• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh will surpass Saban in National Titles

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never may I be called a Saban fan, but on the college or pro level, Harbaugh has proven exactly nothing other than that he's a fuckin liability.
Thats my point :dhd: when i posted that I was sporting the maizeandblue avy and mocking how big of a homer he is. I don't actually believe that :laugh3: read this mock thread you may enjoy it. I threw in a ton of custom Harbaugh gifs and memes
OK Michigan fans what say you about harbaughs coaching practices | SportsHoopla.com Sports Forums

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I thought you were hittin the gutter glitter again.
I couldn't keep it up too long the Obama fans are a lot quicker than the Michigan fans. And after about an hour of donning A wolverines logo i almost forgot how a zipper worked :L

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel a bit sorry for MandB due to all the piling-on he's enduring from fellow Hooplas, so here's a little something to cheer him up.

:yes:

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda feel a bit sorry for MandB due to all the piling-on he's enduring from fellow Hooplas, so here's a little something to cheer him up.

Maybe if he wasn't attempting to ram Harbaugh down our throats...I actually root for U of M occasionally, my mom's alma mater, but it's getting harder by the minute...I cannot believe the arrogance after accomplishing jack shit...God help us if Michigan actually has a good year.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should put together a SportsHoopla "All - Time Troll" tournament. I'd have CD23 as the #1 seed.

If there was such a thing as a Nike Troll Camp or Troll Opening, he would be the first invite.

Very entertaining in the off-season.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should put together a SportsHoopla "All - Time Troll" tournament. I'd have CD23 as the #1 seed.

If there was such a thing as a Nike Troll Camp or Troll Opening, he would be the first invite.

Very entertaining in the off-season.
C23D needs to get his satellite camps rolling before the Hoop bans them for everyone.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Meh, it was pretty intentional on my part. The CFB board was getting a little stale. Nothing riles people up like someone talking up their team, especially when the team was bad and especially when they hire a guy like Harbaugh. Most of what they're saying is wrong anyway, so they'll be proven so in due time. You lay seeds like this and then when we do win, you can laugh at them later.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, it was pretty intentional on my part. The CFB board was getting a little stale. Nothing riles people up like someone talking up their team, especially when the team was bad and especially when they hire a guy like Harbaugh. Most of what they're saying is wrong anyway, so they'll be proven so in due time. You lay seeds like this and then when we do win, you can laugh at them later.

It's gonna be a bad fucking harvest.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if he wasn't attempting to ram Harbaugh down our throats...I actually root for U of M occasionally, my mom's alma mater, but it's getting harder by the minute...I cannot believe the arrogance after accomplishing jack shit...God help us if Michigan actually has a good year.

What has been arrogant about what I have posted? Every once and a while I'll throw something out just to poke an an MSU or OSU fan like -- "look at the all time record" -- but that's not really that bad and really all we have to go on at the moment....so I'd love for some examples.

I posted a thread laughing at the SEC because of Harbaugh satellite camps and got piled on because -- how dare I laugh at the SEC. Ultimately, I will be proven right and satellite camps will be viewed as a good thing, not a bad thing. And the only reason the SEC hates them is because they don't want people on their turf. I even quoted an ESPN article that mirrored my sentiment.

Then I posted about how crappy Ohio State's treatment of a recruit was. I posted one original thread and another when he transferred, and is assumed to play, at Auburn -- despite OSU declaring his career over. There was nothing arrogant about this either. OSU fans, of course, jumped all over me because I was a Michigan fan. Not because what their team did was right. Their biggest defense was that in 2012, when I wasn't on the site, I didn't post about Alabama doing the same thing.

And, of course, I've posted some pro-Harbaugh threads. If you don't want to be excited about Harbaugh, don't click on them. That's a pretty simple one. I think you're confusing excitement with arrogance. If I was arrogant, I wouldn't admit when I'm wrong -- which, as some will tell you, I have no problem doing.

Maybe if other people were posting threads during the off season then the only thing to discuss on here wouldn't be my 4.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's gonna be a bad fucking harvest.
How so? All I've done is challenged those who predict a 7 or worse season for Michigan. If you go back and look, I've said, stated or guaranteed nothing. About the only thing I stand firm on is that I think 7 wins is our basement and 8 or 9 should be expected. That's about it.

I've also stated a little bit about MSU falling back to the #2 program in the state, which I do believe will happen soon under Harbaugh but have made no guarantees as to when. It could start this year, it may take a few, but I think it will happen.

I already got to "harvest" my crop when Auburn signed the OSU player kicked off the team because he was apparently so injured he had no shot at playing. All those OSU fans were wrong in the original thread, but to this day they hold onto their defense of their coaches' shady practices. That's OK. But that's far more arrogant than anything I've done.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? All I've done is challenged those who predict a 7 or worse season for Michigan. If you go back and look, I've said, stated or guaranteed nothing. About the only thing I stand firm on is that I think 7 wins is our basement and 8 or 9 should be expected. That's about it.

I've also stated a little bit about MSU falling back to the #2 program in the state, which I do believe will happen soon under Harbaugh but have made no guarantees as to when. It could start this year, it may take a few, but I think it will happen.

I already got to "harvest" my crop when Auburn signed the OSU player kicked off the team because he was apparently so injured he had no shot at playing. All those OSU fans were wrong in the original thread, but to this day they hold onto their defense of their coaches' shady practices. That's OK. But that's far more arrogant than anything I've done.

