• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks at Panthers - Divisional Round

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beast is back. They asked him about his status for the Panther game and he texted "I'm Ready".

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beast is back. They asked him about his status for the Panther game and he texted "I'm Ready".
And overnight the money poured in to Vegas because of this tweet. The line moved from +2.5 to +1 before morning. It has since leveled off today. The sharps like to wait until the last minute, but are they leaning Seattle? Line could still move before kickoff on Sunday morning.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And overnight the money poured in to Vegas because of this tweet. The line moved from +2.5 to +1 before morning. It has since leveled off today. The sharps like to wait until the last minute, but are they leaning Seattle? Line could still move before kickoff on Sunday morning.

Whoa, wait, are you saying Seattle is the favorite in Vegas? That would be crazy.

**Edit** Nevermind, you are saying Carolina is a 1 point favorite right? I'm not a vegas gambler so that always cofuses me a bit. Still if we are only a one point dog I guess that means Vegas likes us since usually the home team gets about 3 points right off the bat.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, wait, are you saying Seattle is the favorite in Vegas? That would be crazy.
No, I would have said -1, not 1.
The line opened up Carolina -3, shifted to around -2.5 during the week, and then jumped to Carolina -1 overnight on the news that Lynch says he's ready.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there are any sharps holding back that line could shift to a pick'em, but I'm thinking it probably doesn't move much. That may well have been some of the sharp money last night.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would have said -1, not 1.
The line opened up Carolina -3, shifted to around -2.5 during the week, and then jumped to Carolina -1 overnight on the news that Lynch says he's ready.

Ya, sorry, I tried to edit my post but you were too quick.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this is a tight slugfest most of the game, just like we expect, but a 2nd half deep ball connection to Lockett is going to bust it open. 27-16, Hawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking this is a tight slugfest most of the game, just like we expect, but a 2nd half deep ball connection to Lockett is going to bust it open. 27-16, Hawks.
Mmmm that is how I see it also. Great minds and all:thumb:

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play for each other, we play for are brothers. Opening quote form KAM.

Holds out first two games of the regular season... because its good for the team right??:L

:nono:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play for each other, we play for are brothers. Opening quote form KAM.

Holds out first two games of the regular season... because its good for the team right??:L

Hopefully the team won't follow your lead here.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We play for each other, we play for our brothers. Opening quote form KAM.

That's not really the troubling part of that continued line some of them use. When Sherman says it it's also followed by how frustrated they are with the 12's and the shit we all said when they were struggling through the middle of the season. They all act now like they are all they have.

In other news, the line has bounced back a bit in late action tonight. Some of the sharps are bringing the line back to Carolina a bit. It's somewhere between 1.5 and 2 at most of the books. In fact few have the same number. Hell, Bovada has been at 3 the entire week and never moved the line.

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the 1st Carolina game, and if we don't make so many stupid penalties, especially in the first half on good runs by Marshawn(holding penalty on Okung and a ticky tacky pulling a player off the pile that Marshawn had just pushed an extra five yards in Beastmode style) and contain Cam to passing I think we'll be in good shape. Our D certainly ought to be better with Wagner back and Cary Williams replaced by Shead and Lane.

BTW, what's with early games starting at 10 on Sunday, instead of Saturday? I asked Clayton about this on his radio show today and pointed out how much of a audience the advertisers would be losing by people like me who attend church on Sundays. He gave me a really lame answer about not wanting the games to go intom primetime on Sunday, I pointed out that no other shows have ratings like the NFL does, so what would it matter? And if I'd been sharp I shoulda pointed out the NFL had a Primetime game every Sunday starting at 5:30 PST.

Sure hope we have a short sermon tomorrow! {;-)

droider

Human NFL Almanac and College Football Insider
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really hoping Luke Willson can play, almost as important as Lynch

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard you call ans his answer was BS. It makes zero sense to have any 10am playoff games. Why would they NOT want a sunday night playoff game???

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rewatching the 1st Carolina game, and if we don't make so many stupid penalties, especially in the first half on good runs by Marshawn(holding penalty on Okung and a ticky tacky pulling a player off the pile that Marshawn had just pushed an extra five yards in Beastmode style) and contain Cam to passing I think we'll be in good shape. Our D certainly ought to be better with Wagner back and Cary Williams replaced by Shead and Lane.

BTW, what's with early games starting at 10 on Sunday, instead of Saturday? I asked Clayton about this on his radio show today and pointed out how much of a audience the advertisers would be losing by people like me who attend church on Sundays. He gave me a really lame answer about not wanting the games to go intom primetime on Sunday, I pointed out that no other shows have ratings like the NFL does, so what would it matter? And if I'd been sharp I shoulda pointed out the NFL had a Primetime game every Sunday starting at 5:30 PST.

Sure hope we have a short sermon tomorrow! {;-)

Adding to that, you'd think they'd want the game featuring the team with the best record in the league and the defending conference champs in a timeslot that more people can tune in to watch. At least if the Hawks advance to the conference championship game again, they can't be stuck playing another 10 AM game. The NFC Championship game is the late game next week at 3:40. Still... the early game is a 12:05 kickoff, which is a hell of a lot better than a 10:05 kickoff.