• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hate To Admit It

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might as well take Monroe off the table too, I think Stan Van likes his game. Might indicate why Monroe said he wasn't looking for a trade a few days back.

I was just thinking the same thing. Monroe is someone I think the Lakers should still take a look at this summer.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monroe is a legit center to go with likes of the Deandre Jordons of the world. I think the Lakers should pursue him this summer.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I too can admit it.......He is the problem. He's a ball hog, has always been a ball hog. He's a show boat that don't float. If it weren't for Shaq daddy and Gasol and tons of talent and top tier coaching around him he would not have had the success he's had. I've never been a huge Kobe fan because I've always believed that Basketball is best played by 5 players not 1. Jordan made his team mates better so did Magic. Kobe would rather make himself stand out. Even if it means that they lose in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I too can admit it.......He is the problem. He's a ball hog, has always been a ball hog. He's a show boat that don't float. If it weren't for Shaq daddy and Gasol and tons of talent and top tier coaching around him he would not have had the success he's had. I've never been a huge Kobe fan because I've always believed that Basketball is best played by 5 players not 1. Jordan made his team mates better so did Magic. Kobe would rather make himself stand out. Even if it means that they lose in the process.

I don't think that was hard for you to admit since you admitted to not being a Kobe fan LOL

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Never been a huge Kobe fan either, but seriously?!? He is the only player in league history with over 30,000 points and 6,000 assists. Lasts I heard, to get that many assists, you had to pass the ball.

Kobe's has the same problem MJ did. If he doesn't trust his teammates, they ain't gettin' the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the temmates want Kobe to trust them, then for cryin' out loud, start making down-the-stretch shots and quit sniping Kobe like Lin did when Kobe clanked a game-winning shot recently. Price tried it and missed in the last game and so did Lin. Its put up or shut that piehole. Same goes for Boozer. Don't want to be sitting on the bench at then end of the game, start making shots when they count instead of clanking them and then have Kobe play hero ball because you've proven you really are untrustworthy. Its a viscious cycle and Kobe is not going to budge all that much. Kobe has passed the ball off recently because the guy is flat exhausted but then guys like Price and Lin have done nothing but clank the shots. So again put up or shut-up.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just beat the Warriors without Kobe.

Enough said.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, AngeLakerRams. They did exactly what they had to and some of the things I suggested in the previous post to send Kobe a message that he needs to trust his teammates just as Jordon Hill suggested.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I just say those people are idiots," Scott said of fans who are saying that they are better off without the 16-time All-Star guard. "He is one of the best to ever have played the game. When you take him off the team you are going to have nights where you struggle. And then you are going to have one night like we had [against the Warriors]. We are a much better team when Kobe is on the basketball court."

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the next two losses?:noidea:

They are 9-20 with him and 1-2 without him.

It's not like he is making that much difference when he's playing. He's more of a liability on defense than ever before and his shooting has been atrocious this season.

It's not like they are winning with him now is it.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are 9-20 with him and 1-2 without him.

It's not like he is making that much difference when he's playing. He's more of a liability on defense than ever before and his shooting has been atrocious this season.

It's not like they are winning with him now is it.

Trip dub in the last game. He makes no difference though? Dude still gets plenty of attention from defenses.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game winner against Indy. Still making no difference :L

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-24

The only thing he's doing by occasionally having a Kobe game is hurting there chances of keeping their 1st round pick which this team desperately needs- cause let's face it, this team isn't going anywhere with or without Kobe. And he's already said he's done after next season.

If they manage to miss out on a top 5 pick, the cupboard will truly be bare when he leaves.

They are paying him 24M to get them 11 wins in 35 games.

Sorry, but to most, that's called a problem. And if he keeps them from their 1st round pick it's an even bigger problem.

I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I followed this team long before he arrived and will continue to do so after he is gone. This is about what's best for the Lakers as a franchise- not about Kobe.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, don't get me wrong.

I appreciate everything he's done for this franchise and the fan base.

I've marveled at his competitiveness, drive and his 81 pt game and when he out scored the entire Mavs team for 3 quarters just to name a few.

But those days are long gone and this franchise is floundering in large part because of him.

His salary is too high to get this team any real help. Most FA's don't want to play with him and he still hogs the majority of the shots even though he's one of the worst on the team percentage wise this season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,291.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-24

The only thing he's doing by occasionally having a Kobe game is hurting there chances of keeping their 1st round pick which this team desperately needs- cause let's face it, this team isn't going anywhere with or without Kobe. And he's already said he's done after next season.

If they manage to miss out on a top 5 pick, the cupboard will truly be bare when he leaves.

Sorry, but to most, that's called a problem. And if he keeps them from their 1st round pick it's an even bigger problem.

I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I followed this team long before he arrived and will continue to do so after he is gone. This is about what's best for the Lakers as a franchise- not about Kobe.

The cupboard will be bare when Kobe retires? Sure, it'd be nice to get the top 5 pick but they have a lot of cap space and we have a head coach, unlike last summer.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11-24

They are paying him $24mil because they make like $80mil off of him. There's that business aspect of being an owner of a professional team. I know that doesn't matter to the average fan, but it's something that needs to be acknowledged.

Regarding the first round pick, if Phoenix doesn't get it this summer, they get it next summer. At some point Phoenix gets that first round pick. It would be nice to get it this summer since it would have to be top 5 thus adding a useful asset.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, don't get me wrong.

I appreciate everything he's done for this franchise and the fan base.

I've marveled at his competitiveness, drive and his 81 pt game and when he out scored the entire Mavs team for 3 quarters just to name a few.

But those days are long gone and this franchise is floundering in large part because of him.

His salary is too high to get this team any real help. Most FA's don't want to play with him and he still hogs the majority of the shots even though he's one of the worst on the team percentage wise this season.

They had good cap space last summer. They chose to swing for the fences and failed. They could have signed some lower tier FAs like Thomas, but decided not to. There are multiple factors leading to this current state, not just Kobe's salary. You can't be on top all the time. I'm confident that they'll get back there soon enough though.