• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Having a very difficult time with this new pick....

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down for a 1 and a 2. Get an OL like Conklin, Decker or even Whitehair. Use the #2 on Henry.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade down for a 1 and a 2. Get an OL like Conklin, Decker or even Whitehair. Use the #2 on Henry.

That would be nice but... you have to have a trade partner. and there is no guarantee Henry will be there in the second he probably won't be.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Realized his mistakes and brought in T.O....shortly after drafted both Djax and Maclin very high....that is why.

Well his mistake early on was more picks that didn't work out I thought (Na, Pinkston instead of Porter or Coles, Gari Scott, Mitchell over Reggie Wayne, McMullen, Reggie Brown instead of Vincent Jackson) and a couple FA misses (Freeman, Johnson, Curtis outside of Detroit).

Not sure if we would have won a SB... 02 bucs were an amazing team, 01 rams were really really good, 03 Panthers ran us into the ground and I don't think a great WR would have saved McNabb from that turd. Maybe though....

ctc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have run the mock draft simulator like 15 times now and i am having a real difficult time with the pick at #8.....Here are my issues

1. Ronnie Stanley - Love this guy, but there is no way he makes it to us! There are people saying he may be the best LT in this draft. Yeah you read that right, the best. Word is the Chargers desperately want Stanley as do the Ravens. The Ravens Need O-line help bad! So I see like 10 % chance he is there

2. Joey Bosa - There is just no way, no way this kid makes it to 8. I see Dallas taking him at 4. I wouldn't even be shocked if Cleveland drafted him at 2. maybe 5% chance of making it to us.

3. Jalen Ramsey has 0 chance of making it to us....0

4. Carson Wentz - If Cleveland passes on him he may make it to us....20 % chance

5. DeForest Buckner- I just don't see the 49ers passing on Buckner Chips Boy! Chip loves his Ducks 10%

6. Myles Jack - Chargers, Jags, Cowboys, Ravens could all use this cat.....15% chance he makes it to us

7. We know Tunsil ain't making it to us, he will most likely go #1 overall.

SO our top options are

Jared Goff QB 50% chance he is there
Ezekiel Elliott RB 90% chance he is there
Noah Spence DE 90% chance he is there
Shaq Lawson DE 90% chance he is there
Mackensie Alexander Cb 90% chance he is there
Vernon Hargreaves CB 90% chance he is there
LaQuon Treadwell WR 90% chance he is there

We really really could use Treadwell, which Rey had in his original Mock.

WR is thin in this draft, and Treadwell is a T.O. type WR....Elliott is sick sick sick, but a rb in rd 1? Man that's even tougher to swallow as a top 10 pick. Spence is sick, but has a troubled past, high risk high reward there...Lawson is very good, not so great i would take him at 8. Mackensie Alexander I love as well as Hargreaves so i'd be fine with either of them.

IMO, after running the simulator a ton of times, I think Rey's original Mock of us selecting Treadwell makes the most sense. WR is a HUGE HUGE need for us, and it is not a good draft for the position. truth be told we should be selecting 2 Wr's in the first 4 rounds. In round 3 we absolutely have to get one of these 3 Guards in rd 3 Josh Garnett, Vadal Alexander or Graham Glasgow, I think rd 3 may be where we want to grab our rb as well. Kenneth Dixon fits an Andy Reid system perfectly, so i imagine he would fit Pedersons as well. But when you run that simulator, you will see by rd 5 there is not much as far as our "NEED" positions, so an O-tackle can not be selected past rd 4. We have the first pick in rd 4, so that may be the spot we get our OT. At this point the only way I see us not taking Treadwell is if Goff or Stanley happen to fall. Thoughts?

Kelly needs a qb, he ain't wasting his first on a dl.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My 2 cents:

• I love Zeke, I would be OK if they took him 8th
  • I heard that a lot of teams weren't that impressed with Spence after the combine, not sure he's a Top 10 pick anymore
  • One guy that I don't think will go Top 10, but should: A'Shawn Robinson. IMO when it's all said and done he'll be the best DT in this draft, once someone refines his pass rush a bit watch out.
  • I think we have a good shot that Myles Jack falls to us at 8, loved this guy since his Freshman year.
  • I've said this before, but I think Howie isn't done yet - I think it's possible he tries to get into the Top 3 to get either Bosa or Ramsey.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take Goff if here is there, and then deal Bradford. No brainer.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like Cleveland will be trading for Colin Kap, so that QB at the #2 pick is no longer a given. SF would now certainly be a QB at 7. Either way we will likely have our choice with the best RB in the draft, the best WR in the draft or either one of Hargreaves or Alexander. Any way you slice it we will get an excellent player at 8. Either Hargreaves or Alexander would make a nice compliment to Rowe as he can match up against the bigger #1's while Hargreaves or Alexander match up better against the Antonio Brown "types". So while I would obviously not be upset at us taking either Zeke or Treadwell, I would be just as happy with one of those Corners. A trade down is certainly a possibility if Goff or Wentz is still there at 8 ... I don't think it's a slam dunk that Pederson takes either if one of them is still there at 8.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This could very well be a situation where the best player available is chosen. However, looking back at the past, both when Schwartz was a head coach and then back when Andy (since Doug is his mini me). I think its going to be a pass rusher. Aside from QB that is the most valuable commodity in football right now. I think in some order the following guys will be gone by the time we pick at 8

