• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Having a very difficult time with this new pick....

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have run the mock draft simulator like 15 times now and i am having a real difficult time with the pick at #8.....Here are my issues

1. Ronnie Stanley - Love this guy, but there is no way he makes it to us! There are people saying he may be the best LT in this draft. Yeah you read that right, the best. Word is the Chargers desperately want Stanley as do the Ravens. The Ravens Need O-line help bad! So I see like 10 % chance he is there

2. Joey Bosa - There is just no way, no way this kid makes it to 8. I see Dallas taking him at 4. I wouldn't even be shocked if Cleveland drafted him at 2. maybe 5% chance of making it to us.

3. Jalen Ramsey has 0 chance of making it to us....0

4. Carson Wentz - If Cleveland passes on him he may make it to us....20 % chance

5. DeForest Buckner- I just don't see the 49ers passing on Buckner Chips Boy! Chip loves his Ducks 10%

6. Myles Jack - Chargers, Jags, Cowboys, Ravens could all use this cat.....15% chance he makes it to us

7. We know Tunsil ain't making it to us, he will most likely go #1 overall.

SO our top options are

Jared Goff QB 50% chance he is there
Ezekiel Elliott RB 90% chance he is there
Noah Spence DE 90% chance he is there
Shaq Lawson DE 90% chance he is there
Mackensie Alexander Cb 90% chance he is there
Vernon Hargreaves CB 90% chance he is there
LaQuon Treadwell WR 90% chance he is there

We really really could use Treadwell, which Rey had in his original Mock.

WR is thin in this draft, and Treadwell is a T.O. type WR....Elliott is sick sick sick, but a rb in rd 1? Man that's even tougher to swallow as a top 10 pick. Spence is sick, but has a troubled past, high risk high reward there...Lawson is very good, not so great i would take him at 8. Mackensie Alexander I love as well as Hargreaves so i'd be fine with either of them.

IMO, after running the simulator a ton of times, I think Rey's original Mock of us selecting Treadwell makes the most sense. WR is a HUGE HUGE need for us, and it is not a good draft for the position. truth be told we should be selecting 2 Wr's in the first 4 rounds. In round 3 we absolutely have to get one of these 3 Guards in rd 3 Josh Garnett, Vadal Alexander or Graham Glasgow, I think rd 3 may be where we want to grab our rb as well. Kenneth Dixon fits an Andy Reid system perfectly, so i imagine he would fit Pedersons as well. But when you run that simulator, you will see by rd 5 there is not much as far as our "NEED" positions, so an O-tackle can not be selected past rd 4. We have the first pick in rd 4, so that may be the spot we get our OT. At this point the only way I see us not taking Treadwell is if Goff or Stanley happen to fall. Thoughts?

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just asking...what could we get for trading down from that spot?

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have run the mock draft simulator like 15 times now and i am having a real difficult time with the pick at #8.....Here are my issues

1. Ronnie Stanley - Love this guy, but there is no way he makes it to us! There are people saying he may be the best LT in this draft. Yeah you read that right, the best. Word is the Chargers desperately want Stanley as do the Ravens. The Ravens Need O-line help bad! So I see like 10 % chance he is there

2. Joey Bosa - There is just no way, no way this kid makes it to 8. I see Dallas taking him at 4. I wouldn't even be shocked if Cleveland drafted him at 2. maybe 5% chance of making it to us.

3. Jalen Ramsey has 0 chance of making it to us....0

4. Carson Wentz - If Cleveland passes on him he may make it to us....20 % chance

5. DeForest Buckner- I just don't see the 49ers passing on Buckner Chips Boy! Chip loves his Ducks 10%

6. Myles Jack - Chargers, Jags, Cowboys, Ravens could all use this cat.....15% chance he makes it to us

7. We know Tunsil ain't making it to us, he will most likely go #1 overall.

SO our top options are

Jared Goff QB 50% chance he is there
Ezekiel Elliott RB 90% chance he is there

Noah Spence DE 90% chance he is there
Shaq Lawson DE 90% chance he is there
Mackensie Alexander Cb 90% chance he is there
Vernon Hargreaves CB 90% chance he is there
LaQuon Treadwell WR 90% chance he is there

We really really could use Treadwell, which Rey had in his original Mock.

