• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Having a very difficult time with this new pick....

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is....you don't trade up to get the #8 pick, and then trade back, it doesn't make sense. this isn't fantasy football friends. You take a stud player @ #8, whoever they deem the BPA, and I don't care what position it is, just gt the best player. That's how you draft, not just to see how many picks you can accumulate. You wheel and deal for more picks when you're picking late in the draft, not @ #8!

smeagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Jack falls to us so we can have the "Jack Cox" defense.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unjust watched the Ohio State Pro Day on NFL Network. Bosa baby!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is....you don't trade up to get the #8 pick, and then trade back, it doesn't make sense. this isn't fantasy football friends. You take a stud player @ #8, whoever they deem the BPA, and I don't care what position it is, just gt the best player. That's how you draft, not just to see how many picks you can accumulate. You wheel and deal for more picks when you're picking late in the draft, not @ #8!
If you want a 2nd rounder you sure do trade down from the eight spot.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I am willing to bet it is going to be Hargreaves if he is there.
Makes a ton of sense. The secondary has some solid players now but it's still missing the elite talent.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade back into the teens, and miss out on a stud? We have enough good players, but not enough elite players.
Elite players do come beyond the tenth pick of the draft. It's possible a deal down turns out better for us.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Eagles don't select Goff or Wentz it will be between Elliot, Stanley or Jack.
Bosa is my pick for bust, If you have never listened to him speak give it a check, sounds like a lifelong pothead. Its not a popular opinion but its my opinion.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I think, I think Howie wanted that #8 for several reasons. #1 he has a player or 2 in mind he absolutely wants. It could be one of the Qb's or it could be Stanley, who knows, but at #8 he feels he would be in position to get 1. #2 the player he really wanted doesn't fall in our lap, but perhaps someone that a team like the Rams wants, and we trade back and get our 2nd rounder back.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I think, I think Howie wanted that #8 for several reasons. #1 he has a player or 2 in mind he absolutely wants. It could be one of the Qb's or it could be Stanley, who knows, but at #8 he feels he would be in position to get 1. #2 the player he really wanted doesn't fall in our lap, but perhaps someone that a team like the Rams wants, and we trade back and get our 2nd rounder back.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Realized his mistakes and brought in T.O....shortly after drafted both Djax and Maclin very high....that is why.

Umm.. McNabb went out and got TO... then TO fought to get here, while we sat on our hands... And then basically ran the guy out the very next year bc we wouldn't give him 1.5 mil more (which he MORE than earned) despite saving 2mil by cutting pinkston. Andy didn't realize chit. In fact, the following year, he INCREASED passing even more, TO was on pace to BREAK his franchise setting 2004 season stats, and yet, we were losing games. Predictability is the mother of all failures. You give Reid way too much credit. If he realized his mistakes, he would have done more to keep him here and happy the following year. End of that.

Back to the content of my post above ---- we do not "NEED" a WR. You have still failed to illustrate why you feel that. So are you going to reduce Matthews development (just going into year 3) or Agholor (a 1st round pick, just going into year 2)???? Which one of these guys are you ready to give up on already, and throw that high draft pick away?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You get a crap load more value trading back from 8 than you do 13. The value of going up from 13 to 8 is a top 5 pick in the 2nd round. Anytime you can go up in the 1st for a player swap - you take that. It's much better leverage.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to just see how many more picks or players we can get when I get the chance to draft a stud. We have enough "good" players or "average" players. I want an elite "stud" player. That is how you build a team around "great" players. If we were starting from scratch, then yes I want as many picks and bodies as I can get, but you don't very often get the chance to grab stud players. We want to build a championship team, not be like Cleveland, Jacksonville, or Tennessee, etc.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays Draftek Mock has us getting Jalen Ramsey @ #8. Doug Peterson would yell: "Golly Gee Gosh"!!

1. Tennessee Laremy Tunsil LOT
2 Cleveland Carson Wentz QB
3 San Diego Joey Bosa OLB34
4 Dallas DeForest Buckner DE43
5 Jacksonville Myles Jack OLB43
6 Baltimore Ronnie Stanley LOT
7 San Francisco Jared Goff QB
8 Philadelphia Jalen Ramsey CB
9 Tampa Bay Vernon Hargreaves III CB
10 NY Giants Laquon Treadwell WRF
11 Chicago Shaq Lawson OLB34
12 New Orleans A'Shawn Robinson DT34
13 Miami Mackensie Alexander CB
14 Oakland Reggie Ragland ILB
15 Los Angeles Paxton Lynch QB

Pray hard this happens guys!!

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's Draftek's full mock for the Birds:
#77 - Kyle Murphy. T, Stanford
#79 - Josh Perry, LB, Ohio St.
#100 - Kenyan Drake, RB, Ala.
#153 - Jeff Driskel, QB, La.Tech.
#164 - Kolby Listenbee, WR, TCU
#188 - Rees Odhimbo, G, Boise St.
#233 - DJ Pettway, DE, Ala.
#251 - Andrew Williamson, SS, Vander.

Not bad haul, hope something like this happens. I think they filled all the positions of need.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be thrilled with Ramsey. A Ramsey-Rowe CB duo would give us two big corners.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the only reason that the Eagles are at 8 is because they didn't want to turn down the gift Miami gave them. I don't think they targeted the 8th spot for any particular reason ... so I think they stay put and see who drops, but I don't think they would be against a move down the board if the players that drop to 8 aren't better value than those who will be available a few picks later.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Todays Draftek Mock has us getting Jalen Ramsey @ #8. Doug Peterson would yell: "Golly Gee Gosh"!!

1. Tennessee Laremy Tunsil LOT
2 Cleveland Carson Wentz QB
3 San Diego Joey Bosa OLB34
4 Dallas DeForest Buckner DE43
5 Jacksonville Myles Jack OLB43
6 Baltimore Ronnie Stanley LOT
7 San Francisco Jared Goff QB
8 Philadelphia Jalen Ramsey CB
9 Tampa Bay Vernon Hargreaves III CB
10 NY Giants Laquon Treadwell WRF
11 Chicago Shaq Lawson OLB34
12 New Orleans A'Shawn Robinson DT34
13 Miami Mackensie Alexander CB
14 Oakland Reggie Ragland ILB
15 Los Angeles Paxton Lynch QB

Pray hard this happens guys!!
Ramsey is my favorite player in this draft followed by Buckner and Jack. This would be awesome.