Goff, Wentz, Bosa, Tunsil, Stanley, Ramsey and Buckner. That leaves Jack, Lawson, Hargreaves and Spence. In my opinion at the pool to go from. In that case Jack is the best available player. But I can see the Eagles going Spence or Lawson. The Eagles tend to draft the lineman when they are that high. So in this case I think its Shaq Lawson.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like Cleveland will be trading for Colin Kap, so that QB at the #2 pick is no longer a given. SF would now certainly be a QB at 7. Either way we will likely have our choice with the best RB in the draft, the best WR in the draft or either one of Hargreaves or Alexander. Any way you slice it we will get an excellent player at 8. Either Hargreaves or Alexander would make a nice compliment to Rowe as he can match up against the bigger #1's while Hargreaves or Alexander match up better against the Antonio Brown "types". So while I would obviously not be upset at us taking either Zeke or Treadwell, I would be just as happy with one of those Corners. A trade down is certainly a possibility if Goff or Wentz is still there at 8 ... I don't think it's a slam dunk that Pederson takes either if one of them is still there at 8.

It might also put in play a trade with Chip and the Niners for Bradford? How crazy would that be. If the Browns take Kap vs any QB in this draft af 2 that should tell you it's a weak draft for QB's.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanley, Jack, Hargreaves, any of those 3 would be my guess, at this point. We have 7 weeks to go, so a lot of things can/will happen to change things, such as: teams behind us that want to move up. In my thinking as of today, if Jack or Stanley are not there, and if a team wants the $8, then trade back and pick up at least a 1 & 2 or more. the #8 is a very valuable asset. Of course, Ramsey would be great, but I doubt he slips down to 8. I do not see us moving up higher just to get a QB, when even the top 3 have flaws. I'd rather get a good prospect in round 2 or 3. We still need another CB to pair with Rowe; same with LB; WR; and OT. If we can come away with 4 picks in the 1st 3 rounds, we can fill those needs. As always - BPA is the only way to go.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swap positions with the 49ers in the first and take their 2nd...

Frizzle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie said they figured this draft only has 10 guys that they believe is top 10 talent. They moved up for a reason, hopefully its for an OL guy and not a RB or QB.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howie said they figured this draft only has 10 guys that they believe is top 10 talent. They moved up for a reason, hopefully its for an OL guy and not a RB or QB.

There's only 2 Olinemen with top 10 talent though ... and I think neither makes it to 8. I know for certain Tunsil won't.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might also put in play a trade with Chip and the Niners for Bradford? How crazy would that be. If the Browns take Kap vs any QB in this draft af 2 that should tell you it's a weak draft for QB's.

Which is why I've always maintained that we go defense, or Zeke if we stay at 8.

G

greenwing

I think you draft Vernon Hargreaves here. best value and strongest need. Its a no brainer if hes still available he he most likely will be. Laquon Treadwell is my second choice.

Last edited by a moderator:

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only 2 Olinemen with top 10 talent though ... and I think neither makes it to 8. I know for certain Tunsil won't.

The tackles always go higher in April/May than people think in March. Conklin at 8 isn't much of a stretch.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people are speculating Hargreaves is who Howie wants, since Howie went to Florida. My sense is he won't be the top corner from this draft when all is said and done, but he could be a solid player for some time.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are in a great positon to get a guy we really want now. They targeted 10 players they thought were the cream of the crop and got into a position to draft one of those players. Perhaps they fell in love with Alexander or Conklin at the combine. They figured they would have to move up to make sure they could draft one of those players. Both fit needs on the roster. We also have needs at WR, RB and DL. We could go so many different routes. Or we could end up with a BPA pick if Jack lands in our lap. I just hope they don't waste a pick on a player who will not contribute. Meaning I don't want a QB picked at #8. While I don't think much of Bradford I want a player who will play and make a difference for once.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suddenly Goff or Wentz makes sense.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more I am willing to bet it is going to be Hargreaves if he is there.