• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks in talks with Sixers for Teague and Noel

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Link.

It would also probably involve more players than just Teague and Noel.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers are going to trade Noel, then they'll stick with Okafor at PF and Embiid at C right?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sixers are going to trade Noel, then they'll stick with Okafor at PF and Embiid at C right?

What about Simmons and Saric?

Strange that they would keep Okafor....unless, Embiid is not gonna be ready.

Okafor is not a 4.

I think he's too slow.

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Simmons and Saric?

Strange that they would keep Okafor....unless, Embiid is not gonna be ready.

Okafor is not a 4.

I think he's too slow.
Simmons would most probably play 3. I don't know for Saric tbh

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons would most probably play 3. I don't know for Saric tbh

He's a 4...this is his bio

Saric's blend of 6'10" size and wing-like foot speed spells offensive mismatch in the pros. He's not explosive or overly athletic, but he's too agile and shifty for guys his size.

Saric does lack strength and length, which for the most part limits his defensive potential. He might have a tough time banging down low with bulkier bigs, and he could struggle against quicker and more explosive wings on the perimeter.

However, his physical tools should work just fine on offense, where he's got the size to play the 4 and the mobility to play the wing.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think of all the money you'll save by not having to max Horford.

One of my first thoughts was precisely that. Unless this trade involves Millsap, then it implies that we have no intention of re-signing Horford.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of my first thoughts was precisely that. Unless this trade involves Millsap, then it implies that we have no intention of re-signing Horford.

Philly trading Okafor or Noel to Boston for #3 made the most sense..Philly could have drafted Dunn.

But, I'm hearing the Celtics are gonna take Bender.

Maybe the Hawks know Horford is out, maybe Boston is on his list of teams.

Are you okay with the Hawks blowing it up?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly trading Okafor or Noel to Boston for #3 made the most sense..Philly could have drafted Dunn.

Maybe the Hawks know Horford is out, maybe Boston is on his list of teams.

Are you okay with the Hawks blowing it up?

This could be a move for the Durant sweepstakes, I think. I believe Noel would do very well on an already solid team like the Hawks, and having him on the team, in addition to trading Teague (and hopefully Splitter, as well) will free up a ton of cap space. We would definitely have the money to get him here.

Or maybe they're talking to us about giving us Okafor as well for Millsap. In that case, it would be rebuild mode, and I would be happy with it because a team of Noel, Okafor, Bazemore, and Schroeder would be very good in the future.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL must think Horford isn't coming back because that trade is wack even if they stock up on some of Philly's 500 draft picks they have this year. Noel is still to raw. I'd make them throw in the rights to Saric. A package of Noel + picks just seems like a loss

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL must think Horford isn't coming back because that trade is wack even if they stock up on some of Philly's 500 draft picks they have this year. Noel is still to raw. I'd make them throw in the rights to Saric. A package of Noel + picks just seems like a loss

I'd consider it a gain in the long term, especially since it would put us in the running for Durant. Awful lot of cap space with Teague and Horford gone. In addition, we're also probably going to trade Splitter, or at least we ought to. I liked Humphries late this year.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teague is a guy I like, he'd be a good pickup for Philly.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca that is getting lots of press here. Just saw an article which claims he has more upside than Ingram/Simmons, but its 2 to 3 years out. I dont believe it, but if it makes the 3rd pick worth more value I will propogate that argument. I want Butler.

Now with regards to Horford, the deal certainly looks like he is on the way out. But is he a max player? really?

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mecca that is getting lots of press here. Just saw an article which claims he has more upside than Ingram/Simmons, but its 2 to 3 years out. I dont believe it, but if it makes the 3rd pick worth more value I will propogate that argument. I want Butler.

Now with regards to Horford, the deal certainly looks like he is on the way out. But is he a max player? really?

I can tell you as someone that's watched him for a long time that he is definitely not a max player. He's a solid and versatile PF/C to have, but he's not someone you mortgage your future on with a max contract.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More details have been revealed as to what other players this trade could involve. These players, according to ESPN, as per the Philadelphia Inquirer are Robert Covington and Nik Stauksas. However, no details about what other players the Hawks would include were given. I cannot imagine that we would give them solely Teague. Since they're giving us their shooting guard, I imagine either Hardaway Jr. or Korver would be part of this deal, as well as Splitter.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, it is worth pointing out that if we were to acquire Covington, it implies that we're unlikely to re-sign Bazemore, seeing as Covington has similar stats and isn't about to be an unrestricted free agent looking to get paid.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he was the last piece for a contender, yeah....I'd max him.

Otherwise......tough pill to swallow.

Sometimes Teams have to overpay the first guy, just to get the ball rolling in attracting other free agents.

* see Chandler Parsons

I have been reading great things about Bender. But, like you said, he's a few years away.

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't think Durant is coming.

That Team isn't better than the Thunder.

Maybe, but Golden State's not in the East. :lol: