• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harden lands in Brooklyn

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And per Wiggy....

Players like Drummomd & Allen are not needed in today's NBA.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when McGee was on the Lakers?

LOL.

Well, in fairness McGee isn’t very good.

But the opportunity for a large role in LA should have been evident. And McGee has always been able to score efficiently when given playing time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And per Wiggy....

Allen has a jumper and is fast enough to switch

Drummond's stats are insane- and hes taken the Cavs from a terrible defense to the #2 rated defense in the league right now---- but i totally agree he isnt worth much on the trade market- and i hope the Cavs dont overpay him. If they could get a first rounder around the early 20's id trade him tomorrow and let Allen take over.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen has a jumper and is fast enough to switch

Drummond's stats are insane- and hes taken the Cavs from a terrible defense to the #2 rated defense in the league right now---- but i totally agree he isnt worth much on the trade market- and i hope the Cavs dont overpay him. If they could get a first rounder around the early 20's id trade him tomorrow and let Allen take over.
Allen fits the Cavs style more and he doesn’t need the ball in his hands. He is already an elite defender and they will pay him half as much as Drummond. He was playing late in the 4th and OT in this one. Drummond is long gone and it’s nothing against him, he is a hell of a player just doesn’t fit in the Cavs long-tern plans

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s be clear, the Nets are a super super team and they are going to be almost impossible to stop on offense, especially if Harris and Green are hitting shots, those guys are going to have so many open looks.

STRENGTHS
• They could literally win a game in one quarter if that chemistry is there but again they will have big lapses defensively.
• They have 3 snipers and great scorers that can get a bucket for you at any point and especially at the end of the game. 4 snipers including Harris.
Also, all 3 of those guys are amazing FT shooters which could help out a lot at the end of games.

WEAKNESSES
• Their team defense is a big weakness but definitely an overreaction from last night.
• They have little to no bench and their only big is DJ, who can play 20-25 minutes tops per game.
• It seems right now Harden is going to be the statistical sacrificial lamb most of the time, Kyrie is not going to change but it also won’t look like this every night. KD had 25 shots, Kyrie had 28 and Harden had 14. Harden was basically the PG getting people involved, Kyrie was the SG just chunking up a ton of shots and making most of them. KD needs to be taking the most shots and be the clear #1 for this team to be the super team they are capable of being, plain and simple.
• Looking at their main rotation: Kyrie is a very bad defender. Harden in an average defender but he puts the effort in most of the time. KD is a very good defender, great at times. DJ is a nice rim protector but in limited minutes. Green is a pretty good defender. Harris is average at best. Teams are going to go after Kyrie so it will take time for Nash and this coaching staff to make Kyrie less vulnerable defensively but his defensive skills aren’t going to change much on a nightly basis, you just need to see the effort is the main thing.
• KD, Harden and Kyrie might have to go 38 mins a night a piece and probably 42 or so in the playoffs unless they get a couple guys at the trade deadline. They need a big man desperately, Jarrett Allen was a huge loss for them.
• Injuries – Kyrie especially, he isn’t going to last a full season playing high 30’s minutes or 40 a night. If one guy gets injured it would be a huge loss bc they have zero depth.
• Harden and Kyrie aren’t ideals for playing off ball. Most of the time when Kyrie was in the game he was taking the ball up and Harden was just sitting in a spot not moving around. KD can move without the ball but I have my concerns for Harden. He is going to have to be that catch and shoot guy a lot of the time so it could take time.
• Kyrie was talking about guys have to make sacrifices but he won’t be one of those guys. He didn’t even make sacrifices when he was in Cleveland they won it all. He only had to compete with Lebron for touches and he couldn’t even do that for more than a couple years. If they win it all it will be because he is just playing out of his mind and actually working at the defensive side of the ball OR that team is just clicking and making their shots.

