• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hard Knocks 2012

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's been 2 years but it's back! Has anybody else caught the episode yet?

Philbin looks to have a very effective way of running practice. They said it allows them to run more plays than any other team in the NFL.

I found the QB competition very interesting. Chad Johnson had some of the best moments as well (big surprise there).

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's been 2 years but it's back! Has anybody else caught the episode yet?

Philbin looks to have a very effective way of running practice. They said it allows them to run more plays than any other team in the NFL.

I found the QB competition very interesting. Chad Johnson had some of the best moments as well (big surprise there).

I have to wonder if the publicity is worth the distraction.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the confirmation, numone9er. I've never seen Hard Knocks in the past (they've only followed the Bengals & Jets, right?). I'll definitely check out Hard Knocks this year, tho, thanks to my 360 & HBO GO. :pop2:

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the confirmation, numone9er. I've never seen Hard Knocks in the past (they've only followed the Bengals & Jets, right?). I'll definitely check out Hard Knocks this year, tho, thanks to my 360 & HBO GO. :pop2:

They followed the Chiefs and Cowboys twice as well. Enjoy.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really liking Philbin. Sparano was a fucking hack.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm interested to watch this season because the Dolphins have had bad luck with coaching and the FO similar to SF IMO & it'll be interesting to watch the new staff try to de-fuckify everything Saban, Cam Cameron, and Sparano (and Parcells?) did to the team.

Edit: Heck, he's gotta try to fix everything going back to BEFORE Marino's retirement. I mean, they had him throwing at bums close to the end.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm interested to watch this season because the Dolphins have had bad luck with coaching and the FO similar to SF IMO & it'll be interesting to watch the new staff try to de-fuckify everything Saban, Cam Cameron, and Sparano (and Parcells?) did to the team.

Edit: Heck, he's gotta try to fix everything going back to BEFORE Marino's retirement. I mean, they had him throwing at bums close to the end.

Yea, Miami just never put the puzzle together. If Marino had receivers, there was no running game. When there was running game there was no receivers. Really sucks Marino never got a ring. I fucking idolized that dude as a kid, if anyone deserves a ring that never got one, it's him.

Tannehill is looking pretty good. Might not get many starts this season, but he will be a stud in the future me thinks. I'm looking forward to watching him evolve in Miami.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know of a website that streams stuff like HBOs Hard Knocks, and you don't have to download any special media-players or fill out stupid online surveys... not sure if I can post the link here so unless Clyde or Ray say it's cool if anyone is interested you'll just have to send me a PM.

BTW, you'll probably have to wait until the next day or a few days after the broadcast to view since they don't normally put it up the same night... although for Game of Thrones they were pretty Johnny on the Spot and had those episodes up by 11pm PST the same day it aired a few times.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea, Miami just never put the puzzle together. If Marino had receivers, there was no running game. When there was running game there was no receivers. Really sucks Marino never got a ring. I fucking idolized that dude as a kid, if anyone deserves a ring that never got one, it's him.

Tannehill is looking pretty good. Might not get many starts this season, but he will be a stud in the future me thinks. I'm looking forward to watching him evolve in Miami.

Does sound like Philbin has the right approach but if Tannehill doesn't pan out it might be tough for Philbin to succeed. From his perspective, I am surprised that they rolled the dice on Tannehill but I'm guessing there were a few factors involved. I'd also bet that Philbin is confident in his skills to mold a QB.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know of a website that streams stuff like HBOs Hard Knocks, and you don't have to download any special media-players or fill out stupid online surveys... not sure if I can post the link here so unless Clyde or Ray say it's cool if anyone is interested you'll just have to send me a PM.

BTW, you'll probably have to wait until the next day or a few days after the broadcast to view since they don't normally put it up the same night... although for Game of Thrones they were pretty Johnny on the Spot and had those episodes up by 11pm PST the same day it aired a few times.

Yeah, posting those links is a general no-no so its gotta be a pm or within a private group. Only thing about those websites is that flash blocker add ons and pop up blockers are pretty mandatory.

Flash blocker is my BEST FRIEND on the net cause it skips web commercials and almost all advertisements that play before youtube.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, posting those links is a general no-no so its gotta be a pm or within a private group. Only thing about those websites is that flash blocker add ons and pop up blockers are pretty mandatory.

Flash blocker is my BEST FRIEND on the net cause it skips web commercials and almost all advertisements that play before youtube.

I also know of a website where i don't have problems watching it that's for streaming as well. I can pm it to anyone who wants it. I know the pain of not having HBO. I would highly recommend this show for big football fans (which I'm pretty sure we all are).

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also i forgot to mention this, but Vontae Davis is way out of shape and It really showed. He even had to take a bathroom break to catch his breath.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also i forgot to mention this, but Vontae Davis is way out of shape and It really showed. He even had to take a bathroom break to catch his breath.

There was a little blurb about it. Apparently, he's shown a poor attitude, too. May lose his starting spot. Probably not, but stranger things have happened with regime changes.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also know of a website where i don't have problems watching it that's for streaming as well. I can pm it to anyone who wants it. I know the pain of not having HBO. I would highly recommend this show for big football fans (which I'm pretty sure we all are).

me please

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a little blurb about it. Apparently, he's shown a poor attitude, too. May lose his starting spot. Probably not, but stranger things have happened with regime changes.

He definitely is in danger of losing his starting spot. He's a liability if he's still in the shape he's in when the season starts. It's not going to be a secret and that's one of the big disadvantages of Hard Knocks IMO.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw an episode and watched part of the quarterbacks film review (or something like that) - they look too relaxed, like they are trying to be funny on camera. I'm all for fun, but when they currently have a QB roster near Arizona for unprovenness/suckitude, it looks off. I know they can't scowl all day and the stuff is edited - it just looks like they don't give a fuck. I know they do and I only saw one episode - I just can't imagine Alex, Kaep, Josh, and Scott being so laid back - and these guys are not stuck up people. I remembering reading about Joe and Steve being competitive even in these sessions.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw an episode and watched part of the quarterbacks film review (or something like that) - they look too relaxed, like they are trying to be funny on camera. I'm all for fun, but when they currently have a QB roster near Arizona for unprovenness/suckitude, it looks off. I know they can't scowl all day and the stuff is edited - it just looks like they don't give a fuck. I know they do and I only saw one episode - I just can't imagine Alex, Kaep, Josh, and Scott being so laid back - and these guys are not stuck up people. I remembering reading about Joe and Steve being competitive even in these sessions.

I have a feeling Harbaugh handles things a lot differently then Philbin. Philbin came from the Packers who obviously had a lot of success (especially on Offense). He's not faced with re-building a team and dealing with inconsistency while trying to gain the respect of the locker room. Philbin started getting pissed off. Especially in the last episode after their loss to Dallas. Harbaugh is a lot more passionate and energetic and this is all just my personal opinion, but i have a feeling it provides a more competitive, fast paced, hard working environment. Not to say that the Dolphins aren't any of those things. It's just different.