• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has the statute of limitations run out for Peyton's sexual assault?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Never a big deal. Just got three negatives within a week and never had one before. I guess I'm moving up in the world!
Yes in most cases it's like a badge of honor. Wear them well:clap:

Blitzville

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I speak for everyone here that you are disgusting.

Good day, sir!

Yes he certainly is and as amazing as this sounds, the SportsHoopla bunch are some of the best Patriots fans I've known. As a whole they are a very sorry lot and they seem to get more despicable with each new generation.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KING: Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies goes into detail on Manning's sexual assault during his undergrad days and his subsequent defamation (in violation of a civil suit settlement) of his victim.

Obviously, the evidence is strong -- in the "court of public opinion" sense of "strong" -- that he's guilty as all hell. But since it doesn't rise to the level of actual r*pe (no penetration), am I correct in assuming that he's no longer at risk of prosecution even in theory?
Go jerk off on your Brady fathead. :dhd:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly compared to Ben Roethlisberger or Kobe Bryant, I really don't see the point.
Those guys were allowed to clean up their images and endorse products after much worse allegations.

Even if guilty, why should Peyton Manning be forced to hide his head in shame for mooning a girl at age 19??

Some differences between Manning and the above mentioned athletes if the story is true is.

A) Manning's image was never tarnished and never had to be cleaned up.

B) It appears the incident cost the woman not 1, but 2 jobs at which she seemed to be very good at. Losing the second job 3 to 4 years after the initial incident had been settled. With the Mannings themselves being the ones to bring it back out into the light.

And into the light it has come again as I just saw on my local news that a group of women have filed a lawsuit against UT over the alleged incident.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She picked Peyton out of a line up.

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2013%2F1122%2Fmag_peyton01jr_576.jpg

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or his wife has a injury or condition that requires her to take HGH.

Do you think before you type?

If that was the case, why did the Mannings send thugs to get a witness to recant about the HGH shipment happening at all?

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know....One Pats fan is alreadt butthurt enough he had to dislike a comment. Fencer.....LOL.

Actually, I gave that post a dislike because you're a bigoted asshole, or at least behaved like one in one particular forum post.

You'd have gotten it from me if you'd made the same comment about, for example, Cam Newton's wife or girlfriend, assuming he has one (in reality I have no idea what his love life is like).

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I gave that post a dislike because you're a bigoted asshole, or at least behaved like one in one particular forum post.

You'd have gotten it from me if you'd made the same comment about, for example, Cam Newton's wife or girlfriend, assuming he has one (in reality I have no idea what his love life is like).

You're a miserable, angry fucktard and an all-around disgusting human being.

In other words, you're a typical Pats fan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really great to see Peyton's false image come crumbling down like a landslide. Sexual predator? Check. PED user? Check. Pathological liar? Check.

Entire career tainted? Big ole check.

Karma, baby!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have a problem with the OP posting the article (even though the article iteself reeks of being a whiny bitch).

What I do think is ridiculous is titleing the thread to question the stature of limitations. Everybody and their retarded friends knows very well that the stature of limitations on this 20 year old incident expired well over a decade ago. Sensationalize much??

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to piece this together:

20 years ago....

1 ) 19 year old Peyton Manning dropped his pants next to some girl. He claims he was mooning someone. She claims it was some sort of sexual assault. Both sides are entitled to their story.
2) No criminal charges were ever made. No criminal penalties were enforced.
3) The University, not wanting any negative publicity, wrote her a giant check to go away.
4) There has been no mention of this ever again since 2003 including from the alleged victim.

So, how does this equate to his entire image being built on lies?????

That seems like a massive leap to frame the headline.

I remember the mooning incident, but didn't realize it had escalated to an assault claim...or TN has stroke a check...why is this being regurgitated now?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I encourage people to look at both sides of the story. This article is definitely very one sided and only presents her side of the story.

I would also look at her history. This is not the only time that she has sued somebody. She has quite the history of quickly going to the court system any time she feels she has been wronged. Doesn't mean that Manning didn't do something wrong but she does have a history of taking things to a whole new level.
The OP has the court documents. So what evidence supports "the other side"?

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really great to see Peyton's false image come crumbling down like a landslide. Sexual predator? Check. PED user? Check. Pathological liar? Check.

Entire career tainted? Big ole check.

Karma, baby!

Peyton has cemented his legacy as the greatest ever.

Brady single-handedly cost the greatest collection of talent ever on one team a trip to the Super Bowl.

You hate those facts, don't you, Rob.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OP has the court documents. So what evidence supports "the other side"?

How bad would you say you hated Peyton at Tennessee? Twenty years later and you still hate his greatness.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hammer, you're panicking here.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KING: Peyton Manning’s squeaky-clean image was built on lies goes into detail on Manning's sexual assault during his undergrad days and his subsequent defamation (in violation of a civil suit settlement) of his victim.

Obviously, the evidence is strong -- in the "court of public opinion" sense of "strong" -- that he's guilty as all hell. But since it doesn't rise to the level of actual r*pe (no penetration), am I correct in assuming that he's no longer at risk of prosecution even in theory?

I believe you are correct, although I do not know the laws in Tenn. The Statute of Limitations starts running as soon as authorities basically have enough evidence to charge someone. Seems pretty clear they had this long ago. Some crimes don't have a SOL (like murder). I'm guessing in TN this wouldn't qualify. Too bad...I"d have loved to see Old Man Peyton present the Mooning defense in a courtroom.