• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has lightening ever struck a stadium during a game?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first job, I was a life guard. We had a thunder storm and they told me I had to go to the top of a water slide to cut down an umbrella that had been duct taped up there because “it would get ruined in the rain.” So I went to the top of a lightning rod to cut off a lightning rod. Lightning hit the beach 50 yards away. I threw the umbrella into the pool went down the slide, stopped before hitting the water, mother fucked every one of them for telling me to do it.

Still better than picking up used condoms and telling people to having sex in a public pool.

Were you a perv like I was when I did some life guarding? The pool house was surrounded by big bushes and I found a teeny hole in the siding that I could peek through and see the girl's locker room. I moved all the supplies over to that corner of the building and I was frequently complimented by the customers how responsible I was because I was always making sure everything was perfectly supplied. I could only sneak about 20 seconds of peeking at a time but it was worth it often enough that I volunteered to work some extra shifts. I was damn lucky I never got caught.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you a perv like I was when I did some life guarding? The pool house was surrounded by big bushes and I found a teeny hole in the siding that I could peek through and see the girl's locker room. I moved all the supplies over to that corner of the building and I was frequently complimented by the customers how responsible I was because I was always making sure everything was perfectly supplied. I could only sneak about 20 seconds of peeking at a time but it was worth it often enough that I volunteered to work some extra shifts. I was damn lucky I never got caught.
Nonwe never had anything like that but the female lifeguards had a very high stacked/flat ratio. Something like 5 or 6 of the 9 were Ds or DDs and they weren’t fatties.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume they have a lightning rod or at least one of the flagpoles or some such would serve as one.

True story - about 10 years or more ago when ESPN was doing a broadcast from the Swamp, a lightning strike they commented on for being close actually struck and pretty severely damaged Lee Corso's rental car.

My parents were at the game. It was a kickoff classic at Virginia Tech
Corso's Car a Casualty of Lightning

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They start talking about lightning strike at 1:50.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning struck Lee Corso's rental car that one time, right outside of the VT stadium. It was the first game of the year or some shit.

_rolltideroll_

4 out of 3 people have trouble with basic math...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,180.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning strikes Jordan-Hair daily. But for some reason it never catches on fire and burns to the ground. Weird...

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would assume they have a lightning rod or at least one of the flagpoles or some such would serve as one.

True story - about 10 years or more ago when ESPN was doing a broadcast from the Swamp, a lightning strike they commented on for being close actually struck and pretty severely damaged Lee Corso's rental car.
Nice

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll soon be 54 and I've never heard of such......ever.

This "Weather Delay" bullshit is annoying as hell.
giphy.gif

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the internet came out I learned to jerk off with my left hand.
Curvature can be a bitch.

Every time a hot chick walks by my pants look like they're getting ready to make a right-hand turn.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lightning has struck a soccer field numerous times over the years. That shit hurts.