• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

hawks cap situation

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
nothing flyers related here, but thought this was interesting...

hawks apparently had lots of player bonuses after the 2009-10 season which put them over the higher limit for the cap and as a result are being punished by having 4 mil taken away from their salary cap limit for the upcoming season..meaning they are now 4 mil over the cap as of right now. which means buh-bye patrick sharp and probably someone else. just amazing to see how that team is being absolutely gutted by the salary cap. we complain about our cap constraints, but in reality i think we owe holmgren at least SOME credit..we have the best 1-7 defense in the leauge as well as one of the top 3 forward groups from 1-9 in the league and yet we still are somehow 8K under the cap.. and with boucher off the books and a prospect filling in for league minimum at goalie next year, we will have enough money to be able to resign carter, giroux and one of leino or zherdev next year, and if we crunch our numbers well enough, maybe even both.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I MHO, capeek.com has the best breakdown of this. I think 9 teams were hit with cap penalties from last year with the Hawks getting the worst. They just add the penalty into the cap figgure like a players salary. I think it was mostly Kane and JT that crushed them. If nothing else changes for this year, it looks like we would for about an $800k penalty next year.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yeah cap geek is an incredible rescource. and its nice to see that the flyers werent one of the teams being punished this season and losing cap space

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
nothing flyers related here, but thought this was interesting...

hawks apparently had lots of player bonuses after the 2009-10 season which put them over the higher limit for the cap and as a result are being punished by having 4 mil taken away from their salary cap limit for the upcoming season..meaning they are now 4 mil over the cap as of right now. which means buh-bye patrick sharp and probably someone else. just amazing to see how that team is being absolutely gutted by the salary cap. we complain about our cap constraints, but in reality i think we owe holmgren at least SOME credit..we have the best 1-7 defense in the leauge as well as one of the top 3 forward groups from 1-9 in the league and yet we still are somehow 8K under the cap.. and with boucher off the books and a prospect filling in for league minimum at goalie next year, we will have enough money to be able to resign carter, giroux and one of leino or zherdev next year, and if we crunch our numbers well enough, maybe even both.

they are OK if they waive Huet and bring up Crawfod. By OK, I mean that they can't afford anyone over 500k on their 3rd and 4th lines, but will be able to field a team at least.