• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have you guys seen Jed York's interview on Harbaugh's firing?

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy doing the interview is part of knbr which is the flagship 49ers radio station and he just goes in and ravages him with hostile questions after hostile questions

Here's the link. The interview is gold! I couldn't believe the host had the balls to ask those hard hitting questions

KNBR-AM - 49ers CEO Jed York discusses Jim Harbaugh fallout on KNBR

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is one that is even more hard hitting.

York grilled by 49ers? flagship station over Harbaugh?s departure | ProFootballTalk

I really like this part of the interview.

Eventually, Murphy seized on York’s comment from the Monday press conference about accountability.
“You kept saying, “Hold me accountable, hold me accountable, hold me accountable,'” Murphy said. “And a lot of people asked me — and they were right — how can we hold you accountable? Does that mean you refund PSLs, does that mean you give away beer for free, does that mean you resign? How can we — we can’t hold you accountable. What does that mean? Does that just mean verbal tongue lashings on the air? How can we hold you accountable in any meaningful way?
“Well, I mean, you’re trying to give me a verbal tongue lashing now,” York said. “I’m not sure what else to tell you on how to hold me accountable.”
“You said you want to be held accountable. A lot of people said, ‘I’m a season-ticket holder. I wanna know, how can I hold him accountable?'” Murphy said.
“I’d love to hear from fans,” York said. “I’d love to hear from them — if you have suggestions for me. If you have thoughts about what we can do better. And if you think that we’re not performing to a level, you can let me know. And you can decide the best form that you can communicate that with me.”
York should be careful what he wishes for. Because if/when the team doesn’t appear in three straight conference championship games in the first three years with a new head coach, York will be hearing from 49ers fans. Pretty much everywhere he goes.

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners consist of undeserving and moronic ownership, ignorant management, a current head coach vacancy and an overpaid, non-franchise, QB (complete opposite of where they stood in the 80's-90's). That idiot, Jed York, deserves to be grilled.

The Eddie D, Carmen Policy, Bill Walsh, Joe Montana, Rice, Lott..., days are long gone and SF simply doesn't have a single piece of the equation any longer.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to play devil's advocate; there were LOTS of people that questioned handing Schneider/Carroll the reins after Holmgren was sent packing.

Sometimes change can work out.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed York is turning into the west coast version of Dan Snyder. Harb's obviously hurt the brats feelings and he wants someone that easier to control. Dude wants all the glory and zero of the accountability. Having the Super Bowl as the standard is stupid. All you can really hope for is a good shot at it and Harb's delivered on that just about every year he was with the team. It's easy to thump our chests but we got lucky as well. Other teams were looking at Wilson but he was still there to draft in the 3rd round. We got Sherman in the 5th round. We got Chancellor in the 5th round. We did a good job of seeing the talent but I'm sure that there were a few teams that were willing to roll the dice that weren't willing to pull the trigger.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boggles my mind they couldn't figure it out. how soon they forget how irrelevant SF was before harby got there. I hated his guts, but Im going to miss him. He brought the best out of our team. They were the rabbit running ahead that our team was chasing.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always found Baldwin and Sherman's antipathy towards Harbaugh to be interesting.

I don't care what level it's at, negative motivation coaches have a shelf life.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sherman and Baldwin had a chip for Harbaugh cause he didn't draft them? And the shit storm in SF right now makes me wonder if Harbaugh had much influence in that draft? I don't know if there was ever an answer for those decisions.

This situation reminds me of our own total cluster duck shit storm when Ken Bearing made his son the GM. I seem to remember his son was wanting to stay on as GM when Paul Allen bought the team.
Correct me where I am mistaken.

York is a brat. And he will be held accountable, and he ain't gonna like it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
York and Baalke are scapegoating Harbaugh for their own failures and the roster of underperforming divas and thugs they sport. Jim made the most of it with his coaching talent.

9ers will now bring in a yes man to the front office and they'll struggle. Baalke will be fired within 3 years. SF fans will just have to buck up and deal with it.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Sherman and Baldwin had a chip for Harbaugh cause he didn't draft them? And the shit storm in SF right now makes me wonder if Harbaugh had much influence in that draft? I don't know if there was ever an answer for those decisions.