WR is thin in this draft, and Treadwell is a T.O. type WR....Elliott is sick sick sick, but a rb in rd 1? Man that's
even tougher to swallow as a top 10 pick. Spence is sick, but has a troubled past, high risk high reward
there...Lawson is very good, not so great i would take him at 8. Mackensie Alexander I love as well as Hargreaves so i'd be fine with either of them.

IMO, after running the simulator a ton of times, I think Rey's original Mock of us selecting Treadwell makes the most sense. WR is a HUGE HUGE need for us, and it is not a good draft for the position. truth be told we should be selecting 2 Wr's in the first 4 rounds. In round 3 we absolutely have to get one of these 3 Guards in rd 3 Josh Garnett, Vadal Alexander or Graham Glasgow, I think rd 3 may be where we want to grab our rb as well. Kenneth Dixon fits an Andy Reid system perfectly, so i imagine he would fit Pedersons as well. But when you run that simulator, you will see by rd 5 there is not much as far as our "NEED" positions, so an O-tackle can not be selected past rd 4. We have the first pick in rd 4, so that may be the spot we get our OT. At this point the only way I see us not taking Treadwell is if Goff or Stanley happen to fall. Thoughts?
Here is my take Wings. I'm not a big fan of Stanley to be honest. If it came down to it, I would just trade 8 if a team really likes him and get picks. I still love Conklin. Zeke is a 1st rounder, just not at 8, which is another reason I wouldn't mind moving back for more picks. I stay at 8 if Goff, Jack, Bosa, or Ramsey are still on the table. Howie can really kill this draft in a good way if he plays this the correct way. He's been slick so far, I'm curious how he handles this draft? Nice job putting the thought together.:suds:

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give me Mackensie Alexander! I have to re-watch Goff tape before I fully sign off on him.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is WR a HUGE HUGE need for us????

If we are going back to Reid's way of running things - we had Stinkston and Trash. The 32nd (last place) set of starting WR's. We currently have a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick as our starters. Why do we need to add "ANOTHER" top draft pick to this group????? are you then sending last years 1st round pick or the previous years 2nd round pick back to low useage???

WR is not this HUGE need, imho. We need to start using them both MORE and stop spreading it around as much as we did. It was a good start getting rid of Cooper.

And if we go back to the Reid way... didn't he go DB heavy in back to back picks with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks with Sheppard, Lewis and Sheldon brown??? How are our needs now, not very similar to then?

Personally, I think the smartest thing might be to use this higher spot to get a good draft down. Moving up from 13 to 8 was a draft value chart equiv of 250 (1400-1150). That's a high 3rd round pick. Add another 250 to get into the high 2nd round area - and we could trade back to about (17-20) range and pickup a high 2nd round pick. This seems like the best value thing for us to do. "OR" better yet - only trade back into the 10-12 range, along with one of our 3rd round picks - and we still get a high 2nd. This upgrades our 3rd to a 2nd and still keeps us in the perfect play for OT Stanley or Conklin or CB Hargreaves or Alexander. Or, just keep the 3rd, and settle for a mid 2nd round pick and stay in the 10-12 range. The main question now, that needs a deeper look (even tho the numbers fit) who are likely trade partners to make that happen??

I do agree, it's a bad location for our needs. It puts us picking someone not necessary a need, OR over reaching for someone likely available less. That's the perfect situation to trade down.

That said, if we stay put, I say we still have to get OT Stanley, Conklin or CB Hargreaves or Alexander. I put a bit more emphasis on NEED tho.

NO WAY I think it's smart for us to draft RB or WR in the 1st tho. Just my opinion.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is WR a HUGE HUGE need for us????

If we are going back to Reid's way of running things - we had Stinkston and Trash. The 32nd (last place) set of starting WR's. We currently have a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick as our starters. Why do we need to add "ANOTHER" top draft pick to this group????? are you then sending last years 1st round pick or the previous years 2nd round pick back to low useage???

WR is not this HUGE need, imho.

And if we go back to the Reid way... didn't he go DB heavy in back to back picks with the 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks with Sheppard, Lewis and Sheldon brown??? How are our needs now, not very similar to then?

