• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has anyone else fallen in love with the Mets?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something about this team. I think they're going all the way. I haven't had this much fun watching baseball games in a long time. Of course, I'm a Giants fan, but with the Giants out of it, I can't help but watch Mets games and root for them. It sure does also help that I would never root for the Phillies or Dodgers.

I became attached to the Mets because of a couple guys being on my fantasy team (Manaea and Vientos), and this team is simply so fun to watch.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is something about this team. I think they're going all the way. I haven't had this much fun watching baseball games in a long time. Of course, I'm a Giants fan, but with the Giants out of it, I can't help but watch Mets games and root for them. It sure does also help that I would never root for the Phillies or Dodgers.

I became attached to the Mets because of a couple guys being on my fantasy team (Manaea and Vientos), and this team is simply so fun to watch.
I was just thinking about this Sunday evening, wondering if the Mets have what it takes to win the whole thing. I’m rooting for a Padres-Guardians World Series but if the Padres don’t make it, I hope it’s the Mets

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree almost completely with that hierarchy except I'd bump Tigers to number 3 in the AL and call the Yankees Apocalypse as well.
I have a close friend who is a big Tigers fan, so I am rooting for them on his behalf. I took his opportunity away in ‘12, so I kinda owe it to him now.

I hate the Spanks, but not enough to root for the death of 8b people to avoid their win.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sort of been a Met fan since they entered the league in 1962. Been a life long Giant fan almost 70 years now but when they left NY I had to follow something in my home town, just for sanity's sake. Yankees were an impossibiliry. Still hate that team. Almost as much as the Dodgers.
Mets are a strange team this year. Decent pitching backed up by an offensive that never quits. Their offensive always keeps them in a game. After watching a few of their playoff games not sure what is a better option ... an elite pitching staff or an offensive that never let's up ...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a close friend who is a big Tigers fan, so I am rooting for them on his behalf. I took his opportunity away in ‘12, so I kinda owe it to him now.

I hate the Spanks, but not enough to root for the death of 8b people to avoid their win.
So you are only willing to see 8 billion perish because of one team? I guess that makes you a better person than me (I did misunderstand your use of the word apocalypse. I thought it meant that the team in question winning would be the cause, not that you’d rather see that happen than that team win it all).

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are only willing to see 8 billion perish because of one team? I guess that makes you a better person than me (I did misunderstand your use of the word apocalypse. I thought it meant that the team in question winning would be the cause, not that you’d rather see that happen than that team win it all).
Don’t be crazy. The doggies winning would not be the apocalypse.

I would just prefer the apocalypse to the doggies winning.

Simple logic.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of been a Met fan since they entered the league in 1962. Been a life long Giant fan almost 70 years now but when they left NY I had to follow something in my home town, just for sanity's sake. Yankees were an impossibiliry. Still hate that team. Almost as much as the Dodgers.
Mets are a strange team this year. Decent pitching backed up by an offensive that never quits. Their offensive always keeps them in a game. After watching a few of their playoff games not sure what is a better option ... an elite pitching staff or an offensive that never let's up ...

Lindor grand slam! This team has the magic. The Grimace thing is strong.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, a casual fan then...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mutts and Tiggers would be my ideal WS

Partial to KC, too, even though they did win in 2015.
Speaking of the Mets, I read that Jeff McNeil may be sent to the AFL for some rehab games soon. Interesting idea as I've not heard (or at least remember) playoff teams taking advantage of that league for that purpose. It does make me wonder, though, is that really what that league is for? Should there be rules to prevent it from being used that way?

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball fan 1st

Yanks fan 2nd

The magic of the met team , the chemistry, Mendoza coach of year. Has been very fun to watch, and good coverage

Compared to the yanks, boring!

GO METS

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Mets, I read that Jeff McNeil may be sent to the AFL for some rehab games soon. Interesting idea as I've not heard (or at least remember) playoff teams taking advantage of that league for that purpose. It does make me wonder, though, is that really what that league is for? Should there be rules to prevent it from being used that way?

It is really a development league. If the Mets want to use one of their allotted slots to rehab a guy for the playoffs, that's OK with me. If they lost the NLCS, McNeil might go back to the AFL or they can use that slot for another guy.