hell no. Kroneke knows this and has already made his decision and I am fairly certain it is final.

Face it folks. St Louis cannot provide ANY scenario that is going to provide the increase in value of the one I just outlined, new stadium or not because inherent in that increased value is the calculations that include the market value potential of St Louis versus LA. There is a reason they call LA a MAJOR market versus St Louis and the inherent market value of that arena in LA versus St Louis.

As I have stated back in 2013, the Rams are gone to LA.

That may be true if they stay in St. Louis they will never be worth 2 billion. but by NFL Rules that shouldn't matter as long as they make a legit effert to build a new stadium. or no smaller city team would survive. It's in the nfl by laws to protect from things like this. The problem is the NFL can bend or break those rules if they feel like it unfortunately. That's what we don't know yet how exactly does the nfl feel about this. Did Stan go behind their back and announce this and piss some people off? How can they really justify moving back to LA if St. Louis comes up with a new stadium and legit plan to move out of a city that they are already in?? That would be Fuk up

Last edited by a moderator:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good example of the NFL bending rules when it benefits them is a nfl owner is not suppose to own other professional sport teams like Stan does. That's a clear violation of NFL rules but the NFL has let it slide for years now. But if he pisses the nfl off enough they could start enforcing it and use it against him.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny I'm already trying to cling on. I know the NFL is going to do whatever makes them the most money. I don't trust them what so ever to follow their own guidelines. I know it doesn't look good for St. Louis.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya man it sucks. I remember going thru the same thing in 94

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure his goal is to get a new stadium in both spots and have an NFL team in both spots.

Oh Clayton, I love having hope, but that is not reasonable.If the Rams leave St Louis, they will NEVER have another NFL team. Shad Khan was our last hope at a Plan B but he is in a nice 20 year lease with a major stadium upgrades. He is not leaving for St Louis. Only 2 options really for St Louis to keep a team at this point. Either Kroenke gets what he wants in St Louis and the Rams stay or Kroenke sells the Rams to a local owner and the Rams stay. That is it.
Kroenke generally tries to get money out of every end of a deal and he has lots of interests in STL (and a lot of business partners) that he isnt going to want to completely short. He also has a lot of money so he can just sit and twirl on major properties.

Most likely scenario is that STL will offer some sort of sweetheart deal at the last second, it still probably wont be good enough to keep the team there, Rams move to LA with Kroenke, his buddies in STL start fishing for a team to come in and STL will probably work out a deal to move Chargers/Raiders/Vikings/random unknown team in 4-10 years. I do think its possible that MO keeps the team but its probably less likely than a move at this point.

The big thing about LA being vacant was that is was the 'big threat' that got everyone to renovate their stadiums. If LA gets a team, the other owners lose a lot of leverage so I dont buy the notion that STL will remain empty. The STL Rams have the smallest fanbase for a reason. The Rams have sucked since the Greatest Show on Turf and they dont have a massive history here. LA will put up with the Rams sucking for a couple of years but they'll also bail at some point because the Dodgers, Lakers, Angels, UCLA, USC and Kings are all legit competition.

For the Rams to have real value, they need to start winning

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kroenke generally tries to get money out of every end of a deal and he has lots of interests in STL (and a lot of business partners) that he isnt going to want to completely short. He also has a lot of money so he can just sit and twirl on major properties.

Most likely scenario is that STL will offer some sort of sweetheart deal at the last second, it still probably wont be good enough to keep the team there, Rams move to LA with Kroenke, his buddies in STL start fishing for a team to come in and STL will probably work out a deal to move Chargers/Raiders/Vikings/random unknown team in 4-10 years. I do think its possible that MO keeps the team but its probably less likely than a move at this point.

The big thing about LA being vacant was that is was the 'big threat' that got everyone to renovate their stadiums. If LA gets a team, the other owners lose a lot of leverage so I dont buy the notion that STL will remain empty. The STL Rams have the smallest fanbase for a reason. The Rams have sucked since the Greatest Show on Turf and they dont have a massive history here. LA will put up with the Rams sucking for a couple of years but they'll also bail at some point because the Dodgers, Lakers, Angels, UCLA, USC and Kings are all legit competition.

For the Rams to have real value, they need to start winning

even with the horrible years the rams have put on the field for the last decade we still filled the dome to 88% capacity last year. attendance really doest matter to much to the owners. if they didn't sell one ticket they would still make money with the tv deals they have.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, winning helps the market dynamics and the club value to a degree but you and Cougar appear to have missed the point of the OP. The market value of both cities is the primary determinant for the move. Once again, if the Rams value goes from $930 million (and this is with a superbowl trophy won in St Louis) to nearly $2 billion, which place would you choose?

There is a complex algorithm that includes all the variables that contribute to those figures I mentioned. What either of you are suggesting is the value is based primarily on whether they win or whether the Kroneke abides by NFL by-laws. Winning certainly helps but the market value moving to LA automatically increases the value of the franchise because of the market value potential of the cities themselves. LA's higher, St Louis' isn't.

So Kroneke is gone to LA no matter what he gets from St Louis because the conflagaration of factors assures him of an nearly immediate increase in value. And Cougar, the NFL is not going to put up too much of a fuss in 2016 when Goodell wants a team in LA. St Louis may or may not get one later but I doubt they will for the same reasons I have already alluded to in this discussion.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Kroneke is gone to LA no matter what he gets from St Louis because the conflagaration of factors assures him of an nearly immediate increase in value
Well, that is the reason why I suggested it was the most likely scenario.

My comment on winning is more based on the constant barrage by the LA folks about the STL fanbase. I dont think the Rams are going to be a long term hit in LA unless they win. The latinos wont care about the history, the young transplants will have a team from somewhere else, the college students will follow the college teams, the middle class there probably already follows the Niners (rivals so they wont switch), Raiders (hardcore fans so they wont switch) or Chargers. Kroenke might get his value then sell.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Rams get a bad ass stadium. My guess is STL will pinch pennies and they will leave tho. That's what STL does.

I think many Rams fans in STL are pretty fed up with the Rams and could care less if they leave. Do I blame them? Not really because the product has been so bad, but they are improving and are building something on Defense especially.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a possibility Clayton. He has been known to be interested in the Broncos since Canada boy has dementia and the family wants to sell. Since the NFL is adamant about owning two NFL franchises (one rule they enforce to the letter), Kroneke could sell the Rams in two years while buying the Broncos. Or, they could do a swap and move which has happened to the Rams before.

The Bolen family could sell the Broncos to Kroneke and he then sell the Rams to leave them in LA to an as of yet unknown third party or move them to Denver to be sold by the Bolen family to an as of yet unknown third party. When you start getting into all of the what ifs, it can getting pretty complex pretty fast.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too SJ76. The Rams have worn out their welcome in St Louis. They have been so crappy for at least the last decade that folks are just tired of their BS.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That too SJ76. The Rams have worn out their welcome in St Louis. They have been so crappy for at least the last decade that folks are just tired of their BS.
Its a combination of about 5 things on top of the Rams being bad for awhile: the STL Cardinals have been really good, the STL Blues have been decent and improving, Mizzou has been decent and improving, the Chiefs have been above average, Bradford going down again in the hardest division in the NFL and our idiot WRs did the hands up dont shoot stunt.

The reality is that most of the older people in the area grew up with the Chiefs and most of the younger people are too young to remember the Super Bowl run. People really want to like the Rams but they cant get out of their own way

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think we are tired of the rams as much as the secret never seen Stan. always feeling like he was up to something behind our back and now he has made his intention apparent. the rams fans still came out to the stadium which is pretty amazing. like you said they have been terrible for so long.