• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

has it already begun?

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are saying good, but thinking elite. But you are right.. lets move on.. How about that D-line though.

Just to be clear my position has always been there are 10-12 QBs at any given time that fit my criteria of good QB. I specifically said he does not have to be Brady. Just wanted that cleared up as Dad had the same misunderstanding in the past.

D Line? Oh I don't know, I can always talk about Leanard Williams. :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we've been down this road before but just because QBs make a lot of money does not mean it is GOOD to pay alex smith 17 mil a year. Sorry but the odds of alex smith winning a super bowl are very small. I prefer a better qb than alex smith. Either way I would agree with you that we need to build the team as a whole. A franchise qb alone is not enough. Every qb needs some help.

Again dude, the cost is what it is.. Here is the list.

http://overthecap.com/contracts/

Most of the starters on this list are making $17m a year or more on average. The few that arent are either on Rookie contracts, or signed three years ago. Tyrod Taylor and Brock Oswieler are making $18m a year.

So unless you really think we should draft yet ANOTHER QB, we either pay Kirk, or we end up with some one like Colt McCoy, Nick Foles or Blain Gabbert on the cheap. And I realize you are probably ok with that. But at some point you have to realize chasing the elite QB is a large part of why we are so talent starved all across the roster.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude, the cost is what it is.. Here is the list.

http://overthecap.com/contracts/

Most of the starters on this list are making $17m a year or more on average. The few that arent are either on Rookie contracts, or signed three years ago. Tyrod Taylor and Brock Oswieler are making $18m a year.

So unless you really think we should draft yet ANOTHER QB, we either pay Kirk, or we end up with some one like Colt McCoy, Nick Foles or Blain Gabbert on the cheap. And I realize you are probably ok with that. But at some point you have to realize chasing the elite QB is a large part of why we are so talent starved all across the roster.

Once again I do realize what qbs make. That does not mean it's smart to pay alex smith or tyrod Taylor Taylor that.

As for kirk - he's got 14 games and plenty of time before we need to worry about resigning him. No point in discussing his next contract at this point in the season.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is especially true on a site like this where it serves the greater good when the reader knows the difference between a post based on emotion, supposition and sarcasm or one delivered with the intent to enlighten, broaden the conversation and add to the general good nature of your fellow posters.

Knowing the difference certainly helps

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Badford is out there

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Badford is out there

IM sure we could give the Patriots a first rounder for Jacoby Biscuits. HE must be a franchise QB considering the way he dismantled the Texans who are supposed to be a good defense. Might have to throw in another pick in light of that.