• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hawks Add Bruce Irvin, Release Stephen Wiliams

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a surprise here adding in Irvin, buy obviously something was needed to be done about the 53-man roster. Are you surprised that Williams is the one that got released?

It didn't really matter much to me, Williams didn't see much play time this season anyway and he had a chance make a spectacular catch a few weeks ago, but didn't.

He also look like he could be a big play threat, so I was surprise he saw limited playing time so far, but I think he was probably gonna be gone sooner or later with Harvin coming off his injury as well mid-season to season-end.

Either way, glad to have you back Bruce!

PS: In order to keep the poaching game going.. let see if the Niners pick up Williams. :whistle:

Last edited by a moderator:

AZhawks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im surprised SW was released. He struggle a bit getting seperation and I think with his speed he would be the one to do so. You are correct, however, as he did not get that much playing time, which again is surprising to me. :noidea:

My guess is the 9er's pick him up and he burns us in December.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The painful thing about this is the fact that they kept 10 Olineman. Pointing to the fact that Unger is most likely out against the Colts AND top that off Miller also has a shot to miss this game. OUCH.

Will colts here is our JV squad, see if you can beat them.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea I think I would be shocked if he doesnt end up a Niner. Thats what sucks.

But yeah glass half full, Im hoping this means they like the way Harvin is progressing and hopefully can see him in a few weeks.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Irvin still going to be playing the DE position? I heard they were moving him to an OLB position, but that was before the year started. Anyways, if he's still a DE, i'm not that excited. He gets dominated out there a large part of the time. Most of the sacks he had last year was garbage time sacks. Its nice to have depth at the position, but he's not some awesome player by any stretch of the imagination.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Irvin still going to be playing the DE position? I heard they were moving him to an OLB position, but that was before the year started. Anyways, if he's still a DE, i'm not that excited. He gets dominated out there a large part of the time. Most of the sacks he had last year was garbage time sacks. Its nice to have depth at the position, but he's not some awesome player by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm pretty sure Irvin led all rookies last year in tackles, and he gets some sacks too. The biggest thing he brings is speed. He may not always get to the QB but he's the type of player that will force a QB to make a throw way before he's ready throw it. With Irvin and Clem back plus Avril playing Seahawk ball, and the fact that Bennett wasn't hurt that bad and likely will play this front 7 of ours is looking special. My only concern with Irvin will be rust. It might take him a bit to get back into game speed.

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I dont want to dwell on it, because I dont like him. I never liked him at WV and I dont like him now. I thought he was a terrible pick and a reach. We drafted him to get to the QB and he has all kinds of trouble doing so. Theres a reason he was using PED's. Remember when he had to start in the playoff game against Atlanta? I dont blame you if you dont, because he did absolutly nothing to be remembered by. He got destroyed in that game and was horribly invisible. A draft pick at that position should be an every down player.

Whatever, doesnt matter. As long as we win, I could care less. I wish him the best of luck, but I just cant believe he will be a factor for us.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that he should not be a DE, but we will see how he is at LB.

And most of his sacks were not in garbage time, only one vs Arizona and one versus the jets were when the game was out of reach. No need to make stuff up.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually tzorn, that sack against the jets came in the 3rd with a score of 14-7. Hardly garbage time. So 'most'=1/8.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is our positive.
Irvin has not practiced until this week.
I don't expect him to play fulltime.
Let's see tzorn what he is able to do.
Try, just try tzorn, to make a positive post. I dare you.
We are 4-0, with two road 10am WINS,

YET, you continue to post about something negative that MIGHT happen.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is our positive.

Well he's been waiting and waiting, just could not wait any longer.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys haven't put him on your ignore list yet?

tzorn10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth is our positive.

I'm with you. Seriously, i'm not going to harp on all the negative things anymore. I've changed my ways. I'm happy about the success. I'm also anxious to see what Irvin can do at LB as thats uncharted territory and I feel he could actually be a nice fit there. I've said my peace and I cant wait for game time.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not much of a surprise here adding in Irvin, buy obviously something was needed to be done about the 53-man roster. Are you surprised that Williams is the one that got released?

It didn't really matter much to me, Williams didn't see much play time this season anyway and he had a chance make a spectacular catch a few weeks ago, but didn't.

He also look like he could be a big play threat, so I was surprise he saw limited playing time so far, but I think he was probably gonna be gone sooner or later with Harvin coming off his injury as well mid-season to season-end.

Either way, glad to have you back Bruce!

PS: In order to keep the poaching game going.. let see if the Niners pick up Williams. :whistle:

I was more surprised that McGrath and Allen Bradford were released. Never a fan of Kellen Davis but PC/JS have been so good which is why it was :noidea:

So glad to have Irvin back. He is the perfect LEO playing in more space as Bruce can knife through the line to tackle Richardson in the backfield. He can run a delayed blitz or off the edge and if part of his package, can run with the TE's that have been abusing Malcolm and even KJ at times.

Versatility and speed kills. Irvin has both and am extremely excited to see him in this role. How excited? Extremely!

:yahoo:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Double back flip with football gear on. That's crazy.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick start on the road against a decent football team. I like it!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a TD!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I dont want to dwell on it, because I dont like him. I never liked him at WV and I dont like him now. I thought he was a terrible pick and a reach. We drafted him to get to the QB and he has all kinds of trouble doing so. Theres a reason he was using PED's. Remember when he had to start in the playoff game against Atlanta? I dont blame you if you dont, because he did absolutly nothing to be remembered by. He got destroyed in that game and was horribly invisible. A draft pick at that position should be an every down player.

Whatever, doesnt matter. As long as we win, I could care less. I wish him the best of luck, but I just cant believe he will be a factor for us.

I remember busting your negative anti Seahawk chops on the ESPN boards. I have avoided it for a while on SH, but the time has come again.
I told you before that you are a Seahawk hater, known as trollzorn to me and that you cannot evaluate talent any better than a 4 year old.
Let's see, you are also down on Pete.
We get to cuss in this forum and expect to see that heading in your negative way soon.
4-0 and you search out for things that are wrong...what a douschbag.