• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have #2 pick and thinking of brown

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
12 team ppr and like I said drafting 2nd

I know it’s not scientific but doing a lot of mocks and looking at stats by the time I come back in round 2 there aren’t any top 10 high value imo wr out there. With the quick turn for round 3 the same meh wr will be there so sure I can take bell or gurly first and come back with say McCoy or macfreny or McKinnon. That would leave me in round 3 looking at hill Hilton theilen jeffery none of them scream wr 1 I know everyone and their mother loves Rb. Just don’t know if brown and best rb or top rb and best wr in round 2/3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk... I think You’d be crazy not to take Bell, Gurley or EE. They are workhorses that get plenty of looks in the passing game. Even DJ is a top 4-5 candidate.

Brown is a phenom, but I don’t know how anyone could take him top 3 when he only touches the ball 8-12 times a game while those other 3 are upwards of 30 times per game.

Plus the RB cliff is steep. Take a top dog if you get the chance. The WR pool is much much deeper and you can land a great player in the 2nd.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely understand the thinking, but even in a PPR league (probably ESPECIALLY in a PPR league) those top few RBs are gold, since you aren't a big fan of those WRs, my advice to you would be to grab 2 RBs if you have a guy like CMC or McK in your top 20 RBs and they are available. Assuming you start 2RB

Then prioritize WR depth

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it’s not scientific but doing a lot of mocks and looking at stats by the time I come back in round 2 there aren’t any top 10 high value imo wr out there. With the quick turn for round 3 the same meh wr will be there so sure I can take bell or gurly first and come back with say McCoy or macfreny or McKinnon. That would leave me in round 3 looking at hill Hilton theilen jeffery none of them scream wr 1 I know everyone and their mother loves Rb. Just don’t know if brown and best rb or top rb and best wr in round 2/3

really all depends on your roster requirements... How many WRs do you NEED to start, How Many RBs do you NEED to start

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know it’s not scientific but doing a lot of mocks and looking at stats by the time I come back in round 2 there aren’t any top 10 high value imo wr out there. With the quick turn for round 3 the same meh wr will be there so sure I can take bell or gurly first and come back with say McCoy or macfreny or McKinnon. That would leave me in round 3 looking at hill Hilton theilen jeffery none of them scream wr 1 I know everyone and their mother
It's your call. There may be no wrong strategy. After all, Brown is generally taken 2 positions later in the 4th spot.
But as Face mentioned above, there is a steeper drop-off for RB than for WR.
Mock drafts may not tell the whole story either.
Owners may be mocking to do what you're doing, to see who might be available in the next round.
Plus, the top 5 RB are target monsters who are also 3-down backs.
In a PPR league, I don't see McCaffrey making it back to you at #23. And I don't trust McCoy or McKinnon.
You might be very disappointed as to the RB available when it swings back to you.
At least the WR that will be on the board will have targets more comparable to Antonio.
:2cents:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure wouldn't. In a PPR, yes the WR's are more valuable, but so are the very few RB's that rarely leave the field. The gap between them and the typical "2 down" backs widens considerably. Gurley, Bell, Zeke, DJ..by far and away the best assets to own in a ppr, then a slew of WR's

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Treff. Gurley and Bell would be my first two even in a PPR.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk... I think You’d be crazy not to take Bell, Gurley or EE. They are workhorses that get plenty of looks in the passing game. Even DJ is a top 4-5 candidate.

Brown is a phenom, but I don’t know how anyone could take him top 3 when he only touches the ball 8-12 times a game while those other 3 are upwards of 30 times per game.

Plus the RB cliff is steep. Take a top dog if you get the chance. The WR pool is much much deeper and you can land a great player in the 2nd.