My take (most might not agree): they should trade Kyrie for more depth, even though I don’t think this happens unless Kyrie goes absent again and really starts flaring more drama.
This team is fine offensively with Harden and KD leading the show. They need more depth and more defense. I would trade Kyrie and then miracously they would have no locker room issues too. Harden and KD played together before and they would do just fine.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take (most might not agree): they should trade Kyrie for more depth,

You're not the only one I've seen mention this today. I think last night opened some eyes. They gave up 147 points to the 30th ranked offense in the NBA.

How much are they going to give up to top 5 offenses?

And what does it say about World B. Flat that trading a superstar for defensive role players is even a discussion?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And per Wiggy....

To be fair, while the statement is typical Wiggy "he who yells the loudest, wins" hyperbole, they aren't. At least not in the way they used to be. Dwight and McGee showed last year and Drummond is showing this year, they are still useful. You just aren't building your team around them like back in the day.

Even a monster like Shaq would be a bit limited today.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,771.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, while the statement is typical Wiggy "he who yells the loudest, wins" hyperbole, they aren't. At least not in the way they used to be. Dwight and McGee showed last year and Drummond is showing this year, they are still useful. You just aren't building your team around them like back in the day.

Even a monster like Shaq would be a bit limited today.
Shaq's a bit of a reach.....he'd be an absolute beast, nobody would be able to stop him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq's a bit of a reach.....he'd be an absolute beast, nobody would be able to stop him.

He can't defend out to the 3 point line, even in his prime, the pick and roll was his kryptonite and he has no range beyond 5 feet from the hoop.

He'd still be a star because he was a monster. But he would have a much harder time vs. todays bigs than he did with the bigs of his era.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't defend out to the 3 point line, even in his prime, the pick and roll was his kryptonite and he has no range beyond 5 feet from the hoop.

He'd still be a star because he was a monster. But he would have a much harder time vs. todays bigs than he did with the bigs of his era.

Yep.

He would be a much better version of Drummond basically.

A really good player every team would want, definitely not a league MVP.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Cavs J.B. Bickerstaff on going Allen over Drummond late “Decisions come down to in that moment & what I think is the best move for the group. I thought Jarrett was playing really well with the way he was protecting the paint & the way he was rebounding & his ability to switch

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Cavs J.B. Bickerstaff on going Allen over Drummond late “Decisions come down to in that moment & what I think is the best move for the group. I thought Jarrett was playing really well with the way he was protecting the paint & the way he was rebounding & his ability to switch
Lets introduce everyone to the next TT EXCEPT he is a better rim protector, has a better offensive skillset, more talented and skilled and he is more athletic with a longer reach...only scratched the surface too. He knocked down his only mid-range shot last night. If he gets a decent jumpshot I can’t imagine the ceiling of that kid

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets introduce everyone to the next TT EXCEPT he is a better rim protector, has a better offensive skillset, more talented and skilled and he is more athletic with a longer reach...only scratched the surface too. He knocked down his only mid-range shot last night. If he gets a decent jumpshot I can’t imagine the ceiling of that kid

Tell me you aren’t delusional enough to think he is going to be the best player from this trade in 3 years.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best big man in the Eastern Conference plays for the Indiana Pacers and his name is Domantas Sabonis. The second best big man in the East is Joel Embiid.

i think there is a group after those 2 that includes Collins, Adebayo, Drummond, ---Jarrett Allan is really good but not yet in that group.

my post from December 30th- where i had Allen- as a 22 year old getting limited playing time as the 6th best big in the East.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best big man in the Eastern Conference plays for the Indiana Pacers and his name is Domantas Sabonis. The second best big man in the East is Joel Embiid.

i think there is a group after those 2 that includes Collins, Adebayo, Drummond, ---Jarrett Allan is really good but not yet in that group.

my post from December 30th- where i had Allen- as a 22 year old getting limited playing time as the 6th best big in the East.

Sabonis is not better than Embiid.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has a legit jump shot too from everything i have read

in limited minutes he was right about top 10 in the league in blocks and rebounds....and its not just blocks for the sake of blocks-he is a true rim protector. He boards as good as just about anyone but the very very top--- he can switch on D.....

and he is 22.

The sky is the limit on him. The physical gifts and the mental acumen are there.