• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has a college (team) ever relocated?

Nupist

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can, but no reason to really. There are some good ones still there, and I have no issues with any of them (or you, fook politics). Heck, I miss a few of em, even some I didn't 'care' for, they at least were lively. It's over and I wish everyone would drop it, to be very honest.
That said, I hope we/someone changes the next thread title and leaves rivals completely out of it. That's a good start, lol.

Well Rivals is still my #1, but I try HARD (because some guy here with a handicap Avatar is watching me CLOSELY, apparently :behindsofa: ) not to disparage either Board. Hell, you know me well enough, none of these mofos on EITHER Board like me anyway, so it is what it is. :yo:

But no one liking you has an advantage....the "cliquism" bullshit tends to miss you. I never cared for that anyway. Now SIR.......... if you CAN cross dimensions like I can, you know damn well that there are those in "the other place" who miss you as much as I do. If I may, I'd LOVE to dedicate the song to you that I first did YEARS ago ! Just to show you you're still one of My Main Mans and all. :dance:

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Heinz just doesn't have a college game feel to it, Pitt Stadium sure did!
I have been to BOTH for Pitt Games! I am old school and love the older, historic stadiums like Old Pitt Stadium. the game I attended was a dog (1993 BC @ Pitt), but being in the stadium that day was awesome. That being said, I saw Pitt (with Larry Fitzgerald) beat Virginia Tech on a sold-out night back in 2003. Heinz Filed is a GREAT stadium, and it's not too far from Campus. it's a better setup than UCLA @ the Rose Bowl or Miami @ Hard Rock Stadium. Just my onion.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 83, our basketball team was unbeaten in California (including road wins over USC and then #1 UCLA).

One of the B’ham News writers joked that the University should open a satellite campus in La Cienega (UALC).

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back in 83, our basketball team was unbeaten in California (including road wins over USC and then #1 UCLA).

One of the B’ham News writers joked that the University should open a satellite campus in La Cienega (UALC).

I think titletown did move to Clem....

Naaah, too soon. :kidding:

CouchOnFire

Statism is a disease
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been to BOTH for Pitt Games! I am old school and love the older, historic stadiums like Old Pitt Stadium. the game I attended was a dog (1993 BC @ Pitt), but being in the stadium that day was awesome. That being said, I saw Pitt (with Larry Fitzgerald) beat Virginia Tech on a sold-out night back in 2003. Heinz Filed is a GREAT stadium, and it's not too far from Campus. it's a better setup than UCLA @ the Rose Bowl or Miami @ Hard Rock Stadium. Just my onion.
It may not be that far from campus, but it may as well be on the moon for students of pitt. Pitt Stadium on campus was rowdy (no matter the record of either team). I miss that. Heinz felt like, watching a pro baseball game. Just a 'happy' feel, lol!

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
usc_trojans_logo.png

Does this count?......

USC has relocated from their long-term position as the West Coast's only traditional Blue Blood to their current position as a middle-of-the-pack barely top 25 program.

helton-colorado-2018.jpg

:trash:

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the pros it seems a team is relocating every other year recently. So got me to thinking.. and I kind of did a less than half ass search, that gave me nothing.

Has a school that had a football team ever relocated to a different city or state, for any reason?

I would imagine it would have had to happen a long time ago.

Anyway, just something I was wondering.
Baylor used to be in Independence TX but fire destroyed the campus so they moved up river to Waco

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University of Florida moved from Lake City to Gainesville.

Now they don't count the games that they played when they were
in Lake City, but they did move from there.

Georgia does count their ione game vs UF when they were in
Lake City.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw...I could suggest three that should move.

Clinton College is in Plattsburg, NY. They should move to Clinton,NY

Hamilton Coll is in Clinton, NY. They should move to Hamilton, NY

Colgate is in Hamilton, NY. They could move to Plattsburg, NY

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baylor used to be in Independence TX but fire destroyed the campus so they moved up river to Waco
Oh the irony of it all. TCU was actually in Waco at one time.

• Brothers Addison and Randolph Clark founded TCU in 1873 in Thorp Spring, Texas, as AddRan Male and Female College.
  • The school moved to Waco in 1895.
  • The name was changed to AddRan Christian University in 1889 and Texas Christian University in 1902.
  • TCU relocated to downtown Fort Worth in 1910 when the Waco facility burned, and opened three new buildings on the present campus in 1911.