I'd love to know how 9 wins should be "expected".

8 wins, possibly, but also not "expected". michigan will likely be underdogs in 5-6 games this year.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday, Michigan released their 2015 football hype video. I have to admit, it's actually pretty cool.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to know how 9 wins should be "expected".

8 wins, possibly, but also not "expected". michigan will likely be underdogs in 5-6 games this year.
Because based on recruiting rankings we have more potential talent on this team than at least 8 or 9 teams on the schedule.

I think it's reasonable as a Michigan fan this year to expect to beat teams like:

UNLV
BYU
Oregon State
Maryland
Northwestern
Minnesota
Rutgers
Indiana

Expect a good chance to beat:
PSU
Utah

And be in the games against:
MSU
OSU

When I say that "7 wins is our bottom", I'm counting only the teams we should, key word is should, have little problem taking care of and that's assuming we lose to one of them. 8 wins counts all of them. Could that change? yes. But that's my expectation as a fan.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because based on recruiting rankings we have more potential talent on this team than at least 8 or 9 teams on the schedule.

I think it's reasonable as a Michigan fan this year to expect to beat teams like:

UNLV
BYU
Oregon State
Maryland
Northwestern
Minnesota
Rutgers
Indiana

PSU
Utah

MSU
OSU

When I say that "7 wins is our bottom", I'm counting only the teams we should, key word is should, have little problem taking care of and that's assuming we lose to one of them. 8 wins counts all of them. Could that change? yes. But that's my expectation as a fan.

Wow, where to start.

First off, recruiting rankings mean nothing. Secondly, their recent ones suck. Last 2 classes:
2015 - 38th
2014 - 20th

While the 2012 and 2013 classes were highly ranked, the highest rated players from those classes are pretty underwhelming: Derrick Green (3rd on the RB depth chart), Shane Morris (fighting with an Iowa castoff who lost his job this offseason), Dymonte Thomas (meh), and then it's a ton of offensive linemen who are just OK. Joe Bolden is pretty good, Jabril Peppers hasn't done anything yet, and none of your other playmakers on offense have proven any real value.

Secondly, there is not a good chance to beat Utah.

Thirdly, you may be in games vs. OSU and MSU, but those will both be losses, and probably pretty big ones.

Finally, games like BYU, Penn State, and Minnesota are likely to be games where you guys are the underdog, so I don't know how you can "expect" those to be wins.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has been arrogant about what I have posted? Every once and a while I'll throw something out just to poke an an MSU or OSU fan like -- "look at the all time record" -- but that's not really that bad and really all we have to go on at the moment....so I'd love for some examples.

I posted a thread laughing at the SEC because of Harbaugh satellite camps and got piled on because -- how dare I laugh at the SEC. Ultimately, I will be proven right and satellite camps will be viewed as a good thing, not a bad thing. And the only reason the SEC hates them is because they don't want people on their turf. I even quoted an ESPN article that mirrored my sentiment.

Then I posted about how crappy Ohio State's treatment of a recruit was. I posted one original thread and another when he transferred, and is assumed to play, at Auburn -- despite OSU declaring his career over. There was nothing arrogant about this either. OSU fans, of course, jumped all over me because I was a Michigan fan. Not because what their team did was right. Their biggest defense was that in 2012, when I wasn't on the site, I didn't post about Alabama doing the same thing.

And, of course, I've posted some pro-Harbaugh threads. If you don't want to be excited about Harbaugh, don't click on them. That's a pretty simple one. I think you're confusing excitement with arrogance. If I was arrogant, I wouldn't admit when I'm wrong -- which, as some will tell you, I have no problem doing.

Maybe if other people were posting threads during the off season then the only thing to discuss on here wouldn't be my 4.

I have zero problem with anything MnB has posted. He is a fan, not a bandwagon fan a true fan. He should talk his team up on a message board as much as he can. Especially when its the off season and we are all talking opinions about next season. No problem at all keep up the good work.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When my wife talks to me about things I don't care about constantly, I tell her she is "ear raping" me.

You've been ear raping the forum for the past few weeks with things that should be on the Michigan board.

Archangel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When my wife talks to me about things I don't care about constantly, I tell her she is "ear raping" me.

You've been ear raping the forum for the past few weeks with things that should be on the Michigan board.

But the general board is now the Michigan board. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UNLV
BYU
Oregon State
Maryland
Northwestern
Minnesota
Rutgers
Indiana

PSU
Utah

MSU
OSU

So you're banking on being good because the 2012 and 2013 classes were highly ranked? That's probably not a good thing because it's been proven a majority of those players aren't any good, especially the ones that were ranked fairly high. Take a look at what those highly ranked players have been:

Just looking at 2012: Richardson, Jenkins-Stone, Kalis, Pipkins, Ojemudia, have all been busts. There were a ton of O-lineman in this class, they obviously haven't done great. And the only great player left early for the NFL. This was considered a top 10 class. It clearly was not.

2013: Derrick Green, David Dawson, Dymonte Thomas, Mike McCray, Taco Charlton, Shane Morris, along with a bunch of O-lineman again, haven't done anything in their college careers. Again another top 10 class with little to show.

It's quite stunning the lack of talent out of those two classes. Very little production if you ask me. I don't see how counting on these guys for 2015 is a good thing. You have no playmakers on the outside either.