Ditto

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i really appreciate the in depth feedback (being serious).

give a little more context.

the scoring is "simple" 1pt ppr 1pt every 10 yards 6pt td. start 2wr 2rb 1 flex

looking at last year stats and going with guys who i project to be available when i draft in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

brown had 331pts (and he missed two games last year and left the pats game in the first qtr) wr's that should be there their point totals from last year. fitz 265 landry 260 hill 251 theilen 247

taking bell 348pts and rb's that should be there when i pick in round 2. mccoy 271 christian 229 duke 216 howard 206 freeman 202 mckkinnon 179.

there is a big drop off either way and maybe i wouldn't be having an issue so much if i wasn't picking right away in round 3. where these guys will still be there available when i go in round 3.

again its super early so a lot can change mccoy maybe suspended? injuries? bell holding out etc etc.

just dont like any of the wr that are out there for your wr1

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agree completely - that's the downside of getting an every week stud at RB, hard to get an every week stud at WR as well.

still think best route is to just go RB in 1st round, and take your personal ranked BPA for the next 2 rounds, regardless if they are RB or WR. You will have a much easier time in a redraft league finding WRs that you can plug and play for a few weeks here and there, or in good matchups, versus trying to find RBs that you can do that with, imo.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

looking at last year stats and going with guys who i project to be available when i draft in the 1st and 2nd rounds.

brown had 331pts (and he missed two games last year and left the pats game in the first qtr) wr's that should be there their point totals from last year. fitz 265 landry 260 hill 251 theilen 247

taking bell 348pts and rb's that should be there when i pick in round 2. mccoy 271 christian 229 duke 216 howard 206 freeman 202 mckkinnon 179.

there is a big drop off either way and maybe i wouldn't be having an issue so much if i wasn't picking right away in round 3. where these guys will still be there available when i go in round 3.

again its super early so a lot can change mccoy maybe suspended? injuries? bell holding out etc etc.

Guys like Theilen are more common than guys like Howard. Meaning, in the middle rounds, you are more likely to find WR that get points. WR1 on bad teams aren't breaking records with consistent 6-60 weeks, but that's a solid 18 when they find the end zone.
RB becomes a different crap shoot at that point. Hail Mary's if you will that are either 3rd down guys who have one good game a month, or handcuffs in waiting.

If I did pick Brown, my next 7 picks would be RB (barring outrageous value elsewhere of course)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

in a 2-2-1 roster league and 12 teams... you can get away with either plan...

People around here give great advice, but we are all RB lovers... so take any advice with that knowledge...

Brown is a fine #2 pick, but if you do it, you need to have a deep RB bench, which I am sure is your plan anyway...

Personally, i agree that the WR drop off is worse than the RB drop off... Mostly, because RB is more of a matchup driven position... so you can fill that flex every week easier with a RB...

At the end of the day it is up to you, and what you are more comfortable with...

Generally RBs are more consistent week to week than a WR... so guaranteeing yourself with the most consistent WRs is not a BAD move...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys like Theilen are more common than guys like Howard. Meaning, in the middle rounds, you are more likely to find WR that get points. WR1 on bad teams aren't breaking records with consistent 6-60 weeks, but that's a solid 18 when they find the end zone.
RB becomes a different crap shoot at that point. Hail Mary's if you will that are either 3rd down guys who have one good game a month, or handcuffs in waiting.

If I did pick Brown, my next 7 picks would be RB (barring outrageous value elsewhere of course)

actually, If I picked brown, I would draft a second WR in the 2nd... and then go 7 RBs... and all the RBs I take would be high upside guys... I wouldn't want the steady eddies...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, If I picked brown, I would draft a second WR in the 2nd... and then go 7 RBs... and all the RBs I take would be high upside guys... I wouldn't want the steady eddies...

Used to be my favorite strategy. Even more so at the back end turn, but yeah, I agree, 2-2-1 rosters eliminate my concern for having bench WR (depending on bench size of course)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

is it possible to "TRADE" draft positions??

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
is it possible to "TRADE" draft positions??

i'm sure i could but i would hate it if it came back to bite me and the guy at 2nd wins it.

i could try a patchwork rb approach and draft ingram so when he comes off the suspension i have a 2nd round rb talent as my rb2 (if i took brown 1st)

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bookmark this.

hopkins will have better stats than brown

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you only start 2 WR then you should draft a RB with the #2 overall pick.

WR are more plentiful and will not drag your fantasy team down. But a couple of bad RB could.