This situation reminds me of our own total cluster duck shit storm when Ken Bearing made his son the GM. I seem to remember his son was wanting to stay on as GM when Paul Allen bought the team.
Correct me where I am mistaken.

York is a brat. And he will be held accountable, and he ain't gonna like it.

I may be totally wrong but the way I remember it David Behring wasn't a bad guy. Dad was the dick weed.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great interview.
I must give credit to Jed though. Being an owners son and team CEO, he has had a silver spoon in his mouth for his entire life. He knew he was going to get taken to the woodshed in the interview and he agreed to go on the air. I'm sure it took big balls to field those biting questions without telling the interviewer to piss off..

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niner's disfunction is only good for us. That said, it does hurt the rivalry with Harbaugh gone. It would be just priceless if he won the national championship with Michigan. Its not the fans fault that the FO is a mess. I am thankful we are in the situation we are in.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niner's disfunction is only good for us. That said, it does hurt the rivalry with Harbaugh gone. It would be just priceless if he won the national championship with Michigan. Its not the fans fault that the FO is a mess. I am thankful we are in the situation we are in.

Cheers geeze:suds:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This article is actually pretty interesting:
Mark Purdy: Jed York, Trent Baalke shed light on Jim Harbaugh, 49ers’ ‘accountability’ issues

If it really was accountability in the locker room that was the key factor then I can't really blame them. The team they have now reminds me of the one we had in 2005 which was an absolute mess as far as character goes. I wouldn't want to see that type of mess in Seattle again.

I remember that,seems to me the niners need to dump some players that are causing this,it only needs to start with one and then it just snowballs (Harvin tried it here).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeb York transcript from KNBR radio interview. Part of this has been discussed or read, but here is the complete interview. I'll say this for Jeb, he's showing some thick skin to go thru a interview like this. However he better find a coach that keep the 49ers in the thick of things in the NFC West and playoffs, because he setting the standard at winning the SB, and that Harbaugh came up short. Considering the trash they were pre Harbaugh, it seems unrealistic.

Jed York transcript from his KNBR radio interview - Niners Nation

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeb York transcript from KNBR radio interview. Part of this has been discussed or read, but here is the complete interview. I'll say this for Jeb, he's showing some thick skin to go thru a interview like this. However he better find a coach that keep the 49ers in the thick of things in the NFC West and playoffs, because he setting the standard at winning the SB, and that Harbaugh came up short. Considering the trash they were pre Harbaugh, it seems unrealistic.

Jed York transcript from his KNBR radio interview - Niners Nation

Showing thick skin through the interview is fine and dandy but the season was an absolute mess and they have more than their fair share of marginal individuals on the roster that are basically public menaces. Reading the whole thing it sounds like he's in way over his head and there's going to be problems in the FO until they get a guy in the position with the balls to buffer the coaching staff from ownership.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Showing thick skin through the interview is fine and dandy but the season was an absolute mess and they have more than their fair share of marginal individuals on the roster that are basically public menaces. Reading the whole thing it sounds like he's in way over his head and there's going to be problems in the FO until they get a guy in the position with the balls to buffer the coaching staff from ownership.

You didn't notice that York was trying to lay this on Harbaugh? York is in a fantasy world where he's actually raised a SB trophy, which he hasn't. Prior to Harbaugh his coaches have been bums, yet he see's no problem finding a coach that will win a SB. I'm looking forward to the next bum of a coach and lets see if the standard is lowered, I'm betting it is.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a never ending dumpster fire and a constant source of angst for Niner fans and entertainment for the rest of the division. Maybe we should send a letter of thanks to Paul Allen.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't notice that York was trying to lay this on Harbaugh? York is in a fantasy world where he's actually raised a SB trophy, which he hasn't. Prior to Harbaugh his coaches have been bums, yet he see's no problem finding a coach that will win a SB. I'm looking forward to the next bum of a coach and lets see if the standard is lowered, I'm betting it is.

What I got from it was that he's getting "we need to win with class" from pops and Harbaugh's saying "Let me do my thing". It's fun to bag on him but from reading the transcript it sounds like he was getting directives from ownership who are pretty disconnected to day to day operations of the team. They just want wins and no BS in the newspapers.