• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have We Seen The End of Adrian Peterson As A Viking?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's now been placed on the exempt/commissioners permission list. Meaning the Vikings have deactivated him until. His legal issues are resolved. What do you think his future holds.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll need to make money somehow. Lots and lots and lots of mouths to feed.

Although I imagine his child support would no longer be required if his parental rights are terminated.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Although I imagine his child support would no longer be required if his parental rights are terminated.

I don't think responsibilities/obligations are severed when rights are terminated. That would be unfair to the kids, not that any separation is fair and certainly the cause for the rights being terminated isn't fair to the kids. When a parent is not allowed to see their kids, they still have a responsibility to provide in other ways than visitation or decision making. Otherwise, if one were upset with child support arrangements, beating the kid soas to lose parental rights in order to avoid child support would be crazy... and it would happen in this world.

Yes, I realize you may not have been serious in saying what you said, just responding.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

he will always be responsible for the child support.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's now been placed on the exempt/commissioners permission list. Meaning the Vikings have deactivated him until. His legal issues are resolved. What do you think his future holds.

I think after the legal issues are resolved and the nfl tacks on their additional punishment, AP will likely not play again in 2014. This is probably best for the Vikings PR wise as well as the NFL and probably the appropriate punishment for him as well. I hope it sends the message and he can get the help he needs to understand what he did was completely over the top and in this day and age will certainly draw the ire of many.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's getting paid while suspended or the NFLPA would be another front to fight and the NFL doesn't need anymore right now.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think after the legal issues are resolved and the nfl tacks on their additional punishment, AP will likely not play again in 2014. This is probably best for the Vikings PR wise as well as the NFL and probably the appropriate punishment for him as well. I hope it sends the message and he can get the help he needs to understand what he did was completely over the top and in this day and age will certainly draw the ire of many.

He will get his wish to play in Dallas, you know JJ will not pass on the opportunity for AP to get what he wanted and finish his career a cowboy.

Bottom line, 90% are black, 90% of those 90% were probably brought up with a single parent in poverty conditions, they were beat, they became a multi millionaire. Seems like a path that will make them believe their kids will play in the nfl and be hundred millionaires.

White suburbia pay Pyramid schemers to make their millions, poverty get strict discipline and turn into millionaires.

I just want it resolved so the psychoanalysts of talk sports radio will shut the hell up already.

Leroy Brown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will always be responsible for the child support.

It's kind of a grey are there, depending on the situation. There are mothers that have allowed the father to be released from support obligations in exchange of the father forfeiting all parental rights to the children, but something tells me none of these children had multi-millionaire fathers.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many children out of wedlock does AP have? Has he become the new Travis Henry (9)?

I think that AP is in real trouble due to the combination of the charges and his age. I predict he ends up in Dallas. Calling my shot on that one right now.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear God. The NFL has hired qualified and experienced women to advise on domestic violience and Jesse Jackson is upset there wasn't a black woman hired.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear God. The NFL has hired qualified and experienced women to advise on domestic violience and Jesse Jackson is upset there wasn't a black woman hired.

You can't make this shit up. :L

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kind of a grey are there, depending on the situation. There are mothers that have allowed the father to be released from support obligations in exchange of the father forfeiting all parental rights to the children, but something tells me none of these children had multi-millionaire fathers.

I guess it depends on what state you live in maybe?
In the state I live in the mother doesn't have the right to give up child support for the child.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think responsibilities/obligations are severed when rights are terminated. That would be unfair to the kids, not that any separation is fair and certainly the cause for the rights being terminated isn't fair to the kids. When a parent is not allowed to see their kids, they still have a responsibility to provide in other ways than visitation or decision making. Otherwise, if one were upset with child support arrangements, beating the kid soas to lose parental rights in order to avoid child support would be crazy... and it would happen in this world.

Yes, I realize you may not have been serious in saying what you said, just responding.

It does happen. (Men intentionally go to prison to avoid child support. It's a sick world we live in.) Takes more effort than lack of effort to lose your kids. In a round about way.

I don't believe AP will have his rights terminated. Supervised visitations I can see. Multiple examples of abuse is more than concerning, but he also is cooperating with law enforcement.

But children who go into foster care certainly aren't supported by their birth parents. (Doesn't apply here as the child's mother has custody.)

Raid

Hoopla Cash
$ 21.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I miss the time when 'my Raiders' would have him on their radar immediately after legal problems. He's look good in Silver & Black, no?

dirtboy068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont see why they would. if he was a great QB maybe. running back?? bye bye

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't get how race-baiting buffoons like Jesse Jackson are considered "civil rights leaders" by anyone in their right mind. That implies that they actually stand for any sort of equality among all people in society, when in reality the fools like Jackson simply take advantage of purely emotion driven, thought and reason devoid reactions of simpletons to make money. The idea that circus acts like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are put on any sort of level anywhere near real civil rights leaders like MLK is a disgrace.

SteveDallas

T&R Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great, just what the NFL needs. Jesse Jackson is a clueless jackass and we're already way over our limit on clueless jackasses. :minion:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wish it was different circumstances why I may never see him against the Lions again.