• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks in talks with Sixers for Teague and Noel

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but Golden State's not in the East. :lol:

Great point.

I think you guys are going full rebuild.

Not a bad idea when you consider how much you will have to pay your free agents.

I feel bad for Milsap.

We would be happy to take him off your hands as a gesture of good will :D

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it is worth pointing out that if we were to acquire Covington, it implies that we're unlikely to re-sign Bazemore, seeing as Covington has similar stats and isn't about to be an unrestricted free agent looking to get paid.

I like this trade for ATL.

I know I'm in the minority.

But, I think Schroeder will be a stud once he gets that Reggie Jackson mentality under control.

He was trying way to hard to prove he was a starter.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point.

I think you guys are going full rebuild.

Not a bad idea when you consider how much you will have to pay your free agents.

I feel bad for Milsap.

We would be happy to take him off your hands as a gesture of good will :D

That might be what they're doing, which is okay. If we are going full rebuild, the roster will be:

Schroeder
Stauskas (regardless of whether or not we trade Korver)
Covington
Millsap
Noel

That could be a great team if the talent comes together.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this trade for ATL.

I know I'm in the minority.

But, I think Schroeder will be a stud once he gets that Reggie Jackson mentality under control.

He was trying way to hard to prove he was a starter.

I've been on the Schroeder bandwagon since last year. I'm raring to see what's he got next season.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was the last piece for a contender, yeah....I'd max him.

Otherwise......tough pill to swallow.

Sometimes Teams have to overpay the first guy, just to get the ball rolling in attracting other free agents.

This is what I worry about. But maybe now that Danny and Brad are sewn up for another 6 years they dont need to get desperate. I agree with others that Horford is not a max deal.

FYI I think Milsap and Schroeder are who Atlanta should use as the nucleus

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he was the last piece for a contender, yeah....I'd max him.

Otherwise......tough pill to swallow.

Sometimes Teams have to overpay the first guy, just to get the ball rolling in attracting other free agents.

This is what I worry about. But maybe now that Danny and Brad are sewn up for another 6 years they dont need to get desperate. I agree with others that Horford is not a max deal.

FYI I think Milsap and Schroeder are who Atlanta should use as the nucleus

Noel will be a nice piece too. Covington will make a suitable and cheap replacement for Bazemore. The only thing I'm unsure of is Stauskas, but that is only because I know very little about him and don't know if he is worth trading Korver for.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm puzzled that we haven't heard anything about what other players Atlanta is offering the Sixers. The Sixers can't possibly be giving up Noel, Covington, and Stauksas for Teague and only Teague, right? :noidea:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm puzzled that we haven't heard anything about what other players Atlanta is offering the Sixers. The Sixers can't possibly be giving up Noel, Covington, and Stauksas for Teague and only Teague, right? :noidea:

From what I read, they are pumping Noel and Okafor to about 15 different teams gauging interest.

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noel will be a nice piece too. Covington will make a suitable and cheap replacement for Bazemore. The only thing I'm unsure of is Stauskas, but that is only because I know very little about him and don't know if he is worth trading Korver for.
I saw his rookie year with the Kings. Nice guy but Stauskas is afraid to shoot the ball. Passes up shots way too much.

Also, he doesn't have a drivers license. Seriously.. how does one not have one?

ChrisWebber

Changed my password to "incorrect"
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw his rookie year with the Kings. Nice guy but Stauskas is afraid to shoot the ball. Passes up shots way too much.

Also forgot to add. He has some decent hops, great at slashing and his best attribute is his ball handling. If he weren't so afraid to shoot the ball, he would be a decent player.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hopefully, the Hawks will change that.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers aren't trading Noel for just Teague ... much less Noel & Covington for Teague. Noel is young and could easily develop into one of the best Defensive players in the league. Teague would make a nice "short term" vet Point, but Noel is worth more than just Teague back in trade.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers aren't trading Noel for just Teague ... much less Noel & Covington for Teague. Noel is young and could easily develop into one of the best Defensive players in the league. Teague would make a nice "short term" vet Point, but Noel is worth more than just Teague back in trade.

That's what I'm thinking too. I have a feeling a first rounder from the Hawks will be involved in this trade.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this trade looks good in theory for the Sixers, who desperately need a PG, I don't think Teague is the way to go about getting that PG. I'd much rather trade Noel/Okafor for the #3 pick. Honestly Teague wasn't that much better than what Ish Smith gave the Sixers after arriving.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this trade looks good in theory for the Sixers, who desperately need a PG, I don't think Teague is the way to go about getting that PG. I'd much rather trade Noel/Okafor for the #3 pick. Honestly Teague wasn't that much better than what Ish Smith gave the Sixers after arriving.

The problem for the Sixers is if they were to trade for the #3 pick, they would have would would essentially be a college basketball all-star team with almost no NBA experience.

Now granted, giving up a still young player who plays strong D and could improve his offense for a 1 year rental of a good PG doesn't seem like such a great deal.

For the Sixers I would think Covington and the 2 late round 1sts they have would make more sense.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem for the Sixers is if they were to trade for the #3 pick, they would have would would essentially be a college basketball all-star team with almost no NBA experience.

Now granted, giving up a still young player who plays strong D and could improve his offense for a 1 year rental of a good PG doesn't seem like such a great deal.

For the Sixers I would think Covington and the 2 late round 1sts they have would make more sense.

That's really what it comes down to. Giving up a young player(Noel/Okafor) for a one year rental isn't the way to go. If they are going to trade Noel/Okafor, I would much rather them do it for the #3 pick(presumably Dunn). While that would still leave the Sixers without a veteran presence, the opportunity to grow together is appealing to me from a fan perspective.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague is just gonna be available next year. If the Sixers really want him, then wait. Don't trade Noel for a 1 year rental. They can get a lot better deals for Noel than him anyways.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague killed his trade value with his tweets yesterday

Hawks are STUCK if they can't move some pieces. If they give Horford max money they deserve to lose in the east forever. That's just admitting you love mediocrity.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sixers aren't the brightest organization around.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixers could just sign Brandon Jennings if they need a PG. Rather than trade Noel for one.