• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks at Panthers - Divisional Round

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
injury check needed on: Lynch and Luke Wilson. who else?
Willson and Helfet would be nice to have back also. Can't remember our tight end in today's game. (Why I hope those guys come back!) lol

Edit, NM about Willson, see you listed him. Bleh, need food.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay? Where are we getting killed? Underneath. Now we have Olsen to worry about. The dude's the best TE in the league. Kam needs to focus on his fundamentals and worry about defending.

They held a team to no major scores in a playoff game.

Take a breath, enjoy the day. Or don't. (who am I kidding? amirite?)

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Russell Wilson comes out and throws an accurate ball from the start, then we're looking at this game completely differently. Our defense gave us this win - and Kam Chancellor, as much as that last drive didn't look good, is a main reason the game was 10-9 to begin with.

Now, I am no Chancellor apologist, as I would have been just as happy if McCray had been playing with how he's performed of late, but the dude makes some bad plays, and he makes up for it with big ones. It's the story of the entire defense. Avril gets roughing the passer - drops Peterson for 7 yard loss 2 plays later. Bennett offside, humiliates the Vikings' line the rest of the half.

Our defense shut down their offense all day - and didn't give up more than 37 yards on any 1 drive. Minnesota benefited from some penalties (5 for 1st downs) but other than that, this defense left them impotent. The miss was surprising, but these things happen, as this is the second time the Seahawks have won a Wild Card game on an opponents botched chip shot.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect a firestorm on the boards this week boys. As flat as we looked today there are going to be slews of haters guaranteeing a Seattle loss coming and telling how badly Cam is going to utterly destroy us.

Trust me, it's coming. We have no chance at all. It's going to be a blood bath. It's all you are going to see this coming week. Don't get too defensive and wrapped up in it. Just take note of it all and be ready to show them their words when the game is over.
Please remember! We are the worst franchise in history and also have the worst fans in the history of the game.

Carry on.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe now they will get their head out of their collective asses. Sometimes you need a little luck to get back to the big game and they may have used it all up today.
We may have even borrowed a little from the future.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as bad as our O was today, i see them coming out firing next week.

panthers are a good team, no doubt, but they have probably had the cup cake of all cup cake schedules. it really takes the cup cake.

id also like to point out the panthers history of blowing the divisional round, lost to the cards in i think 09 and lost to the niners in 13.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. He pushed him. If he wouldn't have pushed him it might not have been a flag, but if you extend your arms on a guy past 5 yards running a route then you're going to get flagged. Dumb play.

2. It's the NFL. It's a game of inches. And he missed him by a mile in NFL terms. And he's been like that all year. He's been a minus safety for us. Sure, he's had his big moments on turnovers but when it comes to doing his job play in and play out he's been awful. He used to patrol the middle. Now it's the softest part of our defense.

Yeah, he looked really soft when he stripped AP, setting up the go-ahead FG.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he looked really soft when he stripped AP, setting up the go-ahead FG.

Like I said, he's good for the occasional big play. But play in/play out he's a minus out there. What player have you been watching all season? Do you think he's playing up to his holdout? If there's one peep out of him this offseason they should just part ways. He's looked overpaid for his current contract all season.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as bad as our O was today, i see them coming out firing next week.

panthers are a good team, no doubt, but they have probably had the cup cake of all cup cake schedules. it really takes the cup cake.

id also like to point out the panthers history of blowing the divisional round, lost to the cards in i think 09 and lost to the niners in 13.
and not that it has anything to do with our next game, but Seattle and a Russell Wilson lead team has played at Carolina and their Cam Newton lead team in `12, `13, and `14 going 3-0 and allowing 28 points in total.
Awesome defense!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on the prisoners of the moment.

Next week will be a totally different game in totally different conditions with totally different matchups.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring on the prisoners of the moment.

Next week will be a totally different game in totally different conditions with totally different matchups.

Agree... This game wasn't a very good gauge outside the toughness both teams put on display today in that weather... I will be surprised if the Hawks lose next week...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expect a firestorm on the boards this week boys. As flat as we looked today there are going to be slews of haters guaranteeing a Seattle loss coming and telling how badly Cam is going to utterly destroy us.

Trust me, it's coming. We have no chance at all. It's going to be a blood bath. It's all you are going to see this coming week. Don't get too defensive and wrapped up in it. Just take note of it all and be ready to show them their words when the game is over.

I'll be ready. I'll post the names I see so we can mention there ass and they can get there cuffmins (sp) WHEN we win next week

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as the communication goes, I have to believe that the cold weather had an effect on the equipment. This is not a team that typically has trouble with getting the snap off in time, so to have it be such a problem today tells me that there was an issue with the equipment. I would not expect to see that become a problem again next week.

I'm not particularly concerned with the trolls that will be inevitably showing up this week either. I could probably go through a random game thread and find worse things said about this team by frustrated regulars on this board. There will be people who say the Seahawks are lucky to still be playing and quite frankly, they are, but as the saying goes, "Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good". It's a clean slate for the team and at least this week they won't have to worry about extreme weather. It should be a good 50 degrees warmer next Sunday in Charlotte.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 10 day forecast for Charlotte says it'll be 50 as a high on sunday. Totally different ballgame, boys. We'll be able to sling it like normal.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willson and Helfet would be nice to have back also. Can't remember our tight end in today's game. (Why I hope those guys come back!) lol

Edit, NM about Willson, see you listed him. Bleh, need food.

Agreed... I think Willson was missed dearly today... Our current TE's are journeyman guys for a reason... Willson would be huge next week if we could get him back...

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed... I think Willson was missed dearly today... Our current TE's are journeyman guys for a reason... Willson would be huge next week if we could get him back...

As tough as it was to be without Willson again, I think the weather might have played a part in his status for this game. I'm no expert and I could be very wrong about this, but they say that once you've had one concussion, it doesn't take much to become re-concussed and I think sending out a recently concussed person into potentially slippery conditions would not have been a good idea. It might not have even taken a slip-and-fall scenario either. Either way, I imagine he'll be cleared and ready to go next week in much better conditions.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please remember! We are the worst franchise in history and also have the worst fans in the history of the game.

Carry on.

Hey! I've been the #1 Seahawks fan since 2012!!!!!!

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Running backMarshawn Lynch's status will likely be uncertain until kickoff, but the Seahawks escaped the wild-card round without any players suffering serious injuries, coach Pete Carroll said