• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hats off to the Defense

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really thought we would be able to run the football on Seattle and stay in it, but what I didn't expect was for our D to dominate the Seahawks all day long. It was good to see Rod dial up the pressure on Wilson, and the secondary had their best game in years. Overall great team win, but considering how our D was crushed up there a couple of years ago, today was an amazing effort.
On a side note, Coach Linehan's playcalling has been nothing short of masterful this season. Keep pounding the rock!:yahoo:

CarlSr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the running game is helping Dallas hide some things defensively, but there's no doubt the effort is there, and it's nice to see that these guys learned how to tackle.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the running game is helping Dallas hide some things defensively, but there's no doubt the effort is there, and it's nice to see that these guys learned how to tackle.

No doubt, but that is one of the reasons why you run the ball. A running game helps any defense, so it's certainly going to help our lunch pail defense

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can call them a "lunch pail defense," and we should give credit to the running game of the offense, but there is still something different about this year's defense that wasn't there for the last few years.

I remember last year watching the defense of teams like Seattle, San Fran, Denver, and others and thinking, "It doesn't matter if we make the playoffs, our defense isn't like theirs. We don't run to the ball. We don't gang tackle. We're always a step behind."

That's not our defense this year. This year the defense is attacking the guy with the ball rather than waiting on the guy with the ball. It's good to see and I suspect it is primarily due to coaching.