Personally, I think the smartest thing might be to use this higher spot to get a good draft down. Moving up from 13 to 8 was a draft value chart equiv of 250 (1400-1150). That's a high 3rd round pick. Add another 250 to get into the high 2nd round area - and we could trade back to about (17-20) range and pickup a high 2nd round pick. This seems like the best value thing for us to do. "OR" better yet - only trade back into the 10-12 range, along with one of our 3rd round picks - and we still get a high 2nd. This upgrades our 3rd to a 2nd and still keeps us in the perfect play for OT Stanley or Conklin or CB Hargreaves. The main question now, that needs a deeper look (even tho the numbers fit) who are likely trade partners to make that happen??

I do agree, it's a bad location for our needs. It puts us picking someone not necessary a need, OR over reaching for someone likely available less. That's the perfect situation to trade down.

That said, if we stay put, I say we still have to get OT Stanley, Conklin or CB Hargreaves. I put a bit more emphasis on NEED tho.

NO WAY I think it's smart for us to draft RB or WR in the 1st tho. Just my opinion.

Andy Realized his mistakes and brought in T.O....shortly after drafted both Djax and Maclin very high....that is why.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd run that draft card through someone to get Elliot.

Having said that, i'd be okay with wh3 or Spence.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is there will be several really good players available for us to pick. The list didn't look nearly as impressive when we were sitting at 13.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You draft Goff or Spence. Pretty simple.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious about Spence Wiz? Is he really that good? I don't watch much College ball. It doesn't seem like DE is really that big a need for us with so many other areas of need.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spence is top 3 talent with some risk because of his immaturity. Demarcus Ware ability plus a little. You can't have enough edge rushers.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious about Spence Wiz? Is he really that good? I don't watch much College ball. It doesn't seem like DE is really that big a need for us with so many other areas of need.
Spence is very good. I watched him a ton when he was playing for The Ohio State. He was dismissed due to failed drug tests. He is in my mind just as good as Bosa, but he had too much fun with the drugs. He was forced to play elsewhere. The talent is there.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"IF" Stanley does make it to 8, then he is the pick.
"IF" not, the based on your list - Hargreaves or Goff.
Pederson wants to groom a young QB of the future.
My preference would be to draft a QB in the 3rd - Hogan or Prescott.

So, bottom line for me, based on your list, and Stanley is gone, my pick would be Hargreaves.
Team him with Rowe, and our 2 great safeties, Jenkins and McLeod, and our secondary will catch up to our great DL and now our LB'ers are real good too. After that, I think Howie can wind up getting a 2nd round pick, and he'll finish solidifying the offense.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spence has sick talent.....but his past would scare anyone in the top 10. As far as selecting Goff, I'm fine with that if he falls in our lap....but understand we will have a record amount of money tied into the QB position between 3 Qb's. I would have rather just traded Bradford to Denver then.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My guess is either Ragland, Shaq Lawson or treadwell...

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really wish the Eagles had a 2nd so they would get Derrick Henry. Most underrated player in the draft imo.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys, I always learn everything about the draft/players from you guys. When we make our pick I will know something about him thanks to you.

Iron Eagle

Nostril flare expert.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is there will be several really good players available for us to pick. The list didn't look nearly as impressive when we were sitting at 13.

At 13, we were hoping for the best guaranteed to at least come out with some solid lineman picks maybe even a a corner.

At 8, we're in position to get some elite talent.

mklugs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Realized his mistakes and brought in T.O....shortly after drafted both Djax and Maclin very high....that is why.

I agree. It would not be crazy to suggest that if Mcnabb and Reid had a Stud #1 receiver a few years earlier, they may have won a Super Bowl.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pick is pretty simple. The Eagles really just have Ertz as a weapon on offense.
The O line isn't terrible with both tackles in place for another year and the guard they picked up in FA. Another guard or tackle can be had in the 3rd. Moving up to 8 pretty much means Elliot will be there. He seems like a special beast who can catch as well. the defenses would have to respect him which helps the WR's and TE's get open. If that's not the pick it has to be a WR and Treadwell should be there as well. The Rams success with picking Gurley last year at 10 even though he was still hurt should make it a lot easier for the Eagles to pick a running back in the top 10.

Last edited: