• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harvin offically out against Rams

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be awesome seeing him in a Seahawks uniform. I am betting he is excited about playing on this team as well, a lot of young talent on it, in a city that really gets excited about them.

Good deal all around IMO...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much expected. Good news is Wagner is expected to play. I think this is the healthiest we have been on defense all year.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this game looks less daunting with the Rams QB situation this makes sense. Give him the extra week and let him heal some more. Mind you, I wouldn't have minded if they would have dressed him vs the Rams but only used him very, very sparingly. That way he could at least get a little game time work and feel for the speed of a real game again.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since this game looks less daunting with the Rams QB situation this makes sense. Give him the extra week and let him heal some more. Mind you, I wouldn't have minded if they would have dressed him vs the Rams but only used him very, very sparingly. That way he could at least get a little game time work and feel for the speed of a real game again.
:agree:
While it would be nice to see him get a hand full of plays, I've got no problem giving him another week or even two. Looking forward to seeing him at full speed when we play teams like the Saints and 49ers.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet he is just fine and they just want some more practice time.

Can't wait though to see him out there,it is going to open up so many things on offense.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep…. Don't rush him back let him slowly build up the strength in that hip…

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would've been nice to see him out there on Monday, but this isn't a surprise. Let him get back into the routine of practicing for a couple weeks and get his timing down with Wilson so that when he does came back, he'll have as little rust to shake off as possible. If they wanna give him a soft landing, they can always get him in there against Tampa at home next week. Give him enough touches in that game to shake the rust off, but not so many that he's overworked going into the Atlanta game.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys dint need him in this game, anyway. He has another week to get right.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've heard we have a bunch of plays to add with Harvin in mind. Give the whole offense some time to work it out, I'm cool with that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin has been back for one week and they only have 1 or 2 practice sessions with live hitting during the week right? Given how early he went out (still in camp) and how long it has been since he has seen live hitting expecting him to be up to speed on the offense, in any sort of rhythm/timing with Wilson, and being able to handle it all with the pounding WR's take in one week wasn't realistic.

I'd like to see him play next week, but probably wouldn't want to see him take more than 5-8 plays targeted at him at that. They have the entire second half of the season to get him up to speed for what they need him for the most. Take it easy, take it slow and do it right.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, last week. The person I bet with let me out of it so I could put up a tribute to the late Don James as he died last week, but I'm not one to welsh on a bet. I paid homage to him all the way through his memorial service yesterday and decided to put up an ASU avatar for a week just because it's the right thing to do.

:suds:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though its smart to rest him and not rush it, I do think its important to get him on the field and develop chemistry with RW and the offense.
I'd like to see him back by the Atlanta game because that would give him a couple of games before the bye. That way the offense can be clicking by the time the Saints and Niners roll around which will be nice.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that suprised by this . This is Baby St. Louis @ Seattle. No need to play harvin

Next week is Tampa. I would rest him then too

EducAsian69

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm back baby! This feels good!

Regarding Harvin, I think we just need to take it real slow with him and make sure he is 100% before putting him out there on the field. In all honesty, we don't need Harvin for any of the next 4 games. They are all weak opponents. However, I would like for Harvin to come back for the ATL game so he can shake off some of the rust and then unleash him against his former team in the Vikings. Let's all not forget that Harvin's original prognosis was 3-4 months before he could come back. I am extremely happy that he is well ahead of schedule and won't mind it if he takes all the time he wants up until the Vikings game even.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignore List

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, last week. The person I bet with let me out of it so I could put up a tribute to the late Don James as he died last week, but I'm not one to welsh on a bet. I paid homage to him all the way through his memorial service yesterday and decided to put up an ASU avatar for a week just because it's the right thing to do.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well done sir.