• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Harbaugh will surpass Saban in National Titles

Turbo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishful thinking he will surpass Saban in 5 years. Did his program win anything during his tenure with Stanford? Many people didn't even know him before he landed his gig with the Niners. Also, he had a very young Andrew Luck at Stanford. How many Heismans? None. How many National Championships? None.

All I know is, I'm looking forward to Nov 28th. It should be a great Buckeye victory.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishful thinking he will surpass Saban in 5 years. Did his program win anything during his tenure with Stanford? Many people didn't even know him before he landed his gig with the Niners. Also, he had a very young Andrew Luck at Stanford. How many Heismans? None. How many National Championships? None.

All I know is, I'm looking forward to Nov 28th. It should be a great Buckeye victory.

I think this thread was meant to be a goof, not to be serious.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude's a fucking joke. He basically called me a liar, called me a homer because he thought I was "over-hyping" them and then made me go back and link up all the sites because he didn't believe me in the first place. Which he should have done because it would have prevented him from looking like a dumbass and fool all at once.
No, I didn't call you a liar. I said I needed proof. You provided it -- and now I have no argument against. When I said my assumption is that your facts are wrong is nothing personal to you, rather, that's pretty much how I would treat any information just randomly stated on the internet without actually linking to the proof. I thought it was a good bet you were over-hyping them, but you weren't. So there ya go. Again, no argument from me now that the proper evidence was provided.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I didn't call you a liar. I said I needed proof. You provided it -- and now I have no argument against. When I said my assumption is that your facts are wrong is nothing personal to you, rather, that's pretty much how I would treat any information just randomly stated on the internet without actually linking to the proof. I thought it was a good bet you were over-hyping them, but you weren't. So there ya go. Again, no argument from me now that the proper evidence was provided.

So you can admit ND returns a ton of talent then?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you can admit ND returns a ton of talent then?
Yes, you do. Based on what you linked, it looks like ND should actually be pretty good. Luckily we don't have to play them.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this thread was meant to be a goof, not to be serious.
:nod: when i originally posted it i had the michigan logo and maize avy up. Its a spoof on his homer threads. Michigan isn't doing shit Harbs is as over rated as they come. Truth is he's already violating NCAA rules its only a matter of time before michigan sanctions not that they would matter

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time ohio state faced ND

'06 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State-34 ND-20. Before that only 4 match ups all time.

'96: Ohio State-29 ND-16
'95: Ohio State-45 ND-26
'36: Ohio State-2 ND- 7
'35: Ohio State-13 ND- 18

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the 2006 Fiesta Bowl, which Ohio State won 34-20.
:suds: I was curious if MnB knew tho. I gave suspicions he's actually urban Meyer trying to make michigan look bad through his contributions here

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds: I was curious if MnB knew tho. I gave suspicions he's actually urban Meyer trying to make michigan look bad through his contributions here
:dance : another rainbow seems to be the extent of Maizeandblues knowledge of michigan football other than copying and pasting espn fluff pieces

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Before taking the Stanford job, Stanford was arguably the worst of what would now be considered a Power-5 team.

Turning a team like that and doing what he did is a much more impressive coaching job than anything Meyer has ever done, who walked into every gig set up for success by his predecessors.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'06 Fiesta Bowl: Ohio State-34 ND-20. Before that only 4 match ups all time.

'96: Ohio State-29 ND-16
'95: Ohio State-45 ND-26
'36: Ohio State-2 ND- 7
'35: Ohio State-13 ND- 18
So tOSU has faired well since the inception of the forward pass.:thumb:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before taking the Stanford job, Stanford was arguably the worst of what would now be considered a Power-5 team.

Turning a team like that and doing what he did is a much more impressive coaching job than anything Meyer has ever done, who walked into every gig set up for success by his predecessors.

Have you looked at Indiana? Stanford won the P10 within 10 years of Harbs. You are correct they were bad and Harbs did have one or two good seasons there.

SilverFalco8

TXOD BX 507
Hoopla Cash
$ 87.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh is already the top coach in the BIG. With the upgrade at QB in Ruddock and another year of top recruits there will be a lot of changes in the landscape of college football. Theres a legitimate possibility Harbaugh leads Michigan to the playoffs this year.
How is he already the top coach in the BIG when he hasn't even coached a down for Michigan?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:pound:

Bowling Green's record the four years before he took over: 15-29
Urban Meyer's record: 17-6

Utah's record the three years before he took over: 17-17(Finished ranked only TWICE in program history)
Urban Meyer's record: 22-2 - Finished ranked both times, and one in the top 5(highest ranking in school history)

Florida's record the three years before he took over: 23-14 - 62% winning %
Urban Meyer's record: 65-15, TWO National Championships - 81% winning %

At Ohio State he's 38-3, hasn't lost a B1G regular season game for christ sakes and is winning 93% of his games, along with winning it all last year. And it should be noted he took over a team that was 6-7 the year before.

So to sum up the year before Meyer took over for his predecessors those teams were a combined 20-26.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he already the top coach in the BIG when he hasn't even coached a down for Michigan?
Sarcasm I was mocking certain Michigan fans and the threads said fans were posting all over the CFB board. When this was originally listed I was being a wise ass and I hard said homers Avy up along with a Michigan logo. It was also written in his posting style. This is a mock thread/ discussion thread. I agree with you harbaugh hasn't proven anything. Truth be told I think he has a disappointed ting season and there's a lot if potential for a disappointing run as the coach of Michigan. I would t drink the kool aid yet if I was a Wolverines fan. I see him starting his run with a loss